Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belly casts for preggos is latest moomie "art" fad

Posted by kidlesskim 
I have never heard of such nonsense in my life. I read about these on a breeder site and found it hard to believe, but a simple google search shows this is the popular and newest trendy little artsy keepsake for preggos. They actually make a cast of their pregnant body including swollen belly and udders and then paint it all up in cutesy little colors with pink bows and such and display them as artwork.eye rolling smiley Below is a bit from one of the sites I found and it has a "gallery" of some of the finished products.sleeping

two faces puking 'Welcome to Mommy's Belly belly casts. A site devoted to the art of belly casting. Belly casting (belly masking/belly sculpture), is the process of creating a plaster mold of a mother's belly during pregnancy. Imagine physically capturing the beauty of an expectant mother's belly, which can be shared with her child for years to come. The belly casting process is simple and takes only about 45 minutes to complete, but the result is a piece of art which can last a life-time.

..... For those looking to give the creme de la creme in mother-to-be gifts, Mommy's Belly proudly offers the Mommy's Belly Ultimate Spa Belly Cast Kit....."

Take a few moments to browse Mommy's Belly belly cast Gallery to see examples of how other people have created and decorated their belly casts........."

confused smiley I do not get this kind of "art" at all.
Re: Belly casts for preggos is latest moomie "art" fad
August 09, 2008
Hm. Mebbe we need some more casts, for comparison, of the childfree who didn't ruin their bodies by having children. I'm not a paragon but I do like to bike and flatter myself by thinking I'm in reasonably good shape. I'm not particularly gifted in the chest area but what I do have is still perky and cute if I may say so--at age 41. Hubby has no complaints, anyways. I do get a secret thrill out of dressing up when we go out and quietly observing all the lardo moos waddling around. Ha! It's an uncharitable thought, but I must admit to thinking on occasion, "gosh, if you hadn't turned yourself into a brood sow you might look a little more like me!" Not very nice, but just payment for bingos.
August 09, 2008
You'd think what moos-to-be really wanted was a cast of their gussets. Then they can treasure the distant memory of their once-acceptable 'front bottoms' before they were completely blown-out by the process of childbirth.

Come to think of it, maybe they'd be better as sentimental gifts for the Dads...

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
August 10, 2008
I've seen those "belly casts", and also repugnant moos having naked pictures taken by a pro when they're nearly about to pop - because it's all so beeyotiful and a myrakul.

Makes me want to barf when I walk by a pro photo shop and see some huge picture of a naked bloated moo in the window. One of them even had her previous sprog's hand touching her gross gut. Ewwwww!
August 11, 2008
>
>"Imagine physically capturing the beauty
> of an expectant mother's belly, which can be
> shared with her child for years to come." >

> Oh, Jesus H. Christ on a hot rod. two faces puking two faces puking Mr. T: I pitty tha foold
I'm so glad I have a normal mother who shared some of her childhood mementos with me (dolls, jewelery) rather than something revolting like this. What the hell is beautiful about a moo belly? Bleh.

"Makes me want to barf when I walk by a pro photo shop and see some huge picture of a naked bloated moo in the window. One of them even had her previous sprog's hand touching her gross gut. Ewwwww!"

How does this photo shop get business for having something so tasteless in its window? I bet if the photographer had a picture of a sexy woman in a bikini or provocative clothing, there would be an uproar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login