Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ant-breeder rant about new "safety" equipment

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ant-breeder rant about new "safety" equipment
August 10, 2008
This boosted my BP to aneurism levels; thought I'd share the venom!

http://www.ericpetersautos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5371.0
Re: Ant-breeder rant about new "safety" equipment
August 10, 2008
Ok how about this, then. If kiddies keep getting run over by cars and keep causing cars to slip into gear, crash into buildings and run over other people... ban kiddies from cars. Completely. If society wants to erase all such risk, they have to remove the cause.

So no more baby seats, no more cartoon-character shit hanging in every window, no more driver distraction by screaming toddler passengers. No more Baby-on-Board stickers. Because it'd all be illegal. Wanna get them to school? Better get out the pull-along wagon and load 'em up. Wanna get them to soccer practice? Everybody put on your walking shoes and set off a good 90 minutes before it kicks off.

In six months time there will be no child/car fatalities, the price of gas will be back down to a dollar a gallon, and child obesity will not exist.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Love it! Brilliant!
They thought air bags were the wonder safety devices too and we now know they can break a kid's neck. So, now they have to go in BACK seats and I have even seen them fastened in backwards.eye rolling smiley The bottom line is that the angle and momentum of a car wreck, the kid's location in the car, and other variables like flying debris, fire, cars coming along after the fact and crashing into the scene, and sheer chance have more to do with whether they ( or anyone else)dies in a wreck than most all safety devices combined. Seatbelts might keep you from flying through the windshield, but they can also perforate livers, cause heart attacks, and trap you in a sinking vehicle.

Reasonable safety devices are a good thing, but if people don't exercise common sense then cars could be made out of space shuttle material and STILL be set in motion for premature take off and certain explosion. If a kid disengages the gears then there SHOULD be an adult present to immediately counter act the problem. This is not the manufacturer's responsibilty NOR is it mine to pay for it.This is CLEARLY the parents' problem. Old people had to suffer through the pain and nonsense of "child proof" caps, when if parents would have put medication out of the kid's reach in the first place, then none of those overdoses would have ever happened.
There is already too much safety equipment out there. Kids can't learn to use their brains, when everything is made "safe" for them and they live in a foam-padded world. Its already ridiculous that kids aren't learning to swim anymore because they all wear flotation devices in the public pool.
casseyrod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is already too much safety equipment out
> there. Kids can't learn to use their brains, when
> everything is made "safe" for them and they live
> in a foam-padded world. Its already ridiculous
> that kids aren't learning to swim anymore because
> they all wear flotation devices in the public
> pool.

I agree!

Judging from all of the backyard pool drownings, suffocations from playing with dry cleaning bags, getting mauled by family dogs, fingers chewed off by pet cats, asphyxiation by beads shoved up their noses, broken necks by slip falls down basement stairs, bathtub drownings, electrocutions by poking forks into open sockets, poisenings by guzzling Nyquil, death by adult prescribed opiate patches placed on boo boos, burns by rolling into open bbq pits, scalding by boiling water spilling onto their heads, broken limbs from flipping off swing sets, faces blown off with daddy's hunting rifle, and death by paw paw backing over them with tractors; I'd say that they don't practice the same level of care and concern which they DEMAND from manufactureres, retailers, hotel/restaurants, daycares, schools, and the public in general.

Why are they so concerned with the "public safety" of their kids, when MOST kiddie accidents and injuries take place while either under parental care or at home?
MWR,

I LOVE that site and will look at it all later. That lawn mower suit is ridiculous and I wonder if they won. This was my favorite reader comment.

"This guy sets a record for stupid. I hate to point out that there’s some natural selection going on here–in addition to selecting genes that reproduce, nature selects genes that don’t stupidly kill the products of their reproduction. Like I said, I hate to point it out."
Re: Ant-breeder rant about new "safety" equipment
August 11, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> casseyrod Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> Why are they so concerned with the "public safety"
> of their kids, when MOST kiddie accidents and
> injuries take place while either under parental
> care or at home?

this was the final straw that made me quit my last nanny job. The parents insisted i put the kid seat in the front passenger side of my car, so he could see the view. i explained that there were no bolts in that seat (old car) and that it moved freely. they didn't bat an eye. At the end of the day, i went home, wrote a prepared statemet and left in on their answering machine, resigning b/c i didn't want to end up like another Louise Woodward- who knows if she killed that kid or not? Regardless, if mom and dad do it- you are going to get blamed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login