Advanced

:wtf Help a Working Famblee at Christmas

Posted by shy lurker 
Re: :wtf Help a Working Famblee at Christmas
December 21, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
jmc

THANK YOU!!!!!

We grew up poor (if it wasn't for the fact that my grandparents had an extra trailer we would've been homeless at one point). Actually my brother & I were talking yesterday about the time that our mom told us that she couldn't have a new dinning room table (we didn't even have a dinning room) because she "had to feed you rotten kids". Jesus! What a thing to say to a middle schooler.

I mostly don't think breeders give a shot about their offspring......

No, seriously and sincerely... THANK YOU for breaking the cycle of poverty. You deserve credit for doing so.

And I'm sure there were several times along the way where you literally looked in the mirror and said to yourself, "This sucks and I totally want a different life for myself when I am an adult." I was never homeless, but I know that I had same frame of mind.

As a sidebar note, I'm not surprised that your mom wanted a new dining room set with no dining room. Typically, poor people spend what little money they have on items that make absolutely no sense, such as the latest and greatest consumer electronics, designer clothes or sneakers, and when possible, cars which they cannot afford.

There were three of us 2 girls and 1 boy. We all knew that the only way we're going to get out of poverty was to make sure we got through the state university with degrees that gave us specific job skills AND not get pregnant. I spent money that I could've spent on food on birth Control because we watched the people in our lives repeat the cycle of early pregnancy, barely getting out of high school etc, etc,.....
We are all in our thirties now and none of us has kids. I'm the only one who is "offically" child free but neither my brother or sister can think of any actual reason to have a child. The three of us have actually talked about how we each came to the same conclusion that we didn't want to live the life that our parents wallow in.

Of course they tell their friends how selfish, stuck up, and snobbish we all are.angry smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
December 21, 2014
Oh Studio 54, I forgot about the MRS degrees that came along in the 50s for women to get a guy who was an engineer and breed with him and I learned on here MRS degrees are around today, so I'm sure the universities like that. JMC, I don't think anything to do with nuclear power is considered an MRS degree.

Studio 54, you are right about the mentoring. Fortunately, I have 5 nieces and none of them show any interest in having kids and the oldest is well into her 20s. I have even gone so far as to ask if "they are on a method" and the best answer I can get is that "it is taken care of".

I should have asked like Dr. Ruth: "Awre, ywou uswing a contwaceptive?"
December 22, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
Why not you? Why not me? We can't save the world, but we can save a few. Maybe you've got a younger niece, nephew, or cousin who needs some direction. They need to see you living a content and self-directed life without children, and you can express to them that the reason why you are able to do this is because you don't have children.

Well, count me out of that one. I have no desire to spend time with kids at all. One of the blessings of being CF is that I don't have to.
December 22, 2014
Religion is essentially used nowadays to wash one's hands from responsibility and forethought while finding fault in others and using that fault to catapult oneself upwards. Naturally, that was not the intended use of religion. Religion was there to make meaning in life where individuals believed there was none. All religions, even atheistic satanism has some measure or a need for direction. The problem is that (in the bible specifically) there has been a change, when wisdom and forethought were replaced by idiocy and defeat, these things occurred in the minds of the people who have been following such a law, and what is left? An angry, confused animal who has no recourse but to feed on others while not knowing how to simply help themselves. And I mean this as an allusion to Christianity and Christians specifically.

Wisdom has been lost to all but a handful. These other religions and even a sprinkling of Christians are left to pick up the pieces. We are more concerned about ourselves. So much so that we often forget to show others the light of this wisdom, such as teaching children to prevent pregnancy before one is stable, healthy, and wise in themselves. The point of my alluding to Christianity is to demonstrate that religion is the cause of this phenomenon. Wisdom is all to often labeled a "taboo" while being ignorant and trusting is a virtue. I have watched this move, like a spectre, through the minds of Christians, replacing thoughts and wisdom with fear and loss. I don't know what causes it, but all I know is that the religion of the masses, and the religion of the bible are two different things. And this is why contraceptives are from the "devil". LOL!

(I apologize for being christo-centric. That's the only religion I have the authority to speak on. But that may be changing in the future because I joined the TST and am boning up on other ways of living. I need to get away from Christians.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
December 23, 2014
I call bullshit based on this chart. http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility

I used the 30 percent of net income (after taxes, etc) of 900 and came out with a much larger number. In order to only qualify for 201 in food stamps a family of 5 needs 1900 a month net.

Someone is spending 1200 a month on shit they don't need to only have 900 counting the food stamps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Anonymous User
December 23, 2014
navi8orgirl
I call bullshit based on this chart. http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility

I used the 30 percent of net income (after taxes, etc) of 900 and came out with a much larger number. In order to only qualify for 201 in food stamps a family of 5 needs 1900 a month net.

Someone is spending 1200 a month on shit they don't need to only have 900 counting the food stamps.

I don't think the all the information is there to get an accurate picture of what is going on. As usual, there is poor grammar, vagueness and other issues in the fakebook? plea for help.

But if there really are two parents working 40 hours a week at $8.00 an hour, then they have a monthly gross of $2560. Food stamps are counted against the gross, right? The chart linked in the quote above says a household of 5 can make $3024 on the gross and get some stamps. I have no idea what the fakebooker op is talking about when she throws out $900, except that maybe that is the amount they would give a household of 5 if they had zero income. $200 is likely the amount they get after their income is counted against them. Is she suggesting that they could be sitting on their asses and then be entitled to another $700 in stamps? Is that supposed to be some sort of weird selling point to give them a handout?

They admit they get stamps. They'd be entitled to WIC, why not get it? It'd be some beans and rice and dairy they could make meals out of...oh, perhaps they object to the required vaccinations. Perhaps beans and rice doesn't suit their refined palates.

I bet you anything they live in a house that is more than they need, have hefty car payments instead of driving something used and affordable, run at least four televisions at all hours, and eat fast food at every lunch, and the kids are probably on free/reduced at school. I think they get plenty of money, they're simply making bad choices with it. $640 should be their rent/mortgage based on the old rule of 1/4 of your income, so where is the other $2000 going? Even if you put a thousand on bills (that's a lot of cell phone plans, cable tv, etc.) and $500 more on groceries (plus $200 food stamps), there would still be $500 left over.
December 23, 2014
I'm guessing these people are a.) choosing not to live within their means (OK, we already know they're not because they had a THIRD loaf), b.) not actually both working full-time, c.) giving the Fakebooker some bullshit numbers to get more sympathy and thus more $$, or a combination of these. shrug
December 23, 2014
mr. neptune
Oh Studio 54, I forgot about the MRS degrees that came along in the 50s for women to get a guy who was an engineer and breed with him and I learned on here MRS degrees are around today, so I'm sure the universities like that. JMC, I don't think anything to do with nuclear power is considered an MRS degree.

Studio 54, you are right about the mentoring. Fortunately, I have 5 nieces and none of them show any interest in having kids and the oldest is well into her 20s. I have even gone so far as to ask if "they are on a method" and the best answer I can get is that "it is taken care of".

I should have asked like Dr. Ruth: "Awre, ywou uswing a contwaceptive?"

Don't the Mrs. degree seekers realize that a more difficult form of female competitor has arisen in the past 30 years¦ the female engineer. They date the male engineering students but are not usually out to find a wallet as soon as possible. Most of the time female engineers will date one or two guys during college but decide not to commit to them when they get a job in California where they can have wild sex with the local hot surfer dude population thereby preventing the insidious plots of Mrs. seekers because they have prevented acess to thier main male prey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login