Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mooing about school starting "too early"

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Cheese Louise
Mooing about school starting "too early"
September 01, 2008
For various reasons, some school districts around here have over the last couple years gone to a calendar where they start earlier, at the end of August rather than the first part of September. In a fishwrap article about this, a school official was quoted as saying that many parunts complain about this because it "cuts into their family vacations."

This always drives me batshit insane, for two reasons. First of all, the summer is the same fucking INTERMINABLE length. It just starts earlier and ends earlier. Fambleeeees have the same nearly THREE MONTHS to take their precious vacation. (Don't get me started on the idiocy of having the brats doing NOTHING educational all summer.)

Second of all, what is more important? You'd think it would be their shits' EDUCATION, but you'd be wrong, obviously. Their mooing sends a very bad (but not new) message to the brats, that their breeders put a higher value on going to fucking Disneyland than becoming an educated, responsible citizen.

I HATE breeders.
Re: Mooing about school starting "too early"
September 01, 2008
Around here, they LIKE it because it DOES start earlier, hence they don't have to obtain and/or usually pay for childcare for as many weeks. They think of the schools as a daycare service, which around here that's essentially what it has become. Last winter they (breeders) made a HUGE stink and big deal because we had a snow storm and the prediction was there would be even more flurries throughout the day and a certain percentage of the roads were already considered too icy and dangerous to traverse. So, going by that and his own judgement, the superintendant cancelled classes at all county schools for the day but didn't get the info he needed to make his judgement until about 6:00 AM the morning of the storm.

They raised HELL because they had to arrange last minute childcare so (presumably) they could go to work. They said, "If WE are expected to report to work then schools should be open and the busses should run." They were SO selfish that they didn't give a shit about the rural mountainous roads where at least 50% of the students live and how dangerous it would have been for a school bus to drive those routes with black ice and slippery spots. They only care that THEY were inconvenienced (mostly the city dwellers from town) and couldn't care less about the OTHER children and their safey who live in the rural areas.

I find it odd that breeders pretend to care SO much about "the chylldren", when in FACT they don't care about anyone but themselves and possibly their own kyds, but even that is debatable.
September 02, 2008
These fucking pains in the asses are ALWAYS complaining about something. Nothing is ever good enough, there is always a problem with something.

Yet we've got a $4000 school tax bill sitting at home that we'll be shelling out the dough for by the end of the month. What the fuck is wrong with this picture?

Most of these damned breeders don't pay as much school taxes that the child free do or the ones with grown kids, yet they've got the balls to bitch and moan about everything.
September 02, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> They raised HELL because they had to arrange last
> minute childcare so (presumably) they could go to
> work. They said, "If WE are expected to report to
> work then schools should be open and the busses
> should run." They were SO selfish that they didn't
> give a shit about the rural mountainous roads
> where at least 50% of the students live and how
> dangerous it would have been for a school bus to
> drive those routes with black ice and slippery
> spots. They only care that THEY were
> inconvenienced (mostly the city dwellers from
> town) and couldn't care less about the OTHER
> children and their safey who live in the rural
> areas.

You know for sure they would have sued the pants off anyone they could even imagine would be involved if the school had remained open special for them and a school bus had slid off the road injuring their precious spawn.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
My school always started in August, altho I do know ones that did start later.

Then, I remember as I got older, maybe high school, we started a week before Labor day, probably half days only. My parents never complained or scheduled any vacations then. But I'm a middle-aged woman now, this has been going on for decades!

As you said, they are never happy, but then again, if I had kids, I never would be happy either, but....that's why I don't have them. :-P
I live across the street from a church (pretty weird for an atheist, huh?) which has its own private school attached to it. It has been nice and quiet in the afternoon the last few months. I can also drive down my (one-way) street between 2:30 and 2:45 PM without getting stuck behind all the double-parked cars and kyds darting into the road in front of my car to get into their parents' oversized SUVs and minivans (which I can't always squeeze passed even with my tiny Corolla).

