See what you're missing? School budgets for the chhillldrreen
August 12, 2008
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26012346/
I usually refer to them as the 'screw y'alls'
Re: See what you're missing? School budgets for the chhillldrreen
August 12, 2008
Three words:

Home-skool.

Shit, that's only two words. Better make 'em last.
The only ones losing out here are the school employees who are getting laid off or losing their jobs over this. The public school system has been steadily bleeding the tax payers dry for years now and it was only a matter of time before it fell in like a house of cards. "Special schools" and school sponsored programs with extras and special accomodations in ADDITION to much shit that they just simply do not need to learn the basics, like all the rest of us did. Insead of all of these computers for each kid, they should read a book. Instead of new HVAC systems, let them run a fan, like my Jr high did. All of this bussing from every ravine and Appalachian hill, they can move closer into town and walk, or load em' up on one big tractor and hillbilly carpool.

School has become not much more than a catch all for what the parents won't do. They expect teachers to teach them how to wear rubbers, how to eat, manners, hygiene, etc...then when a good teacher goes above and beyond their duty, they blame them for everything that goes wrong with the kid. They expect them to get their daily exercise at school as WELL as eat free too. This free lunch program is ridiculous. We took baloney or pb&j sandwhiches to lunch. Has anyone ever looked in the paper at what they feed these little fatsos anyway? It is astounding. This below is one of the main problems with their budget.

....."School districts are also getting hammered by higher prices for food. The School Nutrition Association projects that it will cost $1.5 billion more to feed the nation’s schoolchildren this school year."

Of course this means FREE lunches, AND breakfasts. They print the menus out in our paper of the breakfasts and lunches around here, which are about 75% FREE to them, which means the tax payers pay for THEIR kids to eat, when they already get food stamps. Here's an example menu which explains two things. 1) Why the school budget is so strained and 2) Why their kids are so damned fat.

Breakfast
Bacon strips or sausage patties
Scrambled eggs or egg and cheese casserole
Grits or oatmeal
Toast or Biscuit
Hash rounds or potato cakes
Fruit cup or applesauce
Milk or orange juice

Lunch
Chicken cacciatore' or Lasagne
Pasta salad or tossed salad
Corn soufle' or corn medley
Roll or french toast
Baked applie pie or chocolate cake
Fresh Melon cup or apple slices
Vanilla or strawberry ice cream cup
Milk or apple juice

I didn't have that many choices or eat that much food on my last vacation!!!! These kids eat like this EVERY day and then eat Mcdonald's at night.
You don't even want to get me started on this!! The last year I taught one of the new mandates put into place by our county was that the school could no longer ask any student to provide materials for school. This means If I wanted to do a project that required using poster board for each child, I had to check to see if the school had some in their supply room, provide it myself, or ask parents if they would donate some to the school. A larger budget for supplies was implemented by the county. Thanks taxpayers for the construction paper! When the supplies ran out either the teacher had to buy them with her own money, or ask parents to donate items. I made sure I did projects that required only notebook paper! I didn't give a damn how boring it was.
"School has become not much more than a catch all for what the parents won't do. They expect teachers to teach them how to wear rubbers, how to eat, manners, hygiene, etc...then when a good teacher goes above and beyond their duty, they blame them for everything that goes wrong with the kid."

Dingdingding!!! You win the $64,000 prize!

Schools have been given waaay too many duties; turned into pseudo-community centers instead of doing what they're supposed to do---teach kids facts in a simple manner. (meaning MAKE the brats sit down, shut their pieholes and listen to their elders)
Breakfast
Grits or oatmeal
Toast or Biscuit
Fruit cup or applesauce
Milk or orange juice

Lunch
Chicken cacciatore' or Lasagne
Pasta salad or tossed salad
Corn soufle' or corn medley
Roll or french toast
Baked applie pie or chocolate cake
Fresh Melon cup or apple slices
Vanilla or strawberry ice cream cup
Milk or apple juice

Chrissakes! Is this for real? Since when do schoolkids get to eat better than adults out working in the real world to pay for all this shit? Considering my breakfast usually consists of a cup of tea and a bowl of cereal, and my lunch is usually a small salad or soup, I can't believe that not only are the little cretins getting that much food, they're getting that many choices! angry smiley
I know I'm going to hear about it from some of the liberal members here, but, dammit, I just wish they'd shut down this whole fuckin public school mess altogether. Shut it all the fuck down. If parents want schools, they can get together and make their own schools.

