Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mom writes survival book for snowflake living on wings and beer

Posted by Rose Red 
Mom writes survival book for snowflake living on wings and beer
September 03, 2008
http://www.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/story.html?id=e3e8fd70-c5eb-4774-b928-716543dcfc09
Re: Mom writes survival book for snowflake living on wings and beer
September 03, 2008
It's a sad state of affairs when there is a market for this book. I dont care HOW busy they were doing homework or whatever, there is the day to day life where they COULD have been taught how to clean a toilet or the use of a cookie sheet. This is happening because their mothers did everything for them and for no other reason. Combine that with the fact that they are lazy and not too smart, and you have GROWN MEN who get scurvy caused by malnutrition, ignorance, and sheer unadulterated lazines. This is in the UK too, it's even worse in The United States. It's one of the main reasons welfare whores can't live on their $600 welfare food debit cards each month. They don't know how to cook and spend the vast majority of their money in less than two weeks on expensive JUNK food, rather than actually cook a meatloaf or some spaghetti. If it can't be placed in one fell swoop into a microwave, then they don't understand.
September 03, 2008
The AUTHOR's son got scurvy, and she's a capable parent?! Huh? Isn't teaching your kid about food and nutrition part of the deal? Yeah, I know college kids in general eat less than perfectly, and in college I got the freshman 15, too, but at least I knew how to eat reasonably healthily! Enough to not get scurvy!

The blind leading the blind.
September 03, 2008
I posted a comment.

How pathetic, I'd be ashamed of myself if I actually had the life experience to write that book. What a waste of oxygen, the author and her whole famblee.

Both women have failed miserably at parenthood.

In this book priorities = coddling.
September 03, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posted a comment.
>
> How pathetic, I'd be ashamed of myself if I
> actually had the life experience to write that
> book. What a waste of oxygen, the author and her
> whole famblee.
>
> Both women have failed miserably at parenthood.
>
> In this book priorities = coddling.

I posted a comment too, but it hasn't been "approved" yet. Which one is yours, matt k?
I left a comment also.
September 03, 2008
me too.
September 03, 2008
I don't know if any of your comments are showing yet, but the ones that are already there are AWESOME.

How to wipe your ass? How to boil water? That's not something you learn, that's common sense. In my book, lack of common sense = stupidity. Maybe these dipshits will wander out in front of a car and darwinize themselves. After all, nobody taught them not to, right?
September 03, 2008
"It takes time to teach them how to cook. It takes time to teach them how to properly clean the bedroom. None of us really have that time."

For fuck's sake! It takes maybe half an hour, maximum, to show someone how to do the basics!

This is just piss-poor parenting at work... The future is doomed. :|
September 03, 2008
Scurvy? Are you fucking kidding me? What is he, a pirate? Jeebus.
September 03, 2008
I left a comment too, but it probably won't show up for a while.

But wow...talk about pathetic. I was sheltered and not taught shit my whole life, but I can still do basic things for doG's sake. I can bake, cook simple meals without burning the house down, clean, boil water, and how to wipe my ass. It's not cute that teenagers and grown men and women are lacking in these skills -- it's downright frightening. These people will probably end up with their own class in the DSM and will probably need to either have caregivers or live in group homes because they have absolutely no idea how to take care of themselves.

They aren't going to even know what to do when Momma and Daddy are dead, because they never learned how to do anything for themselves. They'll go insane.
September 03, 2008
Not to be too pedantic, but as has been said before in similar contexts, if the scurvy had popped up in the children of a very poor family in Appalachia or the deep South or super-rural Michigan, CPS probably would have whisked those kids into foster care in a heartbeat. It's a pity those poor parents didn't think of writing books about their sons' nutritional deficits.
September 04, 2008
I'm so glad I was raised by normal parents and not these over-indulgent neurotic yuppies. I was a college-bound student in a fair amount of activities, but was taught to sew, bake, cook, vacuum, clean a bathroom, wash a car, dust, do dishes, etc. I cleaned my own bedroom from a young age, mainly because I didn't want my mom snooping through my stuff LOL.

It's scary how commonplace this lack of self-reliance is in today's young adults.
September 04, 2008
Jebus, it's not even TEACHING, it's just having your kids around to observe you doing things, and encouraging their age-appropriate participation. I mean, my mom never sat me down and said "this is a cookie sheet", I sat in the kitchen, watched her use it and figured it out. I never learned what a TSP was, but when I was old enough, my mom let me measure the ingredients and that's how I know. What'd she do, keep her kid in the basement for 18 years?

"Zarzour said it's partly Baby Boomer parents and partly the society we live in that's to blame"
Really? Society is partially to blame for your complete ineptitude as a parent? How exactly? Because as far as I can see, you CHOSE to cater to your child's every whim. You CHOSE to prioritize your child's extracurricular activities over teaching them common sense. And you're more adult and responsible than CF's how, exactly? And how does not being able to say no to a child make you a better person than a person who says not to HAVING a child they don't want?
What a steaming load of bullshit, the authors, their children and any fertile relations should be sterilized now, because the rest of society is already going to have to deal with their coddled asses. Fuckers.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 04, 2008
I see my comment was never approved. It wasn't harsh, it was truthful.

The board moderator is probably a breeder. Fuck them.
September 04, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see my comment was never approved. It wasn't
> harsh, it was truthful.
>
> The board moderator is probably a breeder. Fuck
> them.

Don't you love being censored?
This is a book on You Fail At Life.
I agree with one of the comments - if you don't know what tsp means in a cookbook at college-age, and don't know about vacuum cleaner bags, you're a retard and should darwinise yourself out of existence asap. (they probably wouldn't know what asap means either).
If this is the new generation, then in the words of H. Simpson,
"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"
September 04, 2008
My comment was never approved either and it was rather mild, I thought. I noticed there have been NO additional comments approved since I first read it so I am guessing that there were lots of negative comments which they didn't expect, or maybe they have lazy editors. I wasn't specifically "taught" all of the crap they are peddling in that book, but rather learned through observation or through my own curiosity by reading or asking questions. I can't imagine going through life not knowing simple, common, every day basics of living like how to make a simple meal, put antiseptic on a cut, or wipe from front to back. I wonder what the one with Scurvy is majoring in? I hope it's not a health related field.
I really feel bad for that kid. Some of my best memories from childhood are of hanging out with my mom or one of my grandmothers in the kitchen, or in the garden. Hell, even my dad taught me how to make a mean grilled cheese sandwich. As Feh said, it really shows that people just do not spend ANY TIME with their kids at all.

And I'm also having trouble grasping SuperMom's train of thought here...

1. Realize you are a total failure at raising a decent human being who will contribute to society
2. Commiserate with other mothers who are also total failures
3. Write book detailing your shittiness so the whole world will know about your massive inability to pass on even the most basic knowledge to your offspring (ass-wiping? are you serious?)
4. ??????
5. Profit!
September 04, 2008
My comment wasn't approved either.

Y'know, people who have the courage of their convictions aren't afraid of dissenting voices.

It's only people who know, but hypocritically won't admit, that their belief is shaky who must therefore try to quiet anyone who might expose that.

Craven cowards.
September 05, 2008
Surprise of surprises...my comment didn't get approved either.
September 05, 2008
If they are so in the right, why are they afraid of our voices?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login