Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Just Yelled at a Bunch of Kyds/I need to rant!!

Posted by bratBgone 
Re: I Just Yelled at a Bunch of Kyds/I need to rant!!
February 05, 2009
Nettle is some MEAN stuff, too true. It's also, strangely, edible and said to be very tasty; the stinging bristles melt away when you make it into soup. And just look at that color!

"Nettle has a very distinct taste, which I can only describe as a loose cross between cactus, grass (in a good way), and fresh basil."
February 05, 2009
Yea, but Bougainvillea has some pretty flowers that hide some pretty damn nasty, hard and sharp thorns. I've fallen into one of those bastards. Owie!
February 05, 2009
the pyrocanthus are very nasty.. soem thorns are 2 or 3 centimetres long, berries that are nasty for humans, to tasty not deadly, its low maintenence, ever green as well.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 05, 2009
Up in these back hills of Kentucky where I now reside, it's commonly accepted that trespassers are subject to being shot or attacked by yard dogs, although it's customary to call the dogs off before they actually attack (the first offense) and to use rubber bullets and aim for the ass the first time. The sheriff has little sympathy for injured trespassers so consequently, it isn't a very big problem in these parts.:flaming
February 06, 2009
clematis
Nettle is some MEAN stuff, too true. It's also, strangely, edible and said to be very tasty; the stinging bristles melt away when you make it into soup. And just look at that color!

"Nettle has a very distinct taste, which I can only describe as a loose cross between cactus, grass (in a good way), and fresh basil."

I read about that too.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
February 06, 2009
poofy_puff
Stinging nettle, a/k/a "Seven-minute Itch" is good too, but it can become an invasive weed, so use with caution.

I believe I may have been completely insane as a child. Not only did I enjoy touching the electric fence, I also enjoyed the sensations after touching nettles, which to me was pretty similar to touching the fence. Tingly, like your hands had been totally asleep and were super pins and needles-y.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 06, 2009
Feh
poofy_puff
Stinging nettle, a/k/a "Seven-minute Itch" is good too, but it can become an invasive weed, so use with caution.

I believe I may have been completely insane as a child. Not only did I enjoy touching the electric fence, I also enjoyed the sensations after touching nettles, which to me was pretty similar to touching the fence. Tingly, like your hands had been totally asleep and were super pins and needles-y.

I experienced a jolt that knocked me off a chair once while wiping down a metal light fixture that was in contact with a shorted out wire with a damp cloth.:hs I got that same sensation you are describing for probably about 20 minutes. Oddly, it numbed my shoulder that had ached for WEEKS due to a rotator cuff injury that hadn't healed completely and it never hurt again after my near electrocution. Is that Stinging Nettle thought to have medicinal qualities? If so, WHERE can it be bought because I have never heard of it.confused smiley
February 07, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinging_nettle#Medicinal_uses

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 07, 2009
Feh
poofy_puff

I suppose I can relate to that, after all I do enjoy my Hitachi Magic Wand, and it IS electric.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
K-Man just had a diabolical thought. Seek the nearest areas to where these kids congregate that have poison ivy or poison oak growing on the ground. Typically this will be under trees that also have the noxious stuff growing up them as a vine. If any of those kyds leaves a skateboard or other belongings lying around outside, chuck it into the ivy when no one's looking. The little twerps will root through the stuff to retrieve the object, and you can guess the rest... Bonus: most of today's ignorant little rugrats know nothing about flora and fauna, so they'll have no clue about these plants.
February 07, 2009
poofy_puff
I suppose I can relate to that, after all I do enjoy my Hitachi Magic Wand, and it IS electric.

I have one of those, too! :chug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login