"My Kids Annoy Me!" (The Moo Rant Heard Around the World)angry smiley
July 22, 2014
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/behaviour_development/a1369922-Do-your-kids-irritate-you

1) My 6 year old is very easily excited, screeches, shouts, giddy, doesn't do as she is told. She is ok when it's just us, but when others are there she is so giddy. My patience is non existinent I just think 'stop screaming' then hate myself for not being more patient. She is worse when had sweets is that normal or could she be sugar sensitive. She makes me feel on edge all the time,Sometimes I feel being a mum is too hard and I really want to be patient and loving but end up frazzled and irritated. Uh Huh, NOW imagine she's doing all that shit while a Child- Free couple, or a couple of parents who paid for a baby sitter, are attempting to enjoy a meal out and a conversation at a restaurant!:headbrick

2) I love my boys more than anything else but hell do they annoy me. I feel like such a cow saying and thinking it, but they are hard work.I too feel really guilty that I am not more patient with them, but the constant whinging and bickering make me want to put my head through a wall. Ds1 (4yo) doesn't stop talking, which means ds2 (3yo) doesn't often get centre stage, which I think pisses him off so he makes the most awful noises to get noticed, I then end up shouting and sending him to his room until he can talk nicely etc and it just goes on and on....They are perfect around other people (mostly) so everyone thinks I'm so lucy to have such well behaved, lovely children but I think, if only they knew. You "...feel like a cow" because you ARE a cow! How ridiculous she thinks her little monsters are "perfect-mostly" when they are around other people too! Is she kidding me?:complaining about a brat

3) Oh, and forgot to say about them asking the same questions over and over again.
Ds1 puts his shoes on every day, most days more than once, but yet every single time, he has to say "this foot mummy?" aaarrrrggggghhhhhhh Then he'll ask me why a certain toy isn't working and I'll tell him that it needs new batteries and he'll then straight away ask me again, and again, and again. So fecking annoying. Yeah, this asking questions over and over is annoying to everyone else too, but when that feeling is expressed by others they become, "mean child haters". These bitches are so full of shit.:BS

4) I try to ignore and stay calm, deal with it nicely, but I end up screaming, then we're all screaming and it never ends. Something has to give Yet, everyone else at the store, diner, and on the plane, bus, or train are supposed to suck it up and be polite as the, "kids will be kids" attitude prevails. angry smiley

5) Yes. Oh God yes. They never stop. Most of my kids have all grown up now, yet they still manage to annoy the hell out of their poor old mother. One of them left a message on the answerphone last week, and just the sound of his voice made me wince a little. Maybe it's because I miss him. But I doubt it smile He always was a bit of a nasal talker, no matter how many how times I told him; "TALK THROUGH YOUR BLOODY MOUTH" I used to say to him. But enough about my son's speech impediments...Each of my offspring has their own individual way of annoying me, which is kind of nice I suppose, but I struggle to appreciate that when my 16 year old son pisses all over the bathroom floor and makes no attempt to inform me, let alone clear it up sad I suppose 6 is a difficult age, but it definitely improves. HOW can she say it "improves" if the sound of her own son's voice makes her wince and the other teen bloke is PISSING on the bathroom floor?saying 'wtf'

And More from SmotheringMoo.com
6) The older my kids get, the more they annoy me. I feel horrible even saying that But, it's true - especially with my youngest. The sweet times seem so few and far between. It seems like all day it's non stop mess making, fighting, arguing, whining "she touched me" "She got more" "it's not fair!!"....I feel sad that I don't enjoy the majority of my time with her These days are flying by so fast. I want to spend time with her, to just be with her and talk to her and play with her but, it's just not pleasant It's not so much fun after the new baby smell wears off, I suppose.shrug

7) I think that as my ds1 gets older and he is less physically affectionate and not as "cute" it is easier for me to get annoyed w/his behavior bc he seems like such a big kid. When they are all little and squishy and cute, it seems less annoying. To me anyway. Don't feel bad though, I think we all feel it sometimes. More proof it's the babies, and all the oohing and aahing of others they like, not the actual kid.:bayybee

8) Some days I hate being a mother so much. I would never, ever go back and not have them and I sure don't want anything to happen to them, but I really wanted to love taking care of them, but honestly, some days I wonder if they are from the same planet! And then I hear about the next age being worse than the current one. Wow. Then I get depressed because I am thinking that I will go through the rest of my life in nothing but pain? Ugh. It's weird how so many Moos express they hate being a moo, but then they back track and claim they wouldn't change a thing! I wonder what the motivation is for them to say that, guilt perhaps, or maybe they want it in writing in case the kid meets with an "accident". I don't know, but nearly all of them qualify their hatred of motherhood with, "I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING in the world!"confused smiley

Yeah, hundreds of pages of, "My Kid Annoys Me", and rants about their beastly kids, but let an unchilded person complain and suddenly it's because they hate kids and it couldn't possibly be because their kids ARE annoying. eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
kidlesskim
"One of them left a message on the answerphone last week, and just the sound of his voice made me wince a little.Maybe it's because I miss him. But I doubt it. smile ..."

spewing water due to laughing

Sweet Jesus, I thought *I* was a bitch.
Re: "My Kids Annoy Me!" (The Moo Rant Heard Around the World)angry smiley
July 22, 2014
Kids are annoying!

It used to be the entire world knew this and people would expend a great amount of effort to teach them to shut the hell up and sit the fuck down. Now, though, we're expected to find every-damn-thing thing they do precious and treasure every nonsense syllable that passes out of their ever-bloviating pieholes.
Re: "My Kids Annoy Me!" (The Moo Rant Heard Around the World)angry smiley
July 22, 2014
on the one hand, I enjoy watching these cows moo and moan (of course, they'll turn around and bingo in the next breath)

on the other hand, the human tendency is to complain about just anything. I kvetch about my job.

However, most of what annoys me I have the liberty of walking away from, and can get away. Not so cowdom.
also, caring for elderly tends to be entrapping as well.. but that's another subject

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login