Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"But why can't other people pay to watch my kid?"

Posted by jmc 
"But why can't other people pay to watch my kid?"
January 25, 2015
Give me more of other people's tax dollars cut we're not sure we can afford another kid

Oh, boo hoo. I didn't watch the SOTu address did Obama really say he wanted the child credit back to 3k? I'm so tired of not being treated the same as others by the law. We are supposed to have EQUAL protection under the law no matter what our lifestyle choices. Our tax system is ACTIVELY discriminating against the CF. Why should I have to help pay for some bougie couples daycare?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
Re: "But why can't other people pay to watch my kid?"
January 25, 2015
“We can’t afford to have a second kid right now,” Mr. Vargo said.

Soooo... You know what? I can't afford to: go on a cruise, buy a Tesla, buy a fiat, buy a spa, go on a fantastic trip, drink record amounts of booze, skip doctors appointments, etc. And you know what?

I DONT FUCKING DO IT

IF YOU CANT FUCKING AFFORD SOMETHING, DONT FUCKING DO IT. PERIOD. It is *not* that hard to live within your means! :headbrick
January 25, 2015
The question is - why isn't Biz paying a fair wage? If they want more consumers - let them pay more. In wages and taxes.

Why do *tax credits* have to go to Breeders which other people will subsidize?

Let those who want more people - pay for them.
January 25, 2015
If society is going to stubbornly hold this idea that it's their right to have children they can't afford and I, along with other taxpayers, are just going to have to pay for it, then you know what? It's my right to have a nice house by now, even though I can't afford any part of home buying and owning, and Mr. Vargo and all the other breeders can give up their breeder tax credits to pay for it. It's only fair.

I make $11/hour and I'm ~$70K in medical, student, and consumer debt. I live in an prohibitively expensive area, so I have to live at home. Why in the fuck should I be financially responsible for other people's children? Don't give me that "The children shouldn't suffer!!!" crap. I don't want the children to suffer, but I'm not the one who brought them into this world. If people want to donate money for this sort of stuff, then by all means. But it should be strictly voluntary, not jacked from people's paychecks. Not when breeding is a personal choice and should be done after careful thought and planning (which includes extensive financial planning).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Most of the comments on that post aren't in favor of those breeders either. Sometimes I wonder what happened to the good ol' living within one's means!
:headbrick
January 27, 2015
I'm still just astounded at how much thought people DON'T put in before breeding. Child care costs ought to be one of those factors that make or break the decisions on if you can afford it, instead of just jumping in and then complaining when you're dropping $1500/month for one kid to be watched for eight hours a day for 4 years until they're old enough to start preschool. That right there is more than what my bachelor's degree cost.

Why don't people sit down, look at their current financial state (by that, I mean with spreadsheets and W-2s and sitting with an accountant) and create a budget with the kid-related finances added in. If that puts you in dire straits, YOU CANNOT AFFORD A FUCKING CHILD. DO NOT HAVE ONE; YOU DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A CHILD YOU CANNOT AFFORD. It is not the responsibility of anybody else to ease the burden of your personal choices when you made said choices without fully thinking them through and now you're up shit creek.

And there's always at least one person in the comments who goes, "Well, what about the single mom who only makes $40K/year and unplanned baby and boo hoo hoo!" Well, what the fuck about them? First of all, that single mom in your hypothetical situation is making double what I make (more than if we consider after taxes). Second of all, whose fucking fault is that? Not mine, so why am I being put on the hook for it? Where's the kid's father? Go after him for child care money. If he's not working because he "can't find a job," then why the fuck are you paying for child care when he can watch the kid all day? Thirdly, if she's only making $40K a year, she had no business getting knocked up in the first place. Planned Parenthoods provide cheap birth control and condoms are far less expensive than a baby. Or aborted/adopted the child out (preferably aborted because if you don't have the insurance to get birth control, you don't have the insurance for prenatal care and childbirth).

The Hypothetical Impoverished Single Mom (a character archetype that is trotted out in these types of situations to elicit immediate empathy without questioning her choices that led to her current predicament) didn't end up that way by accident or through circumstances outside of her control. But we're to immediately feel sorry for her and want all the social programs to throw money at her so she never has to fully endure the consequences of her having children without thought and just figuring that other people will bail her out because it's all for the child.

Where's the empathy and free money for the Sad-Sack Almost 30-Something who makes less than $22K/year and is about triple that in medical, student, and consumer debt due to circumstances that wasn't being a fucktard and having a baby when she clearly had no business doing so? Oh, but she doesn't have a baby, so because she actually used her brain, she can fuck off, right?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 27, 2015
paragon schnitzophonic
Why don't people sit down, look at their current financial state (by that, I mean with spreadsheets and W-2s and sitting with an accountant) and create a budget with the kid-related finances added in. If that puts you in dire straits, YOU CANNOT AFFORD A FUCKING CHILD. DO NOT HAVE ONE; YOU DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A RIGHT TO HAVE A CHILD YOU CANNOT AFFORD. It is not the responsibility of anybody else to ease the burden of your personal choices when you made said choices without fully thinking them through and now you're up shit creek.

We're talking about people who cannot use a condom properly. I think financial planning is a little beyond most of them. I'm constantly amazed at just how stupid 'average' seems to be; can't we just treat people like feral cats and sterilize for our own good?
January 27, 2015
I really like the feral cat option^^^. Let's notch their ear too, well until it becomes a fad breeders take up to oops men... maybe not such a bright idea...

Unable to use condoms properly, yup! I am a condom failure, my breeders thought they were reusable. My dad would apparently take it off in the bathtub and leave it on the corner of the tub for my moo to clean up. Thing is she decided It was fine to let me use it as a bath toy. The older I get, the more and more WTF I have over these memories.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login