Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I was/am a picky eater, but this is just ridiculous (MyKidCan'tEatThis)

Posted by Dorisan 
Combine a mother who was a horrid, totally "meat 'n taters" cook; being allergic to about a hundred different things as a kid (though my parents never assumed that the outside world had to accomodate me); and just generally not exposed to diverse food groups and I'd be classed as a picky eater. However, I never turned my nose up at food because it had a fucking wrinkle in it.

LINK
Dorisan
Combine a mother who was a horrid, totally "meat 'n taters" cook; being allergic to about a hundred different things as a kid (though my parents never assumed that the outside world had to accomodate me); and just generally not exposed to diverse food groups and I'd be classed as a picky eater. However, I never turned my nose up at food because it had a fucking wrinkle in it.

LULz! I ate what was put in front of me, and my father took NO shit!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
we were pretty much taught, eat or go to bed early without dinner, lunches weren't really interesting or diverse, but it got us used to eating bland food without a choice, breakfast was when we could have the most choice, toast, cereal, porridge, and every different topping on those we could choose from, when we had to work in the yard, or at other industrial property's, we got a boiled egg with our other breakfast item to help keep us full longer till we became adults, at which point, if it was a day involving hard manual labour, we ate a heavy cooked meal with pretty much every standard breakfast item included, so that we wouldn't feint before lunch round 2pm.

we had snacks, but they were rationed, no more than one of our hands full of fruit, nuts, chips, muslie bar or whatever else, mind you this sorta all changed when we became teenagers with serious hunger, the snacks ballooned, ice cream, toppings, chocolate, shitloads of coke/other soft drinks, I think the healthiest snack I could have as a teen was a sandwich, mind you that was after walking 2-3km home from the bus stop each day, love to see these super picky little snowfleax make that on whatever the hell they CAN eat, oh that's right, heli-momma wouldn't let lil snowfleak walk anywhere it shouldn't have to.

well at least we know those super picky kids wont live long past their teens I suppose.

*note that I say super picky to describe these modern day first world problem children, not the picky eaters that might have actually experienced something bad, choose to eat a certain way, or have no choice like I now do due to a condition.
Eat it or starve. No skin off my nose.

That was my childhood experience of food. The only lasting thing I won't eat is liver, but that I suspect is more down to crappy school dinners.
This is just ridiculous. I had the same shit with an ex lover whose little brat was spoiled rotten. He wouldn't eat the meals I cooked because he wanted chicken fingers and crap like that. Of course Mooomy Indulged his every whim. I wasn't about to become a short-order cook, so that was the end of that relationship.

When I was growing up, I was expected to eat pretty much what was set before me. The only exceptions were raw tomatoes (allergy) or oysters (made me deathly nauseous). My mom used to be able to brag that I was a pretty unfussy eater to her friends when they'd complain how picky their kids were.

Just leave it there, if the kid won't eat it, then that's the kid's problem.

That was my childhood experience of food. The only lasting thing I won't eat is liver, but that I suspect is more down to crappy school dinners.

I used to take calf's liver, dip it in egg, roll in Italian Bread Crumbs and fry in olive oil. My ex hated liver but had to have it because he had pernicious anemia. I never had a problem getting him to eat it. I HATE liver and onions myself.
When I was a kyd, mom and dad both worked. When they came home mom almost always made a home cooked meal. The odd exceptions were a frozen pizza once in a blue moon.

I was to eat whatever was put in front of me. If I didn't like it, and asked to be excused from the table I was excused. But if I came back later and said I was hungry than my dinner was re-warmed for me and I was to eat it.

There was more than one night that I went to bed hungry. I also learned that I was to eat it and appreciate the fact that I had a hot meal in front of me to fill my belly.

This is just another good reason not to have kids. They're so picky and I wouldn't put up with their whining of "I dooonntt liiiikkkeee iiiittttt"

All they are is a spoiled :complaining about a brat
With the exception of allergies, pickiness is made, not born. Everyone has likes/dislikes and we all have to learn to work with those.

My parents didn't serve "kiddie foods", but did manage to strike a good balance between getting us to try new things vs. making sure there was SOMEthing on the table that would work. So the general rule was "find something to eat from what's offered". There was generally a main dish, green salad, and some side dish or other. We were not allowed snacks between dinner and bed (though snacking at other times of day was usually okay, as long as we asked and it wasn't too close to dinner time).

