Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Changing one's mind"

Posted by india_darshan 
"Changing one's mind"
March 23, 2006
Hello, everyone! I am new here. I am glad to find Bratfree. I have my own CF site but sometimes just need a space where I can be anonymous since I use my 'real' name on my space. Since Turtle deep-sixed his site -- The Rant Page -- there has not been many places like it.

I have a rant.

One of my stepbrothers and his wife are expecting a baby. This stepbrother changed once he married the woman with the pedigree from the 'right family'. Gone are his former hobbies and life. He is a very different person who wants male children with masculine names.

Stepbrother #2 always disliked kids, even more than me, which is really saying a lot. Now, his wife - a woman with a great career - is whining for a baby...probably 'cause she is jealous over the attention that her husband's brother's wife is receiving. My mother says this stepbrother is now "relenting" but will love that bay-bee when it is born...that is if my SIL gets pregnant.

Sadly to say, people change their minds all of the time regarding the issue to remain childfree-by-choice. They will allow their spouses, family, friends, and societal pressure sway them. All I can say is that I am damned glad that I never allowed past mates to coerce me to change my mind when it came to my decision to live a childfree life. I have had my tubes tied.

I think it is hard to remain vigilent when it comes to the CF life since wanting acceptance is more of an addiction than crack. Those of us who do make it through should be very grateful that we had a backbone to not be pressured or swayed...
CFADinNYC
Re: "Changing one's mind"
March 23, 2006
Welcome, India. I am relatively new here myself. I am also glad to be bratfree!

Never, ever has anyone tried to sway me into procreating and caring for it. I have always been very vocal and determined in my CF status. I have never felt any family pressure to procreate as well even though my step-family has all bred enough shitlings to replace themselves over a few times.

Welcome!!!
March 24, 2006
Thank-you, CFADinNYC!

My mother has always been more than supportive of my being childfree and applauded my tubal. She also has had no real love for people's kids. I first heard the term "breeder" from her before I found the CF movement. This is why her sudden support for the stepbrother relenting to his whining wife *is* odd.

I got some good advice from a friend. My stepfather passed away three years ago so she may - in mourning - see my stepbrothers' foolish breeding as a way of Dad's memory living on. Or, my mom may be acting a little more gracious to the men she views as more than just "stepkids" than usual out of respect.

I still thank the deities that I had the strength to remain childfree even though my former religion's members tried to inflict guilt on me in my mid-20's when it became very clear to them that I was not going to have a swollen belly after I married my then-husband or men who wanted to make me their breeder to pacify their pitiful egos.

I'm almost 42 and proud to say I have NOT changed my mind!!!
Water Lily
March 25, 2006
That's good. I enjoy my 'forever empty uterus' too.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.