Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My "pride list" of reasons why I'm CF (share yours too!)

Posted by thundergirl85 
Re: My "pride list" of reasons why I'm CF (share yours too!)
December 02, 2014
Where to begin?

1) I'm introverted. I need my space and alone time to recharge. That would be difficult if not impossible with kids.

2) I like having money. I'm not rich, but I like the idea of not having to worry about losing my job because I have to feed the baybeh.

3) I like to travel, and with the money from 2) I've traveled to 17 countries so far, some of which are in the news for the wrong reasons. :GOMIIMOG

4) I like having nice things and not have to worry about them being destroyed by my kids

5) Complete freedom to live my life as I see fit.
December 02, 2014
1. Absolutely no desire. No maternal instinct. No biological clock. Just a total void.

2. Conversely, an active revulsion reflex to all things kid. An instinct to stay away.

3. I am pretty much a loner, only interacting with a few close family members and friends. I need a lot of alone time and peace and quiet.

4. I have mental illnesses that I would not want to pass on. It is difficult for me to deal with these, and having kids would aggravate them beyond belief. I just would not be able to deal.

5. I have chronic pain issues, and can barely get around some days. Even on a good day, I'm limited it how active I can be and for how long. I just wouldn't have the physical ability needed to care for a kid.

6. With #4 and #5, I need to have the time and the space/ability to take care of myself. Some days, that's all I can manage.

7. If I can't do it right, then I'm not doing it. Every kid deserves to have a parent that actually can be and wants to be a good parent.

8. I kept my little stepbrother for my Mom one night. It was miserable. He was a good kid, well behaved, etc., but I had to entertain him all night long and it was the dickens getting him to go to and stay in bed. I just wanted to go do my own thing, read a book, and couldn't. I can't imagine an entire life of that.

9. I don't have much money, but if I decide I want to get groceries to make a nice dinner, or get an average bottle of wine, or get a little pick-me-up like a lipstick, then I want to be able to do it, not have to spend every cent on kiddie crap. I feel like I deserve it. Also, I have no idea where I'd get the money needed just for basics for raising a kid.

10. I could not in good conscious contribute to the overpopulation problem or displace a child that could be adopted (if I wanted kids) and given a good home in favor of having One Of My Own.

11. I cannot imagine how utterly miserable it must be to be pregnant, and don't even want to think about how horrible childbirth has to be. I don't do well with pain at all. I would feel like a prisoner to the fetus, having to alter my life just for it to take over my body. Everyone wants to talk about how miraculous it is to feel the baby move, kick, etc. If I had something moving inside me, I'd freak the fuck out. Also, couldn't take my meds while pregnant, and without my meds, I'm ready for the psych hospital.

12. I adore and cherish my feline and canine children. They are all I need and want.
December 02, 2014
Grew up with an autard need i say more?
December 02, 2014
I get to go out when I want and where I want, without worrying about loaf-sitters or dragging the shitling along.

I can get up and go to bed whenever I want.

My house isn't filled with kinder-crap and bodily fluids.

I can spend my money on whatever I wish.

My ladybits are as nice as they were when I was in my teens.

My clothes aren't smeared with shit or covered in vomit.

I bathe every day.

I don't have to worry about my kyd turning into a criminal or drug addict.

I don't have to deal with screaming and crying, public meltdowns or any other insane noise.

I get to keep my freedom.
December 02, 2014
The main thing I'm proud of is freedom. I can basically do what I want to do when I want to do it. I can just do something spur of the moment or plan something well in advance without worrying about having to cancel because of childcare issues, or not being able to do it at all because it isn't child friendly. I also don't have to schedule my life around child activities, like school, dance classes, sports, etc. I don't take freedom for granted, I guess because I came from a family of control freaks. To sum up, my time is my own.

I also feel bad turning a kid loose in today's world. The schools are even worse than they were when I went to school(1970s-1980s.) The kids were bad enough when I was growing up, I don't want to think about how bad they are today. I dealt with a lot of bullying, harassment, etc., from them and I don't want to subject a kid something worse.

I'm also not sure I'd know how to be a good parent today. Mine were like I already said, control freaks, who basically think thier kids exist for them and can't have their own lives. Mine resented thier kids moving on thier own and finding there was so much more out there than what they limited us to.

I have hobbies too that I like pursuing, such as ham radio and running on my treadmill. I also like going to films and plays, eating out, and just sitting around with a good book or surfing the net, and not having to worry about kids seeing stuff that isn't kid friendly.

It all comes down to one thing, childfreedom is freedom, pure and simple.
December 02, 2014
Here is my reason:

Because I don't want to have kids.

I don't need to list details as to why I don't want them. My body, my life, my freedom in a democracy, therefore my choice.

Because I don't want to have kids.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login