Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single Moo of 3 Dies, Leaves Parents with Kyds + 200k in Debt

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Re: Single Moo of 3 Dies, Leaves Parents with Kyds + 200k in Debt
July 29, 2014
Okay, now I can see why moo died of liver failure.

In the 113 days before her death, Mason filled prescriptions for 240 hydrocodone tablets, 418 OxyContin tablets, and 1,692 tablets of oxycodone, the lawsuit states. Mason was taken by ambulance to the hospital from her home on Dec. 27, 2009, and was pronounced dead two days later.

The OMI report said when she was admitted to the hospital before her death, her boyfriend reported that she had been in bed for two days, hadn’t eaten and had taken a combination of oxycodone, ibuprofen, Tylenol and Subutex.

Mason also had a history of prescription medication dependence, including hydrocodone and oxycodone, the OMI reported.

Holy fucking shit! Moo was a raging opiate addict. Funny though how it's the doctor to blame.

Granted yes I agree that these "pill mill" doctors should be pursued legally for this kind of prescription abuse. However, he didn't shove the pills down moo's throat. He was wrong to write the prescriptions but she was also very wrong to take them.

Not to mention, how in the hell was she raising 3 kyds while she was drugged out on pills all the time? How was she able to attend school? Obviously, she wasn't. No doubt then, that some of the loans probably went to pay for her pills. And since she was drugged out all the time -- too drugged to work -- I would bet the farm that she was financing her lifestyle with her "student loans".

What I don't get is, surely the parents knew she was a pill-head. It's unlikely that she could hide something that extensive. And if they did know, that makes them beyond fucking stupid to co-sign loans for her.
July 29, 2014
It sounds like the Preacher Man should have practiced some tough love.

Does a pill addict sound like a good person with whom to co-sign? And she was already irresponsible with cranking out brats she couldn't support or care for.

And does anyone think it's a good idea for a pill addict to become a nurse?
jezebel_daisy
Hmmm...looks like we have a troll.

huskerhater
have you ever considered doing a google search about her and her death??? she was on medication that was overprescribed by her doctor (the doctor was involved in several wrongful death suits/complaints) - http://www.abqjournal.com/39125/news/doc-faces-two-more-pain-pill-complaints.html

do you have nothing better to do than to put down others? get your facts straight before you judge

Wow...we haven't had a good troll roast in a while! popcorn and jerry springer signjerry

The troll's talking, but this is all I hear

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Yeah, her parents sound like enablers. Why the hell would you cosign for a junkie like that? You do something that stupid, you get what you deserve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
July 30, 2014
Another reason to not have kyds. You could say their sprog ruined their life. They are work at a church, so they couldn't they have raised her better? Why couldn't her parunts put her in rehab? We actually are on the first page of the search "Lisa Mason liver failure."

As he approaches 60, Mason's dreams of retirement have been shattered. He's done the math, and he will have dependent children living under his roof until he is almost 70 years old. He hasn't taken a vacation with his wife since his daughter died, and doesn't realistically see that happening for many years to come.
"We've pretty much gone through our retirement [funds] already -- we didn't have a lot saved to begin with and now any extra money goes to the kids, as it should, and then whatever we can pay on the loans, we do," said Mason. "At my stage of life, I should have a very different lifestyle than I do."

Link to Quote
July 30, 2014
shy lurker

As he approaches 60, Mason's dreams of retirement have been shattered. He's done the math, and he will have dependent children living under his roof until he is almost 70 years old. He hasn't taken a vacation with his wife since his daughter died, and doesn't realistically see that happening for many years to come.
"We've pretty much gone through our retirement [funds] already -- we didn't have a lot saved to begin with and now any extra money goes to the kids, as it should, and then whatever we can pay on the loans, we do," said Mason. "At my stage of life, I should have a very different lifestyle than I do."

Link to Quote

My heart bleeds. I too should be living a life very different from the one that I am. But my pain condition is not of my own making, so no sympathy.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 30, 2014
And they are playing like she was a tragic and unpredictable death, and that the loan people are big meanie doodie heads.

Also no mention of the lawsuit....until now...which explains the insistence of the loan people. Per the court records it should go to trial in January (suing for wrongful death and loss of consortium, and punitive damages). Of note is that it was already dismissed twice for lack of prosection. https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/app?component=cnLink&page=SearchResults&service=direct&session=T&sp=SD-202-CV-201105914

The fact that moo was a junkie explains a lot. It explains a sudden liver failure (which was not so sudden.) It also explains why she wanted private loans when, as a single moo, she would have qualified for a free ride through the federal system. She did not want federal money because she would not have access to that money. It would go straight to the school. Private loans get paid to you. So she could fuel her raging drug habit and have a few bucks left over for tuition.

She was licensed in NM as an RN the end of October, so she had (somehow) graduated and passed the tests. Her job gives her greater access to drugs. How many patients would be unmedicated on her watch?

