Re: 1121 - kid verses money...
March 26, 2006
Water Lily Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The mothers' of the breeders' also think their
> 'little darlins' are going to make 'good mothers'
> even if the stupid moo has little to do with their
> babyee. Like the stupid moo really cares about
> their shitling as long as there is day care.

I agree! My niece had a kid when she was 17, and she has been trying to push her kid off on my sister and anyone else who will watch her since she had this kid. My niece moved to Illinois last year, and she did take her daughter with her; however, my niece would mostly take her kid over to my mother to watch her. My niece and her kid visited my sister a few weeks ago and asked my sister if she could leave her kid here for my sister to look after, and my sister agreed to do so. My niece is going to school in Illinois, but that is no excuse for her to leave her kid with my mother all the time or my sister here in Minnesota! Now, my sister is not only caring for my niece's daughter; my sister is also having to care for her own 10½-month-old son, her other daughter, who is 11 years old, and one of my cousin's kids from Monday through Thursday. I visited my sister last Thursday, and she is a mess. The house is a wreck, she is on welfare, therefore, she has no money because she's not getting enough from welfare anyway, and my cousin is only paying her $120 every 2 weeks to watch his kid. She wants to go back to work and is willing toput her toddler in daycare, but she has to drive back to Illinois to drop off her 22-year-old daughter's kid first! GAH!

It seems that a lot of these young girls having kids either kill or abandon the baby as soon as its born or push the baby or babies off onto their grandparents or other family members. As you wrote, they couldn't care LESS about actually caring for and raising that child. So sad, and folks are raking this woman over the coals for laying out on the line how much it REALLY costs to raise a child? Those stupid ass cows need to GTFOOHWTBS!
VLM
March 26, 2006
GreenGrass Wrote:
> India - Amen!! I think homeowning is overrated.
> Think of all the taxes you throw away and yes,
> having to pay for stuff every time something
> breaks. My husband and I were going to purchase a
> townhome, but the taxes were almost what we pay in
> rent now! I also find the thought of a mortgage
> almost as oppressive as the thought of having
> children - a long-term commitment with a
> questionable outcome in the end.

I am in the exact same frame of mind that of thinking that owning a home and property in general is way overrated. I posted a thread on another message board forum about not ever wanting to own a home, and most of the respondents flipped out on me. One even wrote, "Surely, you're not SERIOUS about NEVER wanting to own a home?" Um, actually, I AM. Hubby and I are never having brats, and it'll be just he and I and our 2 cats. We are caretakers of a modest one-bedroom bungalow with a basement and some extra room down there. Why would we want to buy a house? The owners have to pay for all the BIG repairs, even though they are slow about some things.

It seems that if you're not going with the flow of "keeping up with the Joneses" these days, people just don't respect your choices at all.
March 26, 2006
i will rent, but i want to own my own property one day, so it will be ours. but i can see the point, hell will have to rent a house here when faust and me get married, £400-£500 a month.

maybe that will be the best solution, i dont know will have to discuss it when she is here.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2006
For me personally it is important to own my own home.It is the great aussie dream mentality I suppose.I just like the idea of being able to do what I want.If I want to rip a wall down I can, if I want to change the color scheme I can.Its just nice to live somewhere where you know will be totally yours one day....its kinda like an investment really as hubby and I plan to sell it in our declining years to pay for care and to travel e.c.t..

Having said all I have though I dont think having a home is nessassary.I can see where some you are comming from with renting.There are alot of advantages to that aswell.
Water Lily
March 27, 2006
I don't think a baby, much less a kid, is worth the 'wasting of money' because, I love to save money. Ever interesting to note how breeders always whine and act childish? Also, how they like to party hard even when they have children? and they think the childfree don't want the 'party to stop?' huh? I don't 'party.'
Anonymous User
March 27, 2006
I think you're all being a little too harsh. Money isn't the most important thing when raising a child -- LOVE is! According to breeders:

When your electricity gets turned off in the dead of winter, you can wrap your children in a blanket of love.

When you don't have money to buy food after paying the rent, just fix your kids a big bowl of love.

When you're off working 60-hour weeks just to [barely] make ends meet, love will babysit your kids until you get home.

Love is all you need! The lower your income, the more children you should have -- because then you'll have more love to go around.
March 28, 2006
When the money is not coming through the door, love goes out the window...
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 28, 2006
Oh gee, or maybe GAWD will provide. I always loved that one!!!
March 28, 2006
In my day, parents made it clear to their daughters that they were not going to come home with a baby. Nowadays, parents -- especially older single mothers -- feel obligated to take in a daughter and her offspring. The grandmother is stuck looking after the kid while the girl runs the streets all night. I knew a middle-aged couple whose daughter came home with her baby. Anytime the young woman's parents started to demand that she do for herself and her child, the single mother would scream how she was going to take Taylor and LEAVE!!! It is too bad that my former friends allowed themselves to be held hostage by their daughter and grandson.
VLM
March 28, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> In my day, parents made it clear to their
> daughters that they were not going to come home
> with a baby. Nowadays, parents -- especially older
> single mothers -- feel obligated to take in a
> daughter and her offspring. The grandmother is
> stuck looking after the kid while the girl runs
> the streets all night. I knew a middle-aged couple
> whose daughter came home with her baby. Anytime
> the young woman's parents started to demand that
> she do for herself and her child, the single
> mother would scream how she was going to take
> Taylor and LEAVE!!! It is too bad that my former
> friends allowed themselves to be held hostage by
> their daughter and grandson.

PUH! If it were me, I would have helped her pack her bags and pushed her and baby out the door. It's called emotional blackmail, and any kids or parents who use it as leverage against each other are SICK.
CF Scorpio
March 28, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
Anytime
> the young woman's parents started to demand that
> she do for herself and her child, the single
> mother would scream how she was going to take
> Taylor and LEAVE!!!

And that was a threat? Sounds like the perfect solution to me! The parents should have said, "Oh yes, please do!"
March 29, 2006
Yeah...Young Moo leaving with Taylor sounds like the perfect solution. However, my friends - the parents - allowed themselves to be guilted by concerns over what would happen to that child. My solution would be to call protective services. If the mother would not care for the kid, let the state deal with him. I know it is cruel to think this way; however, many grandparents have had their older years completely messed up over feeling FORCED to take on those nasty grandchildren.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.