But but but but but nowhiggers, we can't have a bunch of uneducated criminals running around, street urchins, etc!

NEWSFLASH.

We already have a bunch of uneducated criminals coming out of the public schools. In some places in the USA less than half even graduate and the overall graduation rate is low in general.

So someone explain to me why we need to pay for public schools for these goddamned brats if the result is just about the same as if we didn't have public schools at all?
August 13, 2008
"Breakfast
Grits or oatmeal
Toast or Biscuit
Fruit cup or applesauce "

Jesus Christ! Where is this school, Pleasantville?

The breakfast shit should stop now. There's no reason why parents can't buy a box of cereal or make toast. As for lunch, hot dogs and/or spaghetti should suffice.

The schools should also end the special ed nonsense. Maybe the graduation rate would improve if the schools weren't forced to waste all their resources on the severly retarded.
August 13, 2008
Oh I'm sure the taxpayers will be expected to pick up the tab for this one.

Note to the parents: YOU HAD THEM, THEY ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Its called PLANNING. Don't know how your kid will get to school? Oh well! Guess it will stay home then, or you'll have to take it, or hey, maybe you an homeskool it.
August 13, 2008
The truly saddening thing about the "free food" is that probably at least half of it winds up wasted, uneaten, in the garbage can.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
http://www.longmeadow.org/schools/lunch.html

This is one public school district's ( a different state thatn where I live) lunch menus for elementary, middle, and high school. Note that the high school ALSO has a salad bar line, pizza bar line, and deli line in ADDITION to the meals. I think they are offerring and feeding kids WAY too much. In this area the elementary ones get the breakfasts as well. Like I said, most of them are on the "free meal" program. Today, I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Apparently, that's not good enough for these kids. The kinds of meals they are being fed for breakfast AND lunch, is about twice what we would eat for our one big meal a day. I might eat a piece of chicken, a baked potato, and possibly a salad.

All of these "chilled fruit cups" offered IN ADDITION to each meal, icecreams on a stick, "lunch munch Monday", etc.....is WAY too much food. I approximated the caloric content of one day of food at the elementary school menu in my local area, and it's over 2000 calories, and I was being conservative. THEN they go home and eat happy meals and junk food. NO KID 6-11 years old needs 3000 calories a day, unless perhaps he is in training for The Olympics.
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.longmeadow.org/schools/lunch.html
>
>
> This is one public school district's ( a different
> state thatn where I live) lunch menus for
> elementary, middle, and high school. Note that the
> high school ALSO has a salad bar line, pizza bar
> line, and deli line in ADDITION to the meals. I
> think they are offerring and feeding kids WAY too
> much. In this area the elementary ones get the
> breakfasts as well. Like I said, most of them are
> on the "free meal" program. Today, I had a ham and
> cheese sandwich for lunch. Apparently, that's not
> good enough for these kids. The kinds of meals
> they are being fed for breakfast AND lunch, is
> about twice what we would eat for our one big meal
> a day. I might eat a piece of chicken, a baked
> potato, and possibly a salad.
>
> All of these "chilled fruit cups" offered IN
> ADDITION to each meal, icecreams on a stick,
> "lunch munch Monday", etc.....is WAY too much
> food. I approximated the caloric content of one
> day of food at the elementary school menu in my
> local area, and it's over 2000 calories, and I was
> being conservative. THEN they go home and eat
> happy meals and junk food. NO KID 6-11 years old
> needs 3000 calories a day, unless perhaps he is in
> training for The Olympics.

The amount and variety of food that they get goes back to the school system feeling the need to be responsible for ALL of the needs of the child. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "This may be the only decent meal some of them get all day." From other school teachers and staff when I've commented on the high caloric count of the lunch or breakfast.