I think their method worked well. They got three kids who were fairly good eaters. We didn't see certain foods as "kid foods". I remember thinking that adults seemed to like some strange stuff, but it wasn't a source of contention.

Oh, and a friend o' mine is a pediatrician...she said that "picky eating" is something that's usually the result of the environment. When dealing with that issue in families she works with, she keeps repeating to the parents that they are NOT short-order cooks.
MerlynHerne
When I was growing up, I was expected to eat pretty much what was set before me. The only exceptions were raw tomatoes (allergy) or oysters (made me deathly nauseous). My mom used to be able to brag that I was a pretty unfussy eater to her friends when they'd complain how picky their kids were.

Just leave it there, if the kid won't eat it, then that's the kid's problem.

In the house I grew up in, the rule was that you ate what was on the table or you cooked the next meal. Not only did I learn to eat what was put in front of me, both me and Kid Brother learned to be good cooks at an early age.
When I was a kid there were three or four things that I would never eat, and they are the same now. I will not eat sour cream, mayo (including Miracle Whip) or raw onions and I will not apologize for it. I used to not like melted cheese until I joined the swim team and got peer pressured into eating some and I really liked it a lot (it is now one of my favorite foods, so thank you crazy swimmer friends).

But some of the reasons for not eating stuff is crazy, like the banana one. I always break my bananas before I eat them or else I might miss my mouth. Damn fussy loaves.
I was extremely picky as a kid—and still am, albeit to a lesser extent, and I know when not to refuse something that's put in front of me (e.g. when I'm a guest in someone else's home). There are still a number of things I still can't stand (black pepper, if there's enough that I can taste it; onions, though again, if they're mixed in and I can't really taste them it's NBD; mushrooms, sour cream, hamburgers, and seafood, to name a few) but I'll eat even those if politeness necessitates it and I can obviously cook for myself when at home.

My parents humored me to a large extent but even this shit wouldn't have flown in our house. I don't know why the breeders are talking about this like it's funny. It's not funny, it's bratty, and it sounds like those kids need to be spanked and miss a few meals.
I wasn't a picky eater either, nor was there much of a concept of "kid food" versus "adult food." I'd always try new foods at least once, but there are still things that I just never liked. Coconut I could never eat (and still can't), never liked olives, never liked squash, don't like mushrooms of any kind. Some things I didn't like as a kid, but like as an adult (raw tomatoes, cole slaw). Some things, I admit, I can't eat because of how they look. Raw liver looks like pudding and it smells awful when it's cooked, and I just cannot put an oyster near my mouth without gagging.

I think my mother is actually more of a picky eater than I am. She doesn't like seafood or anything spicy (and her definition of spicy is pretty broad). One thing she did do right was she didn't force me to eat anything, and it helped that she hates many foods that I hate, so meal times were pretty easy.

But the bullshit kids do now is just unheard of, and the fucking parents cater to it! That's the worst thing you can do with an extremely picky eater, and brats today always have bullshit reasons for not liking foods that they often don't even try. They don't like it because it's green, because it's "broken," because it touched some other food, because it feels funny, because it's not in an even number of pieces and so on. And their retarded handlers encourage this behavior by making special separate meals for them. I also couldn't deal with such pickiness and food waste, and would very much be of the mindset of "If you don't like what I make, make your own damn food or go to bed hungry."

Even the dumbest kids won't let themselves starve and, eventually, that broken green food might start to look real appetizing. And if they are dumb enough to starve themselves, well then, no big loss if the kid starves to death.
It is pretty amazing and pretty stupid that this bratty behaviour gets celebrated via social media. I remember a post a long time ago here about some...Instagram probably...that parunts were posting to that celebrated the hilarious hijinks of kyds doing destructive things such as I think one kyd had done something to damage the car's paint or something, and now this Insta about oh-isn't-it-just-soooooo-funny that Junior won't eat this or that? LULZ!!!

How the parunts can not only accept these kinds of behaviours but also brag about them to the world, celebrate this brattiness, and laugh at it all is just beyond me.
Cambion
One thing she did do right was she didn't force me to eat anything, and it helped that she hates many foods that I hate, so meal times were pretty easy.