Their daughter has a long history of irresponsible behavior which also apparently included a very expensive drug habit. The parents knew what they were getting into when they cosigned...their fault for not insuring their junkie daughter's life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 30, 2014
Where to start with this fustercluck? How can you so royally screw up your life at such a young age? Yes, a lot of rock stars died at 27 but they at least left behind a real body of work. Lurking breeders, her children might be considered the same. More likely, though, they were products of unprotected drugged-out sex. And now her parents are on the hook for $200K AND get to raise their grandkyds on top of that. They aren't even 60 yet! So much for their retirement, eh? Who'll take care of them when they get old?

Here's a fun fact: I take meds myself, have done so for years. Not happy about it, but I need them to function well. I flipping hate taking pain meds because I don't want to add to my load o' drugs. Opiates are a real bitch once you're hooked on them, and one wonders why anyone starts doping themselves with that stuff. They're great for after surgery, but keep it to that.

As to the massive debt, a degree of any sort should be marketable. Apparently, this Moo was so addicted that by the time she got her dream job, her liver gave out. That seriously sucks, but a body can only take so much abuse. A lot of parunts claim that kyds make them "take better care of themselves." Must not be universally true.fainting

It takes a child to raze a village.
July 30, 2014
kidlesskim
My cousin is a fucking anesthesiologist and his student loans were no where NEAR 200k! I am betting this is one of the perpetual "nursing school" single moos who signed up for all those expensive and non accredited online "universities" and "went to school" for 7 or 8 years, while the best she could hope for would be a certificate when she finished worth about $8.25 an hour.eye rolling smiley Also, any parent who doesn't have life insurance is irresponsible. $300k worth of life insurance can be had at her age for about $60 a month or less. Had she even had a small amount like that her loans could have been paid off with 200k left over which would at LEAST would have helped defray her parent's cost of kid care. thumbs updown

Many parents Moos & Duhs have immortality complex and don't think death can happen to them. This Moo obviously fell into that category....

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 30, 2014
cj
As to the massive debt, a degree of any sort should be marketable. Apparently, this Moo was so addicted that by the time she got her dream job, her liver gave out. That seriously sucks, but a body can only take so much abuse. A lot of parunts claim that kyds make them "take better care of themselves." Must not be universally true.fainting

These parents may have had their heads so far up their asses they may not have known about the addiction until it was far too late.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 31, 2014
What a surprise... said no one.

Donations are pouring in for a California couple who were saddled with $200,000 of their daughter's student loan debts when she died suddenly of liver failure.

A GoFundMe page has already raised nearly $11,000 in less than two days - including one anonymous donation of $5,000.

It also appears that the loan companies that had refused to negotiate with Pastor Mason have now been shamed into leniency.

Navient Corp, which had been insisting Mr Mason pay $35,000 has lowered the principle to $27,000 and dropped interest rates to zero percent on three of the four loans.

Another debt collection firm has said it plans to forgive the entire $15,000 loan debt after it was contacted by CNN Money.

Link

So, that's quite the lesson to learn, eh? Take on exorbitant loans to finance your druggie daughter's lifestyle, get stuck with the consequences when her druggie lifestyle inevitably catches up with her, then beg the payment from strangers on social media.

Mind you, if they had just been stuck with it somehow -- without having co-signed -- I would have some sympathy. But, they signed this ridiculously ginormous loan for this druggie single moo with 3 kyds to live the high life on, with no regard to how in the hell it was ever going to be paid back.

They enabled this woman to a ridiculous degree, got stuck with what they AGREED to, and want someone else to pay for it.

Without the beggar site, companies had already been badgered into dropping the interest. Why? That's the way they make the fucking money. That's how loans work. A loan company -- or a bank -- does not loan money without making money off it. But, because it's dead single moo, there's an exception made? I almost hope that anyone else who has loans with these groups threatens to sue. Why should they all have to pay interest when moo's famblee gets special treatment?

I love the claim too that the company was "shamed" into zero interest. Shamed? WTF? Why should they feel shame for operating just as a loan company is supposed to? If you don't want to borrow and pay interest, then get a fucking job and save up your money. But, of course working is too good for druggie moo.
August 01, 2014
Actually, this is inaccurate. Navient dropped the interest and knocked 8K off the loan before they went public. The rest refused to work with them.

I wonder if I can use a Go Fund Me: Non fucked up, non junkie with no illegit kids who is actually doing well wants you to pay off her loans.....

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 01, 2014
Right? I only need 10% of what they are asking for.
August 01, 2014
shy lurker
Another reason to not have kyds. You could say their sprog ruined their life. They are work at a church, so they couldn't they have raised her better?

When it comes to human beings, there is no such thing as "raising them better." It's all a gamble. You can be the best parent in the world and the child can end up unhappy, which leads them to drugs. The parents created that propensity towards drugs. By creating a child, a person always creates this possibility.

She didn't ruin her parents' lives: Her parents ruined her life and now they are dealing with the consequences of their gamble. (And now she has continued this nightmarish cycle with her own children)

Stories like these are the reason I absolutely refuse to play God with another person's life. There will never be a good enough reason to ruin my life and ruin my child's life.

Click here to login