Oh well, that will all end soon. As if the lousy skateboarders aren't enough to contend with. sad smiley
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:

> Yet we've got a $4000 school tax bill sitting at
> home that we'll be shelling out the dough for by
> the end of the month. What the fuck is wrong with
> this picture?

CF people pay school Tax - why?
CF people means they don't have kids so why the hell CF should pay it. Moos and breeders should pay more because they send their kids to school and they got kids so they should fit the bill.

I hate when people pay for someone else's kids.
KidlessKim said, in reference to moos after a last-minute school closure for snow, "They raised HELL because they had to arrange last minute childcare so (presumably) they could go to work. They said, 'If WE are expected to report to work then schools should be open and the busses should run.' "

In a thread a few weeks ago, I actually agreed with what these moos said. Surprise! School systems should take their cue on closing or opening late from what major employers in the area do. The situation you describe involving rural mountainous areas and potential real hazards to school buses would be an exception—better safe than sorry in that case.

The problem is that most adults indeed are still expected to go to work in snow or ice, barring extreme amounts or blizzard conditions. And it seems that the teens can manage to go to the mall on days that the roads are "too dangerous" for schools to open. One solution could be to stipulate that school-age children may not go to shopping areas during snow days.

As far as school opening "too early", moos need to get over it. No one complains that universities start "too early" in early or mid-August. And year-round classes with no real summer break are likely to come soon to a school system near you, thanks to federal education mandates such as No Child Left Behind testing. Watch the moos' complaints then!
September 02, 2008
Hey, great way to model that education is valued and important. I can't imagine such whining taking place in Japan, China, or Korea. No wonder kids are such behavioral problems in schools.
CFBitchfromLA
September 02, 2008
The school districts around LA changed their academic calendars because breeders were bitching that schools started too late and finished too late.

Breeders would bitch and whine if they were being hanged with new rope.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2008
Many parents these days are now complaining that giving homework is "child abuse" and that their kids should not have to do homework, dammit!

I am really confused by this. I did homework the whole time I went through school in the 70s and 80s. I am not sure how this is a burden. I suspect that parents these days put such a huge emphasis on all kinds of bullshit extra-curricular activities and sports, and homework is getting in the way of that.
Gigabyte:

Usually, that is a 110% valid argument...but schools are one of the few things I don't mind paying tax $$$ for as a CF'er. The alternative is a generation of largely uneducated kids. Waaay worse.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2008
I don't mind paying taxes for public schools, either.

The homeschooling thing that's going on these days is downright scary.
bratBgone
September 02, 2008
casseyrod Wrote:
> I don't mind paying taxes for public schools,
> either.
>
> The homeschooling thing that's going on these days
> is downright scary.

In my state one only has to have finised one year above the grade level they are homeschooling. What a wonderful 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade teacher someone with a 4th grade education must be!
I don't mind paying school taxes even though I an CF. What I don't like is that there is no CF school-tax credit the same way there is an income tax credit for those who HAVE kids. I just want to see some acknowledgement via the tax code that we CF people, especially non-elderly CF, are no burden on the local public schools.
September 02, 2008
What I don't like is that there is no CF school-tax credit the same way there is an income tax credit for those who HAVE kids.

I think this is a good idea. I guaran-dangnab-tee that as soon as parents' kids slouch off to college, the parents will be CLAMORING to take the CF tax credit because they are "now" "childfree". Betcha dollars to doughnuts.
clematis Wrote:
> What I don't like is that there is no CF
> school-tax credit the same way there is an income
> tax credit for those who HAVE kids.
>
> I think this is a good idea. I guaran-dangnab-tee
> that as soon as parents' kids slouch off to
> college, the parents will be CLAMORING to take the
> CF tax credit because they are "now" "childfree".
> Betcha dollars to doughnuts.

