Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey guys? Yanno how we CF women are concerned over uterus transplants?

Posted by Dorisan 
Hey guys? Yanno how we CF women are concerned over uterus transplants?
June 14, 2015
Welll, signing a donor card may result in giving the OK to donate something you might not have expected

Man with successful penis transplant is going to be a father

I'm having qualms about checking off the donor box, the next time my license comes up for renewal. With the transplant industry becoming corrupted by emotions and manipulation, it's something I am becoming loathe to support
So this happened in Africa. Just what Africa needs, more people...smile rolling left righteyes2
It looks like it happened because of some really retarded tradition. I have no support for any religion that botches people like that. They damage women, too, BTW. Here is a link to that:

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs241/en/

Back to the original post.

Article
Young boys in the Xhosa tribe in South Africa, for example, undergo a ritual circumcision as young as age 12. During this journey to manhood, boys are often isolated in mountains and forced to recover in a way that is both painful and dangerous; the penis is wrapped in strips of goat skin and the boys are allowed no food or water. The risk of infection is high in these conditions and by the time many of them seek medical help, it’s too late to save the member...

Now, at least there’s hope for the most unfortunate of these young men — and for men facing similar circumstances around the world....

I think it would be a good idea to stop butchering people. How about that.
I could understand penis replacements for guys who had cock cancer (which does happen). But using a borrowed cock to breed is disgusting.
Dorisan
Welll, signing a donor card may result in giving the OK to donate something you might not have expected

Me, I couldn't find a happy fuck to give. I'd be DEAD so have at it! Uterus? SOLS (Shit out o' luck suckar!) I binned that last year (I think).

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
Dorisan

Me, I couldn't find a happy fuck to give. I'd be DEAD so have at it! Uterus? SOLS (Shit out o' luck suckar!) I binned that last year (I think).

I had my under-the-hood checkup not long ago and got complimented on my works. "Everything is in great shape, considering your age and menopause," said my Lady Doc. Yeah, that's nice. All I'm concerned about is no scary cancers or anything.

Dead or not, I wouldn't want anyone at the morgue to parcel out my organs, look at my uterus, and say "boy that's in perky shape! Never been used. There's a woman on the transplant list who lost her's to cancer. She might be able to have a kid if we give her this one."

Fuuuuck no. My eyes, my heart, any other organ than that. I chose not to subject my organs to that horror. It's a choice I'd want to maintain even if that part ended up in someone else's body.
They don't tend to harvest unless you are under 28, even if you have 'donate' marked on your ID.
Fortunately organ death also occurs within minutes of circulatory failure, so nobody 'in the morgue' can take anything but corneas or other low blood flow tissues.

I took the 'donate' mark off my license, last renewal. I can donate blood if I get the desire to. I don't tend to because I have a very sensitive vagal reaction to both sticks and lowered blood volume. Halfway through donation I tend to get surrounded by ice packs and nurses telling me to cough. Blech!
Presto
They don't tend to harvest unless you are under 28, even if you have 'donate' marked on your ID.
Fortunately organ death also occurs within minutes of circulatory failure, so nobody 'in the morgue' can take anything but corneas or other low blood flow tissues.

Whoever.

According to http://organdonor.gov/ health, not age, is taken into account. Apparently the transplant team will look in and give the accept or discard to organs.

But this discussion did cause me to take a closer look at the process. Apparently, depending on which state you register for donation, there are options to limit donations. Going to my state, there is a box you can check that says "I wish to specify limitations." Once checked, a list pops up below

Organs
Heart
Lungs
Liver
Kidneys
Pancreas
Small Intestine

Eyes
Whole eyes Corneas

Tissue
Skin
Bone
Veins
Tendons & ligaments
Heart valves & associated cardiovascular tissue

You can choose what's taken.

Now, here I'm being facetious, but a qualm I have is about the life one might save by being an organ donor. Say my husband died and his heart went to Dick Cheney (as someone's did when that fucker got fast tracked for that organ). If I found out about that, I would certainly squawk about the waste of an organ to that bastard.

It's a complex subject. Certainly there are the maudlin pitches featuring a cyoot kid or an esteemed adult whose life was saved by donation. But would I want the life of someone who holds views I consider viciously repellent, or exercises power in a way I oppose, to be saved or made better by the donation of one of my organs?

You certainly don't know, and are not really supposed to think that way; it could turn out that one's donation saves the life of a person who will be a force for good. It still makes me pause.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login