Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fakebook founder is playing Hell-y-wood and breeds

Posted by Techie 
Fakebook founder is playing Hell-y-wood and breeds
July 31, 2015
Really Mark? I guess he just had to do it. When people get all the money, they go looking for fame.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/mark-zuckerbergs-wife-priscilla-chan-pregnant-expecting-first-baby-2015317

US Magazine
"We've been trying to have a child for a couple of years and have had three miscarriages along the way"

Dude was playing the Russian roulette and had not one, not two but THREE chances to bail. Most dudes would have bailed after the first one.

I guess this is something that I will never understand. To some people, CF is a choice, to me, that's just who I am. Maybe to some people breeding is just what they are, although something is telling me he is not 100% behind this idea. Maybe that is just me thinking.
Re: Fakebook founder is playing Hell-y-wood and breeds
August 01, 2015
US Magazine
"We've been trying to have a child for a couple of years and have had three miscarriages along the way"
you would think anyone who had 3 miscarriages would get the hint, but no, as always, gotta keep trying to make that heir.

i dont use facebook personally it never interested me, however i am aware that you cant unfriend this guy, imagine that, you dont give a flying fuck about babys, and his posts about it probably smacks you in the face every step of the way, who cares. she's not even showing yet, how can they be certain it will stay a girl at this point?

zuckerdouche
now we'll focus on making the world a better place for our child and the next generation.
anyone wanna bet that after its born, a whole new family friendlier version of facebook will come about?
August 01, 2015
I don't use Fakebook either. And yeah, family friendly crap is starting to roll out before she even dropped one. It's all downhill from here. I am waiting for a good alternative for a good number of people to switch to. There are alternatives out there, but not many people use them. Will see what happens. Even breeders get tired of other breeders. I personally think Google Plus has a better layout, but, not many people are on it. If there were, I'd use it.
August 01, 2015
Techie
I don't use Fakebook either. And yeah, family friendly crap is starting to roll out before she even dropped one. It's all downhill from here. I am waiting for a good alternative for a good number of people to switch to. There are alternatives out there, but not many people use them. Will see what happens. Even breeders get tired of other breeders. I personally think Google Plus has a better layout, but, not many people are on it. If there were, I'd use it.

I don't really see the point of any of it. To me it's all a haven for narcissists who think that the world needs to see and hear about every piece of minutia that is their lives.

Facebook is simply a result of the rise of the internet, social media, celebrity worship, and reality television, all within a relatively short time frame. I see few benefits of it, and many drawbacks.

Direct from Mark Zuckerberg...
You feel so hopeful when you learn you're going to have a child,... You start imagining who they'll become and dreaming of hopes for their future. You start making plans, and then they're gone. It's a lonely experience. Most people don't discuss miscarriages because you worry your problems will distance you or reflect upon you -- as if you're defective or did something to cause this. So you struggle on your own....

In today's open and connected world, discussing these issues doesn't distance us; it brings us together. It creates understanding and tolerance, and it gives us hope.

I can't help but disagree. Support groups, psychologists, and therapists, have been around for decades. Facebook isn't really about that. It's about attention whoring. People have had miscarriages and countless other tragedies since the dawn of humanity.

The "tolerance" he's talking about is more often than not a one-way street with social media nuts. They have a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that the vast majority of the world doesn't care about their miscarriage, their bad lunch experience at Kentucky Fried Chicken, or whatever other "event" is currently happening in their lives. And so they are mostly complete phonies, pretending to care about each other's trials and tribulations.

Zuckerberg has been hugely successful in convincing millions upon millions of people that it's a great idea to relinquish their identity, contact information, personal information, images of themselves, and in some cases medical information. And all of this in exchange for... NOTHING!

This also implies that those who take a more insular, private approach to life are somehow "intolerant." Sorry but my personal information, photographs, whereabouts, and medical history aren't anyone's business but my own. Unfortunately when I utter these very reasonable preferences to most people, they think that I'm absolutely crazy or ask the very stupid question, "Well what have you got to hide?!?" Which makes me really irritated. :cen

I have no doubts that Zuckerberg's kid is going to be just fine, because he'll be a $gazillionaire by default the moment he's born. But other people who are soon to sprog and are looking to guys like him for inspiration or connectedness or whatever are going to find themselves really disappointed in what this world offers their children in the coming decades.

We've discussed "peak" resources in here before... combine that with an automated society and very few good jobs, and the future doesn't have great prospects.
August 01, 2015
I thought the reason that I'd been seeing all these famblee and pignasty and kyd-related ads on Fakebook was because I'm in CF groups over there and that was FB's way of bingoing me. I'd programmed myself to ignore most of it, in one eye and out the other. But now that I know it was a whole TTC extravaganza the founder was throwing, let me just say that if FB wasn't useful for me in keeping in touch with friends and relatives who live hundreds of miles away, I'd quit it.

