Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet another day care crisis, whose problem??

Posted by Geanie 
http://www.twincities.com/ci_10248265?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

I hope this link works; I don't have much luck with links.

I am shocked, but I should be used to it. The whining that some other entity needs to step up to the plate and complaints of "poor customer service" because these parunts can't plan ahead are getting to be over the top. Go figure, no one else gets vacations either cause the whiners need day care. Arghhh...amazing what passes for front page newsworthiness these days.
Re: Yet another day care crisis, whose problem??
August 23, 2008
Just another thing for breeders to whine about. Guess what? Use some of your vacation time--these are YOUR kidsĀ¬! Why is everyone else responsible?!
August 23, 2008
Just like I had always thought; SCHOOL (public) is a glorified day care center PAID IN FULL, by the tax payers' dollars. If it snows on the little mountain where I live and the moos (the few who work) have to make alternative plans due to NO PUBLIC CHILDCARE being accessible,they make a HUGE stink about how the YMCA, daycares who are in business for profit, community centers, etc.... should "open up" and take their brats in for the day.

Tough luck Tootsie, they are YOUR problem, not mine, or any of the "villagers" problems either.
August 23, 2008
THey all love their kiddies sooooo much, they can't bear to look after them for one week. Build a daycare center and the moos will stampede the place before the paint's dry.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
In my part of the country, schools typically will close for just a light dusting of snow. Must be nice to be a teacher and get a paid day off courtesy of the taxpayers. Yet under such conditions most private businesses still remain open and expect their employees to report to work. That includes the malls, which brings up a conundrum: the kyds who got the day off because of snow still manage to make it to the malls to hang out that day. Who's fooling whom?

My opinion has long been that the public schools should take their cue from what the largest area employers do. If the big companies and factories are closing, opening X hours late, etc., then the schools should do the same. If adults have to slog to work anyway, the pweshus kyds should expect to go to school. On time. And shut up about it, rugrats.

By the way, in parts of the US where heavy snow is common, schools usually open and school buses run as usual after a few inches of snow and ice, just as employers do. Only if a massive amount falls at once do they consider closing.
k-man, sing it. I've ranted the same thing in the past. We get snow here, but surprisingly the schools very rarely close. But last winter was especially hard, and after a bad snowstorm the schools shut down for an entire week. Afterwards, there was much mooing and lowing as to whether the schools would have to make up the time. The district applied to the state for a waiver, which was granted, meaning they did not have to make up the time.

I was pissed. Not only did the brats manage to make it to the mauls during the snowstorm aftermath, they made it to the ski slopes JUST FINE. What message does that send the kids? It tells them school isn't important, and it just pansifies them further. In the real world, you don't get the day off to go snowboarding every time a few flakes fly. Plus, the teachers got an entire free week off with pay. Not so for other school staff.

I emailed the superintendent with my feelings. My last line was "Is education important or not? Only when it's convenient, apparently."

She actually responded with some ridiculous drivel about not having provisions for making up snow time in the various union contracts. WTF?? This is snow country. Make the provisions at contract time BEFORE the snow flies.

Public schools are one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money, if not THE biggest. Flame away!
Anonymous User
August 24, 2008
"Some parents are forced to use vacation time to care for their children.

"It's like you take a vacation, but you don't get a vacation," said Jill Lamothe, an Apple Valley mother of three..."

Are kidding me you selfish bitch??!! I don't give one flying FUCK that you're 'forced to use vacation time' - suck it up. After all, it IS The Most Important Job In The World...right?, so quit your crying! :bawl

They know ALL YEAR that this one lousy week is coming, and they can't make arrangements? Shut up and take your medicine.
August 24, 2008
"It is just ridiculous," said Amber Condon, a Cottage Grove mother of two. "I guess they don't realize how difficult it is to find other day care for that week."

"It's like you take a vacation, but you don't get a vacation," said Jill Lamothe, an Apple Valley mother of three.

"It's a travesty. Parents are just stuck at the whims of bureaucracy," said Kelley Hinze-Francis, a Minneapolis mother of four.

Hey, breeders, no one forced you to shit out kids! I see that one was not enough for all of you and you all had to keep breeding.

Entitlement-minded assholes like Amber, Jill and Kelley make me two faces puking!

There are some great comments after the article! smiling smiley

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2008
catmeow Wrote:

>
> There are some great comments after the article!
> smiling smiley

There are? Shit I can't find them...
August 24, 2008
str8six, this should do it: http://www.topix.net/forum/source/twincities-pioneer-press/T2632ILE6CO8NV21C

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2008
Holy shit! I'm in complete SHOCK at all the parents telling the whiners to suck it up...good for them! I needn't respond because all the REAL PNB's have said it all. Thank GOD there really are some reasonably-minded parents out there.

What an eye-opener - I really thought I'd be reading a bunch of "yea, how come the g'ment ain't payin' for that week"? shit. Very impressive.
August 24, 2008
Thankfully there are still quite a few people out there who take the concept of personal responsibility seriously.
August 24, 2008
"I think the YMCAs or the city parks programs should step up to the plate," Deml said.

Ridiculous. I think the people who chose to have children should step up to the plate and take responsibility for their choices. I also love the comment about "we have to take vacation time, but it's not a vacation." Ha! You mean you DON'T like spending time with your precious ones? Unbelievable! Isn't it TMIJITW?

Or, rather, unbelievably tedious?

Ya, thought so.
August 25, 2008
str8six Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> Are kidding me you selfish bitch??!! I don't give
> one flying FUCK that you're 'forced to use
> vacation time' - suck it up. After all, it IS The
> Most Important Job In The World...right?, so quit
> your crying! :bawl
>
>So much THIS.
August 25, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "I think the YMCAs or the city parks programs
> should step up to the plate," Deml said.
Ummm...one only has to give the YMCA a monthly pittance, and they can access the facilities YEAR ROUND. Duh.

> comment about "we have to take vacation time, but
> it's not a vacation." Ha! You mean you DON'T like
> spending time with your precious ones?
Cripes. Lots of people don't even get fucking vacation time, least of all a vacation. You can't encourage everyone to breed, like you, and then complain about it. YOU had the kids, YOU deal with them.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login