Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Various trainwrecks from kidlesskim's favorite board

Posted by That CF Chick 
kidlesskim, thank you so much for sharing so much from that kellymom site. It's trainwreck central, and I'm having a smug, childfree ball! Here's a grab bag of thread-starting posts that make me want to hurl.

1. "My sister is due in December and we're super close. I told her she should ask her MIL how her DH slept as a baby since my DD is just like my DH - aka not a sleeper!!!!!!!! So she did and found out that her DH was a terrible sleeper too and they did co-sleeping with him and he would come into bed with them up until he was 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So - now she's already decided that she's going to co-sleep especially since she will be breastfeeding and she heard that newborns feed every 2 hrs. Yeah - another convert in my family - now if I could just get my mom to realize it's the better way instead of CIO (which she just let my nephew do the other day at their house while she was babysitting, even though my other sister doesn't do CIO either! )"

2. "Not sure if this post goes here or in the "health" section. I've been co-sleeping with my DD. She is crawling and rolls alot, so to be sure she doesnt roll off the bed she sleeps in the crook of my arm with her head on my arm....this also allows for the best position for her to latch on at night. However, I think it is causing nerve damage in my arms! Use to, my arms would go to sleep at night and tingle really bad. Now they dont go to sleep at night, but every day they ache and hurt and I get a weird tingly, goose-bump like sensation up and down my arms all day. It really scared me at first....a tingling, aching left arm....I thought I might be about to have a heart attack. But I feel fine otherwise so I'm pretty sure it is related to DD sleeping on my arms all night. Anyone else have this problem? How do I fix it? Better sleep position ideas? She is almost 8 months if that helps, and a big baby. Anyone else have this problem? Should I maybe see a doctor about it?"

3. "Took ds for 4 yr old physical and shots. Dr. asked if he sleeps in his own bed (along with other things that were none of her business) and I said no. She proceeded to tell ds that he needed to be sleeping in his own bed and then lectured me on it! Her final statement, "Healthy families sleep in separate rooms." This was only one of the many things that made me mad but I won't go into anymore. What business is it of hers?! Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing with a dr. before?"

4. "This is a tough one for our family. Brayden has slept with us from day one. We never even tried his crib. DH has always been OK with this. In fact the one night we were going to have him sleep in his basinet DH went and got him and said it just didn't feel right

So our problem now is that Brayden is getting older and bigger and moving and hogging the bed! He is still nursing at least twice a night too. It seems when DH comes to bed at night (around 12) Brayden will wake up and want to play and sometimes its hard to get him back to sleep. For the past two nights DH has slept on the couch and B hasn't woke up at all and only ate once!!! WOW! So DH and I were kinda thinking of taking down his crib and putting a bed in his room. Would that be weird? I mean if we don't care it should be no big deal right? DH says he promises he really doesn't care and he knows B needs me right now.

I know if we take down the crib and put a bed in there my mom will freak out (oh and I am 28 by the way) but she still thinks she needs to tell me what to do.

Anyways, do you think it would be a bad thing?"

The thread title for #4 is "Do we kick DH out of our bed?" The link (unclickable so that hipmoos won't come here in buttermilk-scented droves!) is forum.kellymom.net/showthread.php?t=85566 if you're interested in more trainwreck.
Re: Various trainwrecks from kidlesskim's favorite board
August 21, 2008
i think co-sleeping is fine......

if you live in a mud hut in Bangalore.

"Buttermilk scented droves". You are a clever fish.
August 21, 2008
Oh, #3 is my favorite.

Ever notice how breeders don't want to hear ANYTHING that even remotely tells them they aren't doing everything perfect?

"PRAISE ME GOD DAMNIT!!!!! I'M DOING TMIJITW AND IT'S SOO HAAAARRRDDDD!!!!!!!!!!"
"Brayden has slept with us from day one."

BRAYDEN? That alone makes me want to pummel the shit out of this moo. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

And then there's this little nugget:

"Dr. asked if he sleeps in his own bed (along with other things that were none of her business) and I said no. She proceeded to tell ds that he needed to be sleeping in his own bed and then lectured me on it! Her final statement, "Healthy families sleep in separate rooms." This was only one of the many things that made me mad but I won't go into anymore. What business is it of hers?!

