Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1100 SUV song

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
#1100 SUV song
March 20, 2006
LOL! It's about time somebody wrote a song about those obnoxious breeders in SUVs! I hate them with a passion! They really do drive like they're the only people on the planet and those of us in small cars don't exist.

Although I have to say here in TX, there are very few 90 lb women driving them. Everything (and everbody) is bigger in Texas!
Re: #1100 SUV song
March 20, 2006
not always a bad thing scorpio .. wink..
Water Lily
March 20, 2006
I drive a car and also, I'm sick of almost getting ran over by those bastards in thier boat size suv's.
Lynn
March 20, 2006

CF Scorpio - I"m a Texas woman, and I weigh only a little bit more than 90 pounds (I'm 5'1" and naturally small). But I hate SUVs with a passion, and you won't catch me dead in one of those things.

Minivans are just as bad. My sister, who's turned into a breeder, has one to cart her three (soon to be four!) kids around, and I try to get out of riding with her and the kids in the minivan as much as possible - not only because my sister is frequently distracted by the kids and yaking on her cellphone when she's at the wheel, but because the minivan literally STINKS.

My eight-year-old Corolla looks much newer than her minivan, which she bought only a few years ago. But then I don't have trash all over the seats and floors of my Corolla, and it doesn't smell like sour milk, fast food, etc. I know that Sis and the kids go through the drive thru all the time from the smell and look of the minivan.

Give me my clean, fresh smelling, pretty little purple Corolla any day! I'm probably one of the few people on my surbuban street that doesn't have one of those monstrous SUVs or minivans, but I have the last laugh when the Moos driving those things (like my sister) complain about the high cost of gasoline or whine that they can't put their vehicles in their garages away from the sweltering summer heat and the spring thunderstorms, or the rare times when we get an ice storm.

My Corolla gets great mileage - I drive at least 200 miles a week because I commute 40 miles round trip but only have to go to the pump every other week, and my DH, who drives a little Honda, and I can put BOTH OUR CARS in our garage. And we have our pick of parking spaces in crowded lots, too - I love the ones for compact cars! I'll never buy into the Texas mentality that bigger is better when it comes to cars.
CF Scorpio
March 20, 2006
I hear ya, Lynn! I came to TX with an 18-year-old Toyota Corolla (not that unusual in the Northeast) and people acted like it was the strangest thing to have a car that old. I finally broke down and bought a brand-new Honda Civic hybrid (because the a/c was broken in the Corolla), and the dealer actually told me that there's not much demand for hybrid cars! Go figure.

Everyone here has an SUV, truck or minivan and none of them know how to drive. But hey, at least I'm getting 40-45 mpg!
Feh
March 20, 2006
Here's a good site for you Hummer Haters out there...
http://www.fuh2.com/

Another good thing no one mentioned about having a car...no one asking you to help move.
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 21, 2006
I have to hear that song, what a hoot! It's about time someone writes a song about them!!! Oh and I'm sure all the angry moo breeders out there will think the women who wrote the song are just jealous moo wannabes. BLECH I *HIGHLY* doubt it.
Feh
March 21, 2006
If by jealous you mean not wanting to be driven over by a tank of a vehicle driven by someone who is applying makeup, talking on the cell phone and trying to change the disney DVD her kids are watching in the back seat, then yes, I am jealous.
Water Lily
March 21, 2006
My car is small and light and gets exellant gas millage and smells new still....Breeders cars always stink. I probaly have only ate food in my car a couple of times, but it still smells new.....I love that smell and will cherish it! My parents (pnb) their cars (which they take EMACULATE care of, are always well kept and don't stink) I've been in breeders cars, and I have NO idea how they can stand their filthy cars!
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 21, 2006
EEEW I've been in a couple of breeder mobiles and let me tell you, a toxic waste dump is cleaner and less scary. Stains in the carpet, seat all schmegged up, garbage under the seats, crumbs everywhere, stuff flung on the windows, finger prints everywhere. My dogs are always in my car and you'd never know it. They sit quietly in the back seat on their blanket and behave themselves, very different behavior than that of screeching loaves and toadlers.
Water Lily
March 21, 2006
Eeeww!!! Ew is right!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.