Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Falling cemetery headstone kills toddler in Texas"

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Re: "Falling cemetery headstone kills toddler in Texas"
May 12, 2015
mrs. chinaski
I find it especially disgusting when people behave inappropriately in a place like cemetery.
Dead people cannot defend themselves.
Or maybe they can....

LOL

drinking coffee

I usually hunt around for appropriate emoticons or gifs. Couldn't find one that perfectly matched, but this was close

May 12, 2015
rudeawakening
This article indeed mentions that Loafley was playing on the grave. the world 'fail' on flames

Sing it with me: It's the CIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIFE...

From the article

Officials at the cemetery in Odessa, Texas, could not explain why the stone, dating from 1919, fell over.

For some reason, I found that hilarious.

Like "really? Dude, it's a cemetery. Weird shit goes down at places like that. Haven't you read any Stephen King?"
May 12, 2015

the Driver family were at the cemetery to pay respects to someone while the four-year-old played at a nearby gravesite.

Fixed it for them:

The Driver family were at the cemetary to pay respects to someone while letting their four-year-old disrespect someone else.
May 12, 2015
thom_c
Zzelda

I did too grinning smiley

And I pictured that one 'story' in the Stephen King film Creepshow where the tomb stone falls on the guy. Including a "whooomph!" sound and all! grinning smiley

For the cemetery fans and researchers - I live not too far from this place -

http://graveyards.com/IL/Cook/waldheim/31freesons.html

It's a place full of dangerous old things, it's pretty creepy. You rarely see anyone in there, either.

I could picture something falling on you w/ included whooomph! sound in this place.

creepee ~

WHOOMP THERE IT IS!

:GOMIIMOG :partay

May 13, 2015
So you see, the initial suspision has been confirmed - they let their child PLAY on cemetary!
0 sympathy from me. Now, they have like 40+ years to think about what went wrong.
Zzelda

And I pictured that one 'story' in the Stephen King film Creepshow where the tomb stone falls on the guy. Including a "whooomph!" sound and all! grinning smiley

It's a place full of dangerous old things, it's pretty creepy. You rarely see anyone in there, either.

I could picture something falling on you w/ included whooomph! sound in this place.

creepee ~

Maybe that's how it really happened... grinning smiley

May 13, 2015
Dorisan
I usually hunt around for appropriate emoticons or gifs. Couldn't find one that perfectly matched, but this was close

grinning smiley
May 14, 2015
I still think that head stone deserves an award or something, maybe a little restoration, or hell make it a tourist attraction, I can see it now (killing from beyond the grave, tombstone exhibit) hey maybe its owners ghost didn't like kids and was just fulfilling its last earthly desire.

God I'm morbid skull2 regardless, I hope someone gave it a thumbs up and "good job" at some point for displaying an excellent example of why kids either shouldn't be in a grave yard unattended, or why they should be taught to show respect at such locations.
May 14, 2015
Hm, I feel vindicated. Thanks for all the follow ups on the story, everyone. Not that I'm terribly surprised. smile rolling left righteyes2
May 15, 2015
Look Ma, I'm Roadkill!

May 15, 2015
sarawithanh86
Zzelda

creepee ~

Maybe that's how it really happened... grinning smiley

thumbs upwink
May 27, 2015
One more tombstone-climber - 8yo boy, this time in Glasgow (UK):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3099511/An-eight-year-old-boy-tragically-died-crushed-falling-TOMBSTONE-graveyard.html
May 27, 2015
I have a feeling parunts will start demanding tombstones be replaced with rubber ones or those halloween one on lawns so that when Bratley needs to disrepect the dead and it falls he will be just fine. Ugh
May 27, 2015
Or maybe they will find the family who owns that particular grave and sue them for compensation.
May 27, 2015
Posh restaurants, lecture halls, and now cemeteries... what other inappropriate venues will the toadlers colonize? Maybe the next parunt will bring one to play in a meat-processing plant...
May 27, 2015
Hope the moo and duh are charged with child neglect. If they had been watching the childrun (not toddler) then there wouldn't be a dead one. It is 100% their fault, idiots. Dumb dumbs get to live with their irresponsible actions but watch them play the victim and blame game.

Then again, in the world where a 4 year old is referred to a toadler is just wrong. I've been told a toadler is still trying to master walking (toddling around) but maybe that isn't true. It wouldn't surprise me to hear there are fully functioning 4 year olds who aren't able to walk yet just as there are much older childrun who aren't potty trained yet!
May 28, 2015
This gives a whole new meaning to the expression "getting stoned". drinking coffee
May 28, 2015
keeper of traken
This gives a whole new meaning to the expression "getting stoned". drinking coffee

You've got a heart of stone. :biggrin2

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
May 29, 2015
ouabain
Posh restaurants, lecture halls, and now cemeteries... what other inappropriate venues will the toadlers colonize? Maybe the next parunt will bring one to play in a meat-processing plant...

You mean...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login