Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:wtf Model Moo Bfing on magazine cover

Posted by cfaspiegirl26 
Re: :wtf Model Moo Bfing on magazine cover
May 29, 2015
I honestly don't really care if I see a woman's breasts, provided that society is equally accepting of them when there's no breast attached. If I don't want to look at them, I can avert my eyes, just as with any other person I don't want to see. In general, I'd like less body policing.

But I'm really disgusted by the bodily fluids splattering. It's well-known that breast milk can carry disease, and people are often told that they shouldn't buy breast milk off the internet because so much of it tests positive for infectious agents. It's a public health issue.

I think the problem is that people express their disgust as "I don't want to see that" when they should say "I don't want to be exposed to that" (where that is disease). That puts it back on logical rather than emotional grounds.

Either way, it's clear that what's going on today is not how it was in the past but a whole bunch of attention whoring.
May 29, 2015
yurble
I honestly don't really care if I see a woman's breasts, provided that society is equally accepting of them when there's no breast attached. If I don't want to look at them, I can avert my eyes, just as with any other person I don't want to see. In general, I'd like less body policing.

But I'm really disgusted by the bodily fluids splattering. It's well-known that breast milk can carry disease, and people are often told that they shouldn't buy breast milk off the internet because so much of it tests positive for infectious agents. It's a public health issue.

I think the problem is that people express their disgust as "I don't want to see that" when they should say "I don't want to be exposed to that" (where that is disease). That puts it back on logical rather than emotional grounds.

Either way, it's clear that what's going on today is not how it was in the past but a whole bunch of attention whoring.

What is your take on the rights of businesses to dictate policy on their own private property?

In the U.S., restaurants generally have a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy. This should be universal, male or female, breastfeeding irrelevant.

Don't like it? Eat in your own home topless, then.
May 29, 2015
screaming sausage
Peace
They're just a bunch of attention whores who want society's focus on them because they squat out a loaf. Society tells them they're pedestal worthy because they're mothers. It's just another form of patriarchy, of chauvinism. Control the women by controlling their bodies, by extolling birth as if it were something exceptional. Make them feel important for doing absolutely nothing.

Only ignorant women fall for that.

Fuck that shit.

Notice that higher levels of female education equals less children, or no children.

Rant over.

I just wanted to say that this is my favourite post I've seen here so far :yr

I'll never understand those antifeminist women, FeMRAs etc who think feminists should just quit whining and get on with their roles of popping out babies and making sammiches for men- can't they see it's all a trap? Have they all forgotten the concept of keeping women "barefoot and pregnant" and what that entails for a woman, or do they just have a kind of Stockholm Syndrome for their sexist oppressors?

Antifeminist men don't like the idea of women getting educated and having satisfying careers, the freedom to travel, financial independence etc because they know that this will help them to discover and pursue their own interests, see that their own lives are valuable and that they don't have to be about serving men by being good little uncomplaining Stepford Wives and incubators- and this thought terrifies them.

I'm so glad I'm with a CF man who treats me as an equal and someone to enjoy life and have adventures with rather than a sexist man who thinks I should sacrifice my own happiness to spend my days looking after him as if he's an overgrown child. I met him just as I was thinking I'd never find a nice CF man at my age- and with plenty of sexist dinosaurs still roaming the earth I can't tell you how lucky I feel.

Most young women today in the Western world (except Ireland, Poland, Romania) have no idea of what life was like pre-feminism and pre-abortion. They've always had the vote, always had financial and educational freedom. Thus, they have nothing from the past to compare their lives to, because the past is just a story in a history book to them.

If these anti-feminist women want to reject feminism, then fine, that is their choice. However, they shouldn't take advantage of rights that their feminist foremothers fought for. That means they don't get to vote, they don't get bank accounts or credit cards in their own names, they must change their name upon marriage, they are financially dependant on their father or husband for every little thing in their lives, they are relegated to spending their lives in the house cooking everything from scratch, cleaning, baby care, and fucking upon demand. Paragon had written a great post on this, I am just paraphrasing from her.

Everytime I see or hear one of these anti-feminist women, I tell them, you vote? Thank a feminist. You have a college education? Thank a feminist. You have a job and your own finances? Thank a feminist. You have choices in life? Thank a feminist. That shuts them up fast. smiling smiley
May 29, 2015
StudioFiftyFour
yurble

What is your take on the rights of businesses to dictate policy on their own private property?

In the U.S., restaurants generally have a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy. This should be universal, male or female, breastfeeding irrelevant.

Don't like it? Eat in your own home topless, then.

It seems reasonable to me, as long as it is applied universally. I don't think businesses should have the right to discriminate, but they can apply the same rules of dress to everyone.

I think it's sexist to permit men to bare their chest and to prevent women from doing so, and that sexism is reinforced when women are allowed to...but only for breastfeeding. All that does is push the motherhood role as the only legitimate option.
May 30, 2015
When I go to restaurant, the only breasts I want to see are chicken breasts.
June 01, 2015
#normalizebreastfeeding ?

Give me a break. Breastfeeding already is normal. Everybody knows it exists. Mothers of infants have been doing it since the beginning of time, they just haven't needed a marching band and a 21 gun salute announcing their presence. These women don't want to normalize it, they want to make it into a theatrical show complete with their own personal cheerleading section.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
June 01, 2015
LoveToLurk
#normalizebreastfeeding ?

Give me a break. Breastfeeding already is normal. Everybody knows it exists. Mothers of infants have been doing it since the beginning of time, they just haven't needed a marching band and a 21 gun salute announcing their presence. These women don't want to normalize it, they want to make it into a theatrical show complete with their own personal cheerleading section.

Precisely.

And they are looking to normalize the harassment of those who aren't breastfeeding, and don't wish to be exposed to other people's bodily functions in public settings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login