I forgot to mention this one. At one of the schools in our county they offer daily free breakfast and lunch DURING THE SUMMER. So the little kids can get their butts up and walk to the school for their daily meals! My question is what are these parunts doing with their food stamps??!! I know they get a crap load of them, and couple them with WIC and it's more food than they can eat for the month. They are buying nothing but junk and expecting the school to feed their kids.
Every widdle kiddle have a puter? Or they can't learn ANYTHNG"???
Shit, how did I learn anything at all. All I (and everyone else) had was pen, pencil, paper, and books.
bratBgone,

I have heard the same shit said, "This may be the ONLY decent meal they get all day long". Whose fault is that? They already get foodstamp cards and WIC. The average famblee of four, which is moomie and 3 kids, in this area gets approx 400-500 a month on a food card AND WIC. With the WIC they get a SUBSTANTIAL amount of FREE eggs, cheese, milk, and orange juice and some other dairy products as well. If you see "wic approved" above a dairy item, then they can get it for free. The kids eat free at school, so WHY can't they live on that amount of a food allowance?

We have the summer feed the hungry kids bullshit programs too. This summer they got a sack lunch every fucken day which generally had a turkey and or ham club sandwich, a bag of chips, and a piece of fruit and container of milk. They had several locations throughout the area where they could come pick it up and I happen to drive by one day. SUV's lined the parking lot with loads of kids coming in to get their free lunches. I couldn't help but notice that MOST of them had on swimsuits with towels around their waists, because they had JUST come from the water park. How can they afford the water park, but they have no food? How can they afford the gas and the SUV's, but HAVE NO FOOD?

I could save a lot of money if my breakfast and lunch was provided AND I got $500 a month to spend at the grocery store and all of my dairy products were free. In ADDITION they also get the aid for dependent kid checks, and a BONUS check if the kid has ADHD or Autism, which around here translates into about 75%. Never in my life have I ever seen any such nonsense spread like wildfire. In just 15 or 20 years, getting freebies and handouts from the government has turned from an embarassment to a status symbol. I remember kids who would bring a banana sandwich to school rather than present their free lunch coupon for all the other kids to see.

This has gotten way way way out of hand, with no end in sight.
A posting at another site had me thinking about those of us who went to public schools before the 1980s self-esteem and entitlement crap went into effect.

We did not have computers or the internet to do literature searches. There were libraries with huge card catalogs and literature databases printed in large guides. You looked up the reference and then looked up the book or the journal. There was no Wikipedia to plagiarize, but there was a multi-volume encyclopedia with articles that every public school teacher knew backwards and forwards. If you were caught plagiarizing, you flunked the course and faced a whole shitload of problems at home. If you flunked a class, your mom or dad would punish you severely and make you apologize to the teacher for being such a bonehead.

School lunches consisted of milk, mystery meat, some green stuff that you think might be a vegetable and some sort of starch like lumpy potatoes or badly-overcooked pasta. There were no salad bars, and the pizza looked like a spare tire covered with red paint and a few micrometer-thin slices of pepperoni-smelling tire patches. The food resembled war surplus (from WWI) and the cafeteria ladies always wore hairnets and had those funny hankie/napkin pins on their pink polyester smocks. Ice cream was only sold every other day, and the soda machines were turned off during school hours.

If you misbehaved, you were sent to the office where you would have your ass paddled by the principal. Once they called your mom or dad, you would probably be paddled again when you got home. If you did get a spanking, your parents would tell you that you either deserved it or would ask what you did so they could figure out what other punishment THEY would give you for embarrassing them like that.

There was no such thing as ADHD or Aspergers. There was misbehavior punished by a spanking and further action. If you were smart, you may be allowed to study at a higher level than your peers but you would be punished if you bragged about it. If you were dumb, you went off to Special Education so you would not slow down your class. If you did not pay attention, you would stand in the corner or be ostracized by your teacher and classmates. Either way, you learned what was expected of you and you did not show off.

You had homework that had to be done every night or there would be hell to pay. You carried whatever books were required and if you complained to your parents about the work, you were told that you were lazy and would have your privileges reduced so you could study more. The only tutors were hired by wealthy families, and the only individual educational plans were for the whole class. You did not want to be looked at as "special" or "unique"--you just wanted to be normal.
CFBitchfromLA said:

"A posting at another site had me thinking about those of us who went to public schools before the 1980s self-esteem and entitlement crap went into effect."

Loved your posting!! You are soooo damn right! Except we never had ice cream!

