Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders Trample Sprogs at Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Breeders Trample Sprogs at Easter Egg Hunt
April 05, 2015

Chaos erupted at an Easter egg hunt in Sacramento when adults launched in trying to grab sweets for their children.

The event was an attempt at breaking the record for the world's biggest, with 500,000 eggs laid out for thousands of youngsters.

But it descended into mayhem as parents raced into the field armed with baskets of their own.

'There was no organization at all, they all trampled each other. Little two- and three-year-olds were crying.

'The parents were scooping up all of the eggs for their older kids and it was horrible,' mother Tessa Moon told CBS.

Another mother, Kori Houser, told Sacramento Bee her toddler Chase only got three eggs: 'It was crazy. Adults were trampling over us.'

Footage of the hunt, which did not break the world record because they missed the deadline to apply, shows children as young as two being squashed by teenagers and adults weave between them picking up candy.

According to Sacramento Bee, toddlers were seen crying and parents were being pushed around in the calamity.

Eventually, the paper reported, a screaming match broke out between parents.

Link

Remember PMYABP!
Re: Breeders Trample Sprogs at Easter Egg Hunt
April 05, 2015
This is exactly why I used to hate Easter Egg hunts as a child; in the event I found something, another kid would take notice, shove me to one side, and take it for themselves. smile rolling left righteyes2

Also, I have to say, what the fuck kind of a 'hunt' WAS this? I've never seen an Easter Egg 'hunt' where a jillion plastic eggs were just dumped onto a street with no attempt to conceal them whatsoever. How could anyone think that a 'contest' where the object is to grab as many eggs as you can and then grab some more would go over just fine? That's not a 'hunt', that's just a candy/egg/gift grab.

Finally: What the fuck kind of idiot would see the setup, and allow their extremely small and vulnerable child to toddle into the fray ANYHOW??

So much stupidity here, just so much blatant stupidity.

:kill
April 05, 2015
Once again, breeders only care about their own brats.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 05, 2015
peace-n-quiet

Your doggie avatar is so cute!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
April 05, 2015
WOW! That's a Chuck E. Cheese style Throw Down!

Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting ~
April 05, 2015
The same thing happened around here last year:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/easter-egg-hunt-in-laval-goes-horribly-wrong-1.2617478

Some children got pushed over as others ran forth to scoop up plastic eggs containing treats.

Other youngsters came away with nothing — especially after some parents snatched eggs out of other children’s baskets to give them to their own kids.

PMYABP indeed.
Anonymous User
April 05, 2015
Reason #4,653 I'm glad I don't have kids.

Although I roll my eyes at how frequently the term "Mama Bear" gets tossed about, there is an actual line. Run over me or mine for a fucking plastic egg, or snatch stuff out of my basket/hands, and there will be blood.

You do NOT want a redhead with PTSD and a creative streak getting pushed over the edge in crowded conditions.
April 05, 2015
Easter is a very wasteful helliday.
April 06, 2015
But being a parunt makes you a better person...

Maybe I'm being too literal, but that was hardly a '"hunt"
April 06, 2015
Breeders and kids = greedy inconsiderate assholes.

The organizers could establish guidelines to deal with this.
For example:
- only kids 2-10 years old,
- no adults to touch eggs or baskets ( or stay out from 'hunting ground')
- maximum 10 eggs per child

After a shit show like this one, as an organizer I would cancel for next year and publicly give blunt reasons why it was not happening ever again.
April 06, 2015
shy lurker
Easter is a very wasteful helliday.

Looks like Squalmart is trying to push it as another gift giving helliday.
April 06, 2015
Sure Walmart (and others I'm sure) is taking advantage of the holiday, but I still put most of the blame on parents.

When I was a kid, we got a basket with candy. Over the last decade or so, if you've noticed Easter baskets in stores, you will have seen that they started having theme baskets (disney, etc), and toys started to be included. There is obviously a market for that, otherwise they wouldn't be made and wouldn't be selling. Once you start including toys, then people (kids and parents) start upping the ante. It's not surprising these days that stores sell clothes and toys for Easter, because the parents buy them, for some reason.

It's like Christmas and that commercialization. Yes, stores thrive on it, but when I was kid not so long ago, we mostly got practical things like clothing or a new bedspread or something, with a couple of toys thrown in. These days, parents dump hundreds of dollars on their kids for Christmas -- for movies, ipods, makeup, and other non-practical items; wants not needs.

Now, I will say, to each their own for what they choose to purchase for Christmas; it's not my business. But, instead of celebrating the holiday, or simply enjoying a focus on family and togetherness, Christmas has turned into a children's gift grab. The same thing is happening for Easter. Yeah, it's a bit different because "Santa" is supposed to bring gifts, whereas the "Easter Bunny" is supposed to bring candy, but, it's parents who are blurring the line.

So, if I'm a retailer like Walmart or Sears or whoever, I am going to jump at the chance to advertise to the commercialized parents who think that Sprogley should be spoiled every chance they get.

Personally, my grandma did indulge a bit for non-traditional gift-giving holidays. For example, the 3 of us kids would get chocolate and a $20 for Valentines Day. Needless to say, kids should not be getting famblee gifts (even just 20 bucks) for V.D. But, she did it anyways. For Easter, again, we would get a small basket, or when we became adults, a card and 20 bucks. Totally unnecessary, but, what young adult is going to turn down a bit of cash? Also, my grandma, aunt and mom would buy each other Easter flowers; just a nice little something. So, while we did buck tradition a little bit, it was not over the top.

Parents today just want to indulge every little 'event', so I can't really blame retailers for taking advantage of that. We now, unfortunatley, live in a society where a moo is entitled to a gift for squirting out a loaf, or where Sprogley gets a present for learning to use the shitter. It's mostly parent-fueled in my opinion. And frankly, if they get 'persuaded' into buying a bike or big gifts for a non-gift-giving holiday, that's their own damn fault for being so gullible and easily led.
April 06, 2015
In my town there is a big Easter egg Hunt every year, but due to trashy parents, they hadto lay down strict rules. I know that they have three different areas for the hunt (it is held in alarge park) one area is for toddlers, one for slightly older kids, and the third for the oldest kids. That way the toddlers don't get stomped and trampled. And yeah, what's the deal with "Easter presents"? Easter should consist of a basket with CANDY ONLY. My parents were huge sugar-lovers, and our Easter baskets were so loaded down with chocolate and jelly beans that we couldn't even lift them! Fond memories!
April 06, 2015
M4P
peace-n-quiet

Your doggie avatar is so cute!

lol. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
April 06, 2015
I don't recall a time in recent years when Easter egg hunts have been ruined by breeders - and made the news.

I just considering it a great reminder that breeding does NOT automatically make one act more hahaha MATURE because it just doesn't.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2015
Welp, this is the reason why I don't go to Easter hunts anymore nor I celebrate Easter. I remember when I was still at elementary age, I was always being trampled by other kids, punching, and one even took my favorite pair bunny ears and ran away with them. :bawl
Rather, I only celebrate what matters to me the most: The great and mighty goddess Ishtar......because, reasons[url=http:/]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/9a/61/8b9a61db5dd20449587deae572eabea9.jpg[/url]

And indulging myself with last minute chocolate and Peeps.
April 12, 2015
Breeders never cease to amaze me with their neverending capacity to be total assholes.

But don't forget, the CF are the selfish kid hating ones!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login