Um, how about the fact that she's A DOCTOR AND YOUR SON'S HEALTH AND WELL-BEING ARE HER TOP PRIORITY. But, since you obviously know so much better than her, don't listen. She's only been working and studying her whole life. What does she know? hitting over the head with a hammer
August 21, 2008
LOL, That CF Chick! "grab bag".bouncing and laughing

That site is unbelievable, and just when I think I have seen all there is to see, I run across a new one! Married with Rabbits introduced me to another one, mothering.com, that is turning out to be even worse than the kellymom one, IF that's possible.tongue sticking out smiley

#3-RE: The doctor who told her to put that kid (s) in his own bed. They ALL hide the extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping from their pediatricians. They also actively seek medical professionals who agree with that bullshit so consequently, they spend a lot of time with lactations nurses, midwives, and other NON doctors. That's because the majority of LICENSED medical doctors recognize that shit for what it is, VERY UNHEALTHY. So, when they can't find a doc who condones or encourages this nonsense, they just hide it and say it isn't "any of his business", it's not a medical issue but rather a "parenting style" which absolves them of all guilt for not disclosing it. If the doc DOES know and gives his opinion, they become VERY defensive and run to the other moomies for reassurance. Their HUSBANDS tell them to stop, their FRIENDS tell them to stop, their FAMILIES tell them it's wrong, and NOW their doctors.

Why in hell do they act like this 'Dr Sears" nut is Moses and his book on attachment parenting is the fucking Ten Comandments? I'll tell you why, because that's what they WANT to hear. It enables them to not work, not take any personal responsibility, and use their pre-childbirth (the period of time when they are "trying"), the during childbirth and pregancy, and then AFTER said brat is born they are enabled to milk the attention and sympathy for an extended period of time which lasts for years and years and years, RATHER than just the "normal" attention moo cows used to get like 1)Congrats! 2)A baby shower, and then after that no one cares.

They get on the baby train and ride that wreck for as LONG as possible rather than have an actual life. It is truly pathetic.
No...how about #4..."dh says he promises he really doesn't care"...

You stupid naive bitch. NEWS FLASH!!!: HE'S FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE!!! LMAO!!! These women really are the most self-consuming and BLIND human beings I've ever known...drinking coffee
These moos are SICK. The worst sig line ever, which includes a photo of her two FUGLY brats:

"Annie - BFing, co-sleeping, babywearing, pumping Mami to Lily and Noah

Attachment Parenting - Relactating"

Okay, what the FUCK is "relactating?" Without doing any more checking or Googling, I have a hunch it refers to moos who've recently whelped and are titfeeding the larva when they want/invite their older brats to return to the udder for a time. You know what, I'm afraid to Google it, so forget I asked!

EWWWWWWWWWW
August 22, 2008
"Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of thing with a dr. before?"

Hm, "this kind of thing"? Does she mean...say...expert medical advice from someone who sees hundreds of kids a year?

God. It makes me want to relactate.
August 22, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> God. It makes me want to relactate.

bouncing and laughing LOL! I think I am going to start saying that instead of vomit or regurgitate, as soon as I figure out exactly what it means.tongue sticking out smiley Whatever it means, I am sure it will be gross.
August 22, 2008
Relactation means the udders start producing juice after the supply has stopped or slowed down.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a nursing student two faces puking
August 22, 2008
str8six Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No...how about #4..."dh says he promises he really
> doesn't care"...
>
> You stupid naive bitch. NEWS FLASH!!!: HE'S
> FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE!!! LMAO!!! These women
> really are the most self-consuming and BLIND human
> beings I've ever known...drinking coffee

...ding....ding....ding
August 23, 2008
Gack! Sorry I read this one. These moos are some sick bitches! And only an idiot would think DH is saying h doesn't care because when DH says something like that you can be sure he's banging another chick (hint: One that is likely CF and if she isn't, she doesn't "co-sleep").
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login