But the bullshit kids do now is just unheard of, and the fucking parents cater to it!

Yeah, there's letting your kid have preferences...and there's tiptoeing around every damn little detail that Snotford doesn't like. My parents were smart enough to kind of pick their battles. They wouldn't usually present an entire meal of entirely new foods when we were really little. They'd have some fall-backs included in the menu. But if we bitched about something being broken/squished/wrong shape or any other bullshit, we got no sympathy. Responses were usually, "Yeah, but your stomach can't tell the difference" or "Better than no dinner".

Looking back, that was one area where my parents were just good at blowing stuff off/refusing to engage.
The only thing I refused to eat was asparagus and the only reason my parents allowed me to get away with that was because I loved every other vegetable (and was a particular whore for spinach, as long as it wasn't creamed. I still hate creamed spinach to this day). There was always two vegetables with dinner, so on nights when asparagus was one of the vegetables, I would have extra of the other.

Oh, and my parents always cooked from scratch. Both worked outside the home in the government, but that wasn't enough of a reason to take shortcuts or constantly eat out. If we ate out, it was to places that required dressing up. McDonald's was a 1-2x/year treat and that's was only when we visited the grandparents and they took my sister and I there. Friday night was pizza night, but we made our own pizzas at home. Saturday was movie and finger food night, but again, we made the snacks at home from scratch.

So I'm always at a loss when breeders nowadays claim to be too busy to properly make food for their children.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
My relatives are from the ME. We're talking all kinds of strange foods! grinning smiley

Ya like roasted goat?

How about *combining it* with some sour cream ~

Muahahahahahahaha!!!!

But this would be like a "Gyro" and most everyone likes those.

And many were from - I don't know how to say? In outward and rural areas, in that area, and were like subsistence farmers shooting weasels on the back 40 and such.

My one Gram made some - dish - that she claimed was "Hungarian Goulash".

It was a foul abomination. I'm not even going to get into this.

And so was most of the rest of the stuff "They" "Cooked".

After them, my parents generation subsisted on "Fast Food". And fed us kids that too. Or we were tossed off on GPs and fed boiled beets and various questionable meats? and such (and yes this was in the US too.)

My parents / all rel's their age couldn't take it, I can see why they went to "Fast Food". Because the "Olde Worlde" stuff was awful.

After that - Me / "Our Generation" , had to 'teach ourselves' how to cook and 'eat healthy'.
Coming from blue-collar, agrarian, migrant family, with a live at home grandmother, we all ate rustic food from the ole country, all home made, mostly grown and sometimes killed and plucked (still can't stomach homemade chicken). However, the variety was monotonous, and we knew what was for dinner by the day of the week. Fast food and takeout was never given, as it was considered as vastly inferior garbage (family of eurosnobs).

However, dinner was made by busy working parents, and always at the table together. We ate what was in front of us and we couldn't leave the table until the plate was finished. The few times I can remember not eating something, it was to bed with nothing else, and it was packed for lunch the next day, and if that wasn't eaten - it was spankin' time. We grew up either eating what was given, or going hungry and a spanked ass - which is why we ate everything as kids not to mention hard laborious chores which didn't help the hunger pangs.. As teens though, we were food blackholes.

It wasn't into my late teens that I actually tried fast food, and the very rare times I ate at friends houses, I was in awe of the variety and how these kids were able to get away with their finickiness. The wouldn't lasted 5 minutes in my family.
I had a limited cooking set of parents AND a huge number of food allergies and not only did I HAVE to eat what they served me, EVERY time, even if it made me VIOLENTLY ILL, I wouldn't leave the table until I had eaten it (and in many cases vomited it back up).

I can remember sitting and staring at a plate full of allergens that would inevitably make me spew, and hoping they would leave the room and I could feed it to the dog or sneak it under the table-leaf holder or ANYTHING so that I could go to bed hungry (and sneak down in the middle of the night for a pop-tart).

Whilst I don't agree with my parents lack of belief in allergic reactions... (They thought I was deliberately making myself sick to spite their bad cooking.) When your child has zero reason for rejecting the food (wrinkled is not a reason) they need a good beating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login