Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sometimes I envy today's teens....

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
Sometimes I envy today's teens....
August 16, 2008
I found out my friend's neice moved in w/ her BF. I did the same thing, at a later age tho, w/ a man I dated for 7 years tho, eventually married. I know, no biggie.

But I have to say I'm envious, I asked if her sister was ok with that (I friendly wit the sister also), and she said yeah, like it was nothing.

I'm glad today's parents are not archaic like ours may have been, but I have to say I'm envious because it was THE end of the world when I did it AS A YOUNG ADULT and I finished college and got a FT job first.

This chick was in college and moved out of state to go, moomie paying the bill and then moved in w/ BF. THEN she quit school. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN AWAY WITH THIS!

MINE obviously was a serious relationship as we are still together after 27 years. The guy has moved out and they broke up. Yes, she is finally returning to school. Alls well that ends well.

But, I have to say, I don't know many people who would have gotten away with all that w/o a fight AT THE VERY LEAST. Now, I guess you can do whatever you want and parunts can foot the bill and just grin and bear it.

All I can say is, I'm glad she didn't get preggers and ruin her life. Because if school gets a little tuff, she'll probably take the easy way out like so many breeders do, but then complain how hard her life is changing diapers and playing paddy cake.
Re: Sometimes I envy today's teens....
August 16, 2008
The huge difference is that my parents would NOT have continued to pay my expenses had I moved in with a guy. They would have considered that as moving out and becoming an adult, and all of the perks of living at home and having college paid for would have ceased. The way it is now, nurslings can move in with a guy and live "as an adult", yet expect moomie and duhddy to continue paying their way. Some parents try and cut the apron strings at this time, or after the kid has actually married, but as soon as they produce a second generation replica, the cash starts flowing again.

If they don't outright give them cash to support their 4 bed/2.5 bath 1 1/2 story lifestyle at age 24, then they are showered with ANYTHING the kid might need or want in the form of clothes, furniture, lessons, and enough toys to stock an aisle at ToysRus. If the grandmoos have a dime left in their bank accounts, it goes to the second generation replica, and of course anything their moo of a daughter might THINK she "needs".
Anonymous User
August 17, 2008
i couldnt be a teen today i wouldn't be able to wear those skinny leg jeansbouncing and laughing
August 17, 2008
I think that there are good things and bad things about being a teen again. I wish my mum could have dealt with my coming out when I was 18 and not when I married last year. I mean it might have made life a bit easier.

I know what you say about parents cutting the strings once you got married or moved in with someone. Kidlesskim, I also notice the second the baybee arrives, the cash begins flowing again. My in-laws are having a hard time staying afloat, yet I am pretty certain that they hae gone out and bought all sorts of furniture for SIL's second bastard. If I had been pregnant with one illegitimate brat, let alone two, I'd have been disowned! Had I been in SIL's shoes (I never was), it would have been nice to have some support from my parents. However, in that time and place, such support would have been highly unlikely.

Still, I don't envy today's teens. They have to contend with metal detectors and the risk of being killed over a pair of shoes or a jacket. I would not be a teen again for anything.
August 17, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> roger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i couldnt be a teen today i wouldn't be able to
> > wear those skinny leg jeansbouncing and laughing
>
>
> That's right, Roger. You'd have a tough time being
> an emo boy if you say you can't handle the skinny
> jeans. All the other emos would make fun of you
> and say you weren't emo enough, only you'd be so
> sad you'd be more emo.

LOL! My teenage years were not too long ago, but I'm glad that boot cut or baggy jeans were in style back then (late 90s/2000).

By the way, the skinny jeans on emo guys has to be matched with a ridiculous hair cut and a t-shirt with a band logo like "Crying in a Coffeehouse on Fridays" or something.
August 17, 2008
These boot cut/flared leg jeans make my ass look bigger, for some reason. I look thinner in the peg legged jeans. Of course, it COULD be that I WAS thinner when they were in style.bouncing and laughing I need to buy a new dryer too because ALL of my clothes have been shrinking lately.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login