My take on Quiverfull

Posted by Cambion 
Re: My take on Quiverfull
October 05, 2008
Hey, Cambion, have you seen this? Some breeder bitch messed with your art:

http://community.livejournal.com/cf_hardcore/4218606.html
October 05, 2008
Yeah, I already know about it, Medusa. And I already sent a complaint to the people on LJ who deal with copyright infringement. So, hopefully the image will get removed and the wanker LJer will get punished.
October 05, 2008
I don't take copyright infringement lightly, and apparently the annotated artwork originally appeared on a forum called "ljsecret" to which I don't think I have access. Can you track down the original poster? Can you collect any information about what I gather is a her? Usernames, IP addresses, email addys, blog addresses? PM me if you want me to help track her down. This is not cool.
October 05, 2008
I have no way of tracking the person down, and they seem to have posted anonymously, so I'm kind of stuck. But as long as LJ removes the thing, I'll be content. They may be able to track the perp down via IP address/blog/etc.

I sent the LJ admin all the info I could (from another LJ member who saw the mutilated pic before I did and alerted me to it). I'll keep everyone updated on whether or not this gets resolved.
October 07, 2008
I'm sorry you had to deal with this nonsense, Cambion. There's probably no way to find out who the original poster of the stolen image was unless you contact the moderator at LJSecret....people post anonymously. Although they probably have a way to do it. However, I don't see why the LJ admin wouldn't have the image removed if you've informed them about it.

LJSecret is a hilarious train-wreck most of the time. People make (or in this and a lot of other cases, take) images and put in textual 'secrets' about their lives and then post these altered images anonymously. It's mainly what you'd expect: most of the time, the 'secrets' are things like,

'You broke up with me and now I want to kill myself!'
'I'm in love with my best friend (but she's a girl, like me!)

It's at: ljsecret.livejournal.com

You should be able to view the images even without a LJ account. The comments on the cf_hardcore community pretty much sum up my feelings on the matter....yeah, future breeder-bitch, you sure showed us! Maybe you can raise your future brats to be thieves, too! And think, you did all of that just to 'punish' a group of childfree people on the INTERNET (which as we all know is serious business).
October 07, 2008
Hey RatsNotBrats - I didn't know you were on here too (you're the RatsNotBrats from CFEZ, right?)! I love seeing familiar names/people on other boards.

I'm familiar with what ljsecret is, but I just never looked at it. That and PostSecret never really held my interest (I lost interest in Cave Canum after a while too). But yay for vigilant folks - many people from cf_hardcore did their best to help out and explain to the offended dolts that the original picture had a punchline (which the submitter conveniently covered up) and that it was also stolen.

I laughed too at the submitter's "secret" - oh noez, she's gonna let her pweshus cry to teach us CFers a lesson! Woe is us! She'll surely end the entire CF movement by letting Snookums howl uncontrollably in public places where there will be all manner of CFers, fence sitters, empty nesters, infertiles, dating couples, and other parents. Yep - foisting your screamer on everyone will surely show us a thing or two. What logic!
October 07, 2008
Hey, Cambion - oh, there's another RatsNotBrats at another board? No, as a matter of fact, that's not me! Ha ha...that's funny. smiling smiley Nope, totally different person altogether. Yeah, I do like the cf_hardcore community on LJ. Good on them for helping you out.

And yeah, that's kind of backwards-reasoning, isn't it? Letting the screamer wail uncontrollably in order to....what? Make the childfree folks of the world wish they'd had one too? Uh, yeah. No, the only one being punished here is the screamer's future mommy, not us.
October 07, 2008
Wowww, that is kinda weird. But yes, there's a RatsNotBrats on another CF board (but I don't suggest joining it because it's a total shithole run by morons). I think the one I was thinking of spells her name a little differently, though. Oops.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login