If the rule is that you can take the CF school-tax credit only if you declare zero child dependents, then if the college-aged kyd is not being declared as a dependent, I am fine with that family taking the CF discount (because that family is no longer a burden on the local schools). A family with kyds too young for public schools can't take the CF school-tax credit, either. Those in private schools can take a partial CF school-tax credit for their lesser (but not zero) burden but the administrative work to verify and determine the credit for that would be a little messy.

I know this proposal won't fly any time soon because this would require a transfer of the school-tax burden to the moos from the CF folks, and the moos and all their special interest "for the fambilee" groups will raise holy hell!
Casseyrod said: "Many parents these days are now complaining that giving homework is 'child abuse' and that their kids should not have to do homework, dammit!

"I am really confused by this. I did homework the whole time I went through school in the 70s and 80s. I am not sure how this is a burden. I suspect that parents these days put such a huge emphasis on all kinds of bullshit extra-curricular activities and sports, and homework is getting in the way of that."

There's more to this than meets the eye, Casseyrod. In defense of real PNBs, a lot of anecdotal evidence describes children coming home with so much homework that between getting home from school and bedtime they are continuously working on it, except for dinnertime. Others have described children having to do hours and hours of homework or special projects on holiday breaks and weekends to a point that it interferes with family activities, let alone extracurricular stuff such as sports or music.

The issue seems to be that teachers in many public systems are using No Child Left Behind (NCLcool smiley and other federal and state mandates as an excuse to do nothing in school but teach to those tests, and use the homework to "teach" the rest of their subject.

While I'm not knocking teachers as a group, it is good to remember that the more recent graduates of education colleges in universities have repeatedly been shown to have had the worst academic performance and SAT scores coming into university, and the lowest university grade point averages, compared with all other majors. These teachers as a group—again, with individual exceptions—are dumbed down themselves, so they have been teaching a dumbed-down curriculum that concentrates on leftist indoctrination and self-esteem above knowledge and actual performance. Now their performance is being measured with NCLB, etc., and they deeply resent it, hence the massive homework amounts—both to make up for what they aren't teaching and also to get back at the system that now holds them accountable, where it really did not before.

Those teachers are themselves products of the BNPs of the 1980s and 1990s, which explains a lot as well.
September 02, 2008
NCLB is part of the reason that music and art teachers like me are in danger of losing their jobs, and artistic students across the country are seeing their favorite subjects cut. In today's standardized test society there is no room (or money) for subjects that can't be measured on a bubble sheet.

NCLB may be good in theory, but in practice it is very, very flawed.
September 03, 2008
I do mind paying school taxes, because the bastards don't want to learn anyway.
September 03, 2008
I resent that the homeschoolers get tax breaks/credits, allowances, etc... much like a public school, or in some cases extra welfare money. What we end up with, with few exceptions, is kyds with no set schedules, no independent verification of testing scores, and moos "teaching" them who think that 1/4 is bigger than 1/3, since three is smaller than four. eye rolling smiley You have kyds being abused in various ways, but they are isolated and have no way or no one to ask for help. MOST of the homeschoolers are religious fundies and this just gives them more hours in the day to brainwash their kyds and further alienate them from society.

That's fine and dandy UNTIL they unleash them on the general public, then we are all in trouble.
Anonymous User
September 06, 2008
I DO mind paying for school taxes, NOT MY PROBLEM, fuck their education, let breeders who use the school system pay for their schools, let my taxes help the old folks,
Cheese Louise
September 06, 2008
Another problem with home-skooling is that there is even less incentive for the parunts to vaccinate their kids. I was just reading yesterday about how our state is amongst the worst in the country for vaccination rates. Parunts are STILL convinced vaccines cause awwtism (love that term, Kim) even though it's been proven not to. Breeders are just damn lazy. It's toooo haaaard to get the kids the shots they AND SOCIETY need to stay healthy. Fucking pigs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login