Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo worried about leaving 10.5 month old enough milk in her absence, etc

Posted by kidlesskim 
Moo worried about leaving 10.5 month old enough milk in her absence, etc
August 29, 2008
".....I have a 10.5 month DD who just started three small meals a day and nurses 4-5 times a day (more if she's stressed or cranky!) My dilemma is that DH and I will be leaving for a wedding when DD is 12.5 months old. It is the first time I'll be away from her. We thought about bringing the kids, but then we'd have to bring the in-laws for babysitting, and it's a long trip, so... we are flying out on Friday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. and will arrive home on Sunday at 11:00 a.m. Can I bring a pump as a carry-on? I don't think I want to check it-- just in case! How many oz. EBM should I leave? How do I get started pumping for the freezer stash when I am giving her all the milk I have now? As you can see, I don't do this much--thanks for all of your help!!"

eye rolling smiley This trip is TWO months away, MIGHT the 12.5 month old be WEANED by then like a NORMAL child? Why is she pretending to all of her fellow moomies that she doesn't want the kids and the inlaws tagging along for the REAL reason, instead of making one up? Also, WHY can't she just PACK the damned breast pump in a suitcase with her ganny panties instead of checking it OR bringing it as a carry on? Does she plan to PUMP on the plane sans baby? SURELY NOT. I have never known any mother stressing over what their kids were going to eat when they were planning a trip two months away. This is ridiculous and ALL for the attention she gets from her fellow moomies. She's such a GOOD moomie because she so worried.:bawl

Two more things I just noticed. I thought they breast fed because it was the most nourishing, so what does the kid suckling more frequently when she is "stressed or cranky" have to do with anything?confused smiley ...and if the kid is already EATING 3 meals a day, why does she need to continue sucking on her titties ANYWAY?
I have the world's worst luck with airplane seat mates. I'm picturing myself beside of her while she's tit pumping. ICK!
Simple.

Cows belong on dairy farms.eye rolling smiley
Breastfeeding after 6 months is disgusting. More than it is before the kid is 6 months old.
Re: Moo worried about leaving 10.5 month old enough milk in her absence, etc
August 29, 2008
She's been breastfeeding for over 10 months now, and she can't figure out how much the kid eats? Someone this unobservant and obtuse should not have a child.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I find it amusing she says "12.5 month old" when a NORMAL person would just say "A one year old". What IS "12.5" anyway? I would guess it's 1 year and two weeks old if use use the other age of "10.5" as a point of reference. It's bad enough they say 31 month old, and 42 month old, but THIS one breaks it up into even smaller increments. I have seen some of their signature lines that read, "Mommy to Davan, 39 months old, Kariah, 30 months old, Jacinda, 21 months old, Steephan, 13 months old, and awaiting the birth of baby Arial in 12 weeks....Proudly breastfeeding for 39 months, 1 week, 2 days, 4 hours and counting..........

When I first saw that kind of thing I thought they meant they had fed the first one for a while and weaned, then the second for a while, and weaned, and so on.....THEY MEAN ALL kids inclusively and exclusively are being breastfed since the birth.
All BFing is gross in my book. All these moos sound like the cows that they are. Off to a dairy farm with 'em!
This reminds me of something I saw in the airport several weeks ago. I went into the ladies room before my flight and standing there at the sink was a woman with her shirt unbuttoned, looking down at her breasts. This was odd, so I glanced in her direction (so sorry I did!) and saw that she was strapped into a breast pump!

OMG! Have you ever seen this in action? two faces puking

Her boobs were covered with a white bandeau type bra-looking thing, but there were two CLEAR tubes attached to her nipples, milking away. I grew up in Wisconsin, so I have been to dairy farms, and this reminded me of the same thing they hook up to the cows' udders! GROSS!

I thought to myself, "I NEVER want that to be me!" I quickly soaped up and got the hell out of there. It was awful.

I wish she would have been a little more discrete about it. Did she have to stand in front of the sinks that other women are trying to use? Of course, there is a wall of MIRRORS in front of her, too, reflecting and refracting her bovinity for all to see!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login