Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Common questions that first time expectant fathers ask

Posted by kidlesskim 
Common questions that first time expectant fathers ask
August 29, 2008
Courtesy of paternityangel and disneyfamily sites.

Am I The Real Father? confused smiley

Most men, even if only for a fleeting moment, will ask themselves this question. This fear is based on a sub-conscious belief that they are too inadequate to have created something so incredible as a child of their own. Don’t dwell on this one, move on…shrug

Will I Do A Good Job At The Birth?eye rolling smiley

Like it or not, men are generally pretty squeamish. A fear that many have before the birth is that they will not be able to handle all of the blood and bodily fluids that will be around. They fear that they may faint or throw-up. In reality this almost never happens. True! You may not like the blood, but you will probably be too concerned with your partner and child to let it have much of an effect on you.
Of course, until you actually see your partner with her feet in the stirrups, then you will never really know how you feel about it all.two faces puking

But I Don’t Even Like Children, So How Can I Cope With This? shrug

This is not a stupid question. What many first time fathers know about children is restricted to the lives of young boys, and that’s only because they were one themselves. Many men fear the unknown elements of new children, especially if it is going to be a young girl (for which there is minimal experience).
The best way to look at this is probably to remember that for the first child, both you and your partner are learning how this all works, so do as much as possible together or share the load and laugh about it over dinner whilst you swap hints and tips. You may not like children in general, but you will certainly love yours.spanking with a whip on the ass

What if my wife loves the baby more than she loves me?sad smiley
"She will, but in a totally different way," Dr. Panaccione says. "You will find that you experience a different kind of love than you ever thought possible. There's room for both, but don't try to compete. You won't win this one."confused smiley

But we agreed that our relationship would always come first, and we would never let the kids come between us. How can we do this?shrug

"It's a nice fantasy, but there is simply no practicality to this," Dr. Panaccione says. "Your baby is literally between you as she nurses at your wife's breast. Then, she continues to be the center of your universe as you meet her every basic need.... Mr. T: I pitty tha foold

What about our sex life? My wife's too tired to give me any attention.69 sex

Dr. Panaccione says. "Tired is the operative word here." confused smiley (that's all they said)

I have to get up and go to work in the morning. When do I sleep?drinking coffee

"This is something to negotiate with your wife," Dr. Panaccione says..... " You may agree to sleep in another room during the work week in order to be rested enough and then take feeding duty all weekend.
"Be sensitive that you are both sleep-deprived," she says. "'It's more important that I get some sleep because I have to go to work' just won't fly." angry flipping off

And finally, from the "It's Too Late Now, but I'm Going to Ask Anyway" file:

'What if I'm not ready to be a dad? I'm not sure I'm ready to take on so much responsibility.confused smiley

"It's hard to get ready for something you have no clue about until you are in the midst of doing it," Dr. Panaccione says. "Once you begin, you will be in training for the rest of your life.

"Being the alpha-male, a new dad thinks of the responsibilities of providing for his family, and making a commitment to someone forever and ever," Dr. Panaccione says. "It's different from marriage vows because your wife already knew how to feed herself and change her own diapers. Bringing a new life into the world is the scariest and the best thing you'll ever do."

Having a baby is like no other experience on earth..........."
Re: Common questions that first time expectant fathers ask
August 29, 2008
Aside from maybe prison, or having your fingers chewed off by angry hedgehogs.
Re: Common questions that first time expectant fathers ask
August 29, 2008
"Am I the real father? Will I Do A Good Job At The Birth? But I Don’t Even Like Children, So How Can I Cope With This? What if my wife loves the baby more than she loves me? But we agreed that our relationship would always come first, and we would never let the kids come between us. How can we do this? What about our sex life? My wife's too tired to give me any attention. What if I'm not ready to be a dad? I'm not sure I'm ready to take on so much responsibility."

Every single one of these questions is just another way of asking for permission to pack up and run away, far and fast.

When will someone please tell these chaps to wake up and realise that when they've made their wives into moomies and they all say "I'm too tired for sex", what they REALLY mean is "I'm too tired of YOU for sex."

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login