The baybee bump is just another accessory in Hollyfuck. Seriously, if you open People magazine, which I normally never do except when there are slim pickings in doctors' offices, you'll see an entire page (right next to he fashion section no less) of how celebritwats are sporting their bloated bellies in four-figure maternity clothes they'll never wear again. Because even if they sprog again, you know by that time some designer will come out with an entirely new maternity line that could easily pay off a new car. Once you reach celebrity status, the pressure to breed is on, and even if you're one of the rare few who's refused for years and even decades, once they think you're beyond breeding age they'll keep prodding with the "Why didn't you breed?" question. I am so, SO glad I live on the other end of the country because I think if I did live there I'd be vomiting daily. And if any of those LA house monsters caught me throwing up at the latest parade of star piggos, they'd try to convince me I was inpig.two faces puking

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
August 01, 2015
I have no interest in Fakebook. If everyone thought like me, Zuckerberg would be broke and flipping burgers somewhere LOL!
August 01, 2015
deegee
I have no interest in Fakebook. If everyone thought like me, Zuckerberg would be broke and flipping burgers somewhere LOL!

Yes, he would be. Aside from the fact that there are so many other platforms that can do the same that Fakebook does. Idea of social media was there before Fakebook. I don't know why so many people flocked towards Fakebook but they sure made Mark full of cash.
August 01, 2015
Once it came up the subject of bingoes and why people are so obsessed with others' reproductive choices, questioning and getting into your private space. Some older people mentioned that it wasn't like that but the last decades have become insufferable at this aspect. I remember that smb. mentioned the rise of social networks and how people put on display their whole life for everybody to see. There is no privacy anymore and people are used to be informed on your little deeds 24/7.

If one takes a look at facebook, you will see just that. I use facebook to keep in contact with friends and family, most of them don't live in the same country as me but i have managed to shape my wall in such a way not to be bothered by some people who post religious/pregnancy/baby crap (which are very few, lucky me). I also have a very small number of friends and i follow lots of groups of my interest (most of the wall is basically news from museums, cultural heritage sites and of the kind) plus thrift shop groups, pet associations, healthy living, agriculture sites, favorite bands. And a Finnish CF group.
August 01, 2015
I use Fakebook for the ssme reasons as blackpearl. Most of our friends and families live on the other side of the world so it helps to keep in contact with them. The groups I belong to are artistic, cultural, or historical groups. I have unsubscribed to the baby posters, and I put them into a group called jerks. All their shit goes there; the religious fundamentalism, the breeder bingoes, fugly baby pictures. It cleaned up my wall nicely.

I also have an account on ello. I made my artsy friends an account on there. It is ad free, and consists mostly of artistic types. I am going to invite my other emails, and make a childfree community on ello under a fake email. PM me if you might be interested, with an email I can use to invite you, as it is invite only.
August 04, 2015
I am not at all surprised that Zuckerberg is breeding. Most people do in the long run.

As for FB...I don't friend people that are drama queens, mindless breeders, etc. I'm picky, and compared to most I have a very, very small friend list. I tend to unfriend the ones who're annoying, with about two exceptions that are hidden from my feed instead. I use FB Purity (google it; it's awesome) and AdBlocker, and between those two add-ons I've pretty much made Facebook my bitch. No ads, and I can eliminate the annoying parts of Facebook I don't wanna see.

Re: miscarriages...I think three miscarriages might not be a big deal, because knowing exactly how many miscarriages have happened is a pretty recent thing. For so long women couldn't tell they were preggers until there was some pretty solid evidence (fetal movement, growing gut, etc). Then later on, pregnancy tests came along, but you had to go to a doctor's office. So they could tell sometimes. Then the home tests came along. Then the home tests got pretty damn accurate. So it's not that women are losing more fetuses (fetii?); it's that they actually KNOW what's happening. Without tests, etc a lot of pregnancies are lost and the woman didn't even know she was preggers. Miscarriages are a big deal now because we MADE them a big deal. It's stupid.
August 04, 2015
randomcfchick
Re: miscarriages...I think three miscarriages might not be a big deal, because knowing exactly how many miscarriages have happened is a pretty recent thing. For so long women couldn't tell they were preggers until there was some pretty solid evidence (fetal movement, growing gut, etc). Then later on, pregnancy tests came along, but you had to go to a doctor's office. So they could tell sometimes. Then the home tests came along. Then the home tests got pretty damn accurate. So it's not that women are losing more fetuses (fetii?); it's that they actually KNOW what's happening. Without tests, etc a lot of pregnancies are lost and the woman didn't even know she was preggers. Miscarriages are a big deal now because we MADE them a big deal. It's stupid.

I agree with this. I've always wondered why miscarriages are such a BFD when one could happen and the woman just thinks its her period. It doesn't help that the testing happens earlier and earlier; women find out they're pregnant when they're less than a month along when before, they didn't find out until 6-8 weeks post-conception. By 12 weeks, the window for a miscarriage significantly narrows, so any miscarriage that happened after that was obvious.

