Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-spam warning

Posted by LoveToLurk 
Anti-spam warning
September 03, 2008
Does anyone else ever get this big red error message when they try to post?

Anti-spam software on this server has detected that your message might be spam. You are still allowed to post this message, but it will not be visible in the forums until a moderator approves it. You can now try to re-submit your posting.

I've been getting it all the time lately, and it's a real pain in the butt because I type all this stuff but then it never gets posted. I'm starting to get really annoyed with this. What triggers a message as spam?
Re: Anti-spam warning
September 03, 2008
Here is what you do.

Hit Reply and type a dot.

Enter the anti-spam code. You might have to give the system your pw. If you get the red message, just re-do it. Then go to the thread and edit your reply into the message. Make sure you copy your message to the clipboard just in case.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
deegee
September 03, 2008
I have been getting that warning a few times lately, too. Here is what I do.

First, before I even hit "Post" or "Preview" I highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard, as poofy suggested. Next, if I get the message and the typing box ends up blank, I paste the message back and I change ONE character, perhaps adding a blank space somewhere. This prevents the "repeated message" warning I get if the spam warning does appear after I pasted the original text and new spam code. This always works like a charm. smiling smiley
September 03, 2008
I get it too...I just copy the reply I wanted to post, go back to the forum list, re-select the topic I was reading, and paste my copied reply; doesn't take long.
September 03, 2008
I got it twice and figured out it was because I was listening to music on Real or Media Player at the same time. If you have another window or program connected to the internet, it doesn't recognize your IP or something and reads you as spam. I closed it and everything was back to normal.
September 03, 2008
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to try them next time it happens.

I have tried backing all the way out of the message and then re-selecting the topic and cutting and pasting my post, and sometimes it works, sometimes not. It's just a pain sometimes!
bratBgone
September 03, 2008
It happens to me at least once a day. If I'm doing a long post I'll type it on Word and paste it on here.
September 04, 2008
This has been happening to me too, and I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Thanks for the good ideas.
September 04, 2008
LoveToLurk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I have tried backing all the way out of the
> message and then re-selecting the topic and
> cutting and pasting my post, and sometimes it
> works, sometimes not. It's just a pain sometimes!

That is why I started doing the thing with the dot then editing my message into it. Once it accepts your message, you don't have to put in the CAPTCHA in order to edit it. All you need to do is put your pw, maybe.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

October 03, 2008
Here is the thread so we don't have to repeat ourselves. It would be groovy if we could make this a sticky...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login