I was spanked once in 2nd grade, and when my parents found out my ass was spanked again when I got home. With a belt! My parents would have never taken my side over the teacher's. Parents actually had respect for teachers back then.
August 13, 2008
I'll go ya one better on the school food travesty. At the local high schools AND middle schools here, in a next-door city that rather fancies itself, there are no fewer than FIVE specialty food stations in EVERY school, I kid you not:

"Origins" (traditional caf food, but naturally they have to call it something pretentious)
"The Fresh Grille" (burgers)
"Trattoria": (Italian)
"Casa Amigos": (Mexican) [shouldn't that be "casa de los amigos"? otherwise it's "house friends"...huh? whatever...]
"Sandwich Central" (sandwiches, natch)

Check it out for yourself, the whole precious menu:
http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/foodsvcs.menus/middle_schools (middle)
http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/foodsvcs.menus/high_schools (high)

At least in the elementary schools, for the last week of school they had "chef's choice." Ha! Translates to "clean out the fridge, vacation starts next week!" http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/foodsvcs.menus/elementary_
Good post CFBitch! and Clematis, those menus don't surprise me in the least. You know, if they didn't offer so many damned choices, that right there would reduce the cost. What happened to all of the recycled food that we had? Monday might be meatloaf, Tues. would be spaghetti, then Hamburgers and the next day that funky pizza already mentioned. We always had fish on Friday so the Catholics wouldn't whine, but that was IT. No choices and extras like they are at a freaking food buffet. If you didn't like the lunches then you could bring your own.

These salad bars, various choices, drink and snack machines in every hall, and some schools even have area restaurants and food services deliver their lunches. I could understand if malnourishment was a problem, but these kids clearly are getting enough to eat. I think they ought to have standard lunches like soup and a sandwich, hamburgers and hot dogs, or fish sticks or something. I don't see any reason they should have breakfast at all. Why can't they eat cereal, a breakfast drink, or eat a granola bar before they get there?

My guess is because the parents can get rid of them an hour earlier in the day if they sign them up for breakfast, AND of course because it's free.
If we are going to feed these damn brats, then let's do it right:

1. No more welfare, wic etc and bullshit. When a breeder needs "welfare" she goes to a government store, and there a month of meals for her and the brats are meeted out the exact amount of nutrition in the form of healthy grains, beans, veggies etc. Welfare moos COOK or they and the brats fucking starve. If we have a social contract to give these idiots their meals, then that's it. We don't owe them chips, prepackaged prepared crap and lunchables.

2. School lunches and ONLY school lunches are served, since the government stores provide all nutritional needs, breakfast service will not be necessary. No more french fries, pizza, cokes, etc, school lunch is a nutritious whole grain, milk/juice, vegetable and protein meal and the brats are made to sit up to the lunch tables and clean their damn plates.

think of how much a sensible policy like this would save the taxpayer, which is exactly why it will never happen.
CFBitchfromLA lol you nailed it, im 39 and i got paddled in Jr high all the time, when i tell people that, they freak out and cant beleive it, my mom didnt threaten to sue the school because i got paddled, she knew that i deserved it for what ever reason. kids today are fucken pussies, and those who had free lunch tickets we embaressed and they were the minority,

oh and we had ZERO illegals in our class and NO "special needs" kids in our class to slow us all down
August 14, 2008
nowhiggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I'm going to hear about it from some of the
> liberal members here, but, dammit, I just wish
> they'd shut down this whole fuckin public school
> mess altogether. Shut it all the fuck down. If
> parents want schools, they can get together and
> make their own schools.
HA! HA! Seriously, HA! Parents these days can't even manage the balls to train their children to use the bathroom, and you think they'll do dick about readin, ritin' and rithmatic? HA! You so funny.

>
> We already have a bunch of uneducated criminals
> coming out of the public schools. In some places
> in the USA less than half even graduate and the
> overall graduation rate is low in general.
Most of that is because of the above mentioned parents. "Whaaaa?! You can't fail Shitford simply because he doesn't do his homework. I'm calling the school board!", "Oohh, yeah, my child can't leave to go to the bathroom, it has a fear of toilets. I have a note from the psychiatrist." "But, I don't want my child learning science, it's not in the bible" , "Yeah, I can't possibly take time out of my busy schedule to read to my child and help it learn. I am busy doing the most important job in the world after all."

>
> So someone explain to me why we need to pay for
> public schools for these goddamned brats if the
> result is just about the same as if we didn't have
> public schools at all?
Tradition. It didn't use to suck so bad because there used to be these people called Parents who did things like raise their kids and not expect the rest of society to bend over backwards to make it easier to shove the kid up someone elses ass.

Breeding, it shouldn't be a right.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login