It also doesn't help that TTC (=trying to conceive) is such a thing now. Women are obsessively studying their ovulation phases, fertility cycles, cervical mucus, and scheduling sex as if it were a chore rather than a spontaneous expression of love and sexual desire.

I just don't get it. The only reason I'm even aware of my ovulation phase is because it causes excruciating pain.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 04, 2015
I refuse to give my real name on FB. The account is in my cat's name and somehow her age got listed as 109 years old (well I guess that could be true, in cat years).

I rarely use FB, mostly if I need to contact a company, sometimes it's easier to reach out to them on their FB page. I'll also go on to check in with relatives or friends that don't live near me.

I don't know, FB just seems like a big cluster *uck to me.

Thanks, Randomcfchick, for the add-on info. I use Firefox and just installed it.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
August 05, 2015
Techie

I wanted to write a review of an Android app on Playstore, but it required I have a Google+ so I created one. Haven't made any friends on it yet, but it might be fun to explore.

I saw Facebook is now requiring a mobile phone number and in some cases a copy of your government issued ID to get in. In fact, they've booted some people over questionable names, even if they show their government ID. They claim they don't keep copies of the IDs but with Facebook, I'm not so sure. If that got leaked, who knows what would happen?
August 05, 2015
Peace
I use Fakebook for the ssme reasons as blackpearl. Most of our friends and families live on the other side of the world so it helps to keep in contact with them. The groups I belong to are artistic, cultural, or historical groups. I have unsubscribed to the baby posters, and I put them into a group called jerks. All their shit goes there; the religious fundamentalism, the breeder bingoes, fugly baby pictures. It cleaned up my wall nicely.

I also have an account on ello. I made my artsy friends an account on there. It is ad free, and consists mostly of artistic types. I am going to invite my other emails, and make a childfree community on ello under a fake email. PM me if you might be interested, with an email I can use to invite you, as it is invite only.

I've made an account on Ello and have started to explore it. If it wants to make money, it won't stay ad free forever, but it does look kind of cool. I'd be interested in such a community and will PM you later.
August 05, 2015
JohnDrake

I saw Facebook is now requiring a mobile phone number and in some cases a copy of your government issued ID to get in. In fact, they've booted some people over questionable names, even if they show their government ID. They claim they don't keep copies of the IDs but with Facebook, I'm not so sure. If that got leaked, who knows what would happen?

Interesting. My account has minimal info, and they sure as hell don't have my phone number or gov't ID. It used to pop up nagging questions about my "incomplete" profile, but I disabled that via FB Purity. Clearly they didn't NEED that info, as my account functions just fine. I'm willing to bet they try to make it sound like it's a good idea for security, convenience, etc when actually it's more data to mine.
August 05, 2015
randomcfchick
JohnDrake

Interesting. My account has minimal info, and they sure as hell don't have my phone number or gov't ID. It used to pop up nagging questions about my "incomplete" profile, but I disabled that via FB Purity. Clearly they didn't NEED that info, as my account functions just fine. I'm willing to bet they try to make it sound like it's a good idea for security, convenience, etc when actually it's more data to mine.

There are articles on the web about how Facebook is demanding government issued IDs from users because they suspect the person's name isn't real and if it's not provided, the account is disabled. Some claim to have scanned and sent them ID and still they don't reactivate the accounts. I tried to create an account recently and after getting past the mobile phone requirement, they required I send them a scan of government issued ID for security reasons. I decided not to do that. I have multiple pieces of government issues ID, driver's license, passport, and a passport card, but I don't want to send them in.

I guess I'll be staying off Facebook then.
August 05, 2015
Government issued ID for Fakebook? I hope enough people don't agree where Fakebook stops this nonsense.
August 05, 2015
I use Facebook and I don't really care about the government ID thing because they didn't ask for it from me as well as the fact that nobody has to use Facebook. I also don't care if whatever the Facebook founder's name is breeds as long as he pays for and parents his offspring.
I don't really get his whole blathering about miscarriages but I don't get men who grieve over things that have no impact on them. As far as him bailing, well if he didn't want a kid he should wrap it up or get a vasectomy. It isn't like he can't afford a vasectomy out of pocket if insurance won't pay.
August 05, 2015
Evilchildlessbitch: I think Mark was looking for fame - he already has money. Complaining about miscarriages is mostly attention whoring, which is what Fakebook is really all about.
August 05, 2015
Techie
Evilchildlessbitch: I think Mark was looking for fame - he already has money. Complaining about miscarriages is mostly attention whoring, which is what Fakebook is really all about.
I don't doubt this at all. I just don't care, just like I didn't care about Trump when he was just an attention whore. Now he is a racist asshole who wants to use his cash to run for the highest executive office in the US I do care. As a result, I will be skipping a comedian whose act I have wanted to see for over 3 years because it is at a Trump owned facility and I refuse to finance his campaign.
As long as Mark whatever his last name is only wants to attention whore then he is no different to me than any other Hollywood star or public figure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login