Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Words as sprog names

Posted by cfdavep 
Words as sprog names
August 19, 2015
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/08/18/crazy-words-baby-names-arrow-afternoon/31904269/

Check out number #9
Re: Words as sprog names
August 19, 2015
waving hellolarious

I can just imagine how introductions would go. "Hi, I'm Awesome/Majestic/Handsome/Wise" And what if "Captain" becomes a captain? Does that make him "Captain Captain dumblastname"
As for #9, I think it should be eliminated from the baby name lexicon.
And #10 just makes me think about the video game.
The website that article linked to included the name "Gamble", so I bet the Moo and Duh played birth control roulette. That website also featured Harsh, Ruckus, Mayhem, Furious, and Rage. Which are all great names for kids, and will in no way impede their abilities to get jobs in the future.sarcastic clapping smile rolling left righteyes2

"There’s a legion of tough new names on the march, and Harsh, used for 18 boys last year, is one of the, well, harshest. There were also eight boys named Ruckus, six named Mayhem, five named Furious and another five called Rage. When it's not an English word name, Harsh is a Sanskrit name meaning joy."
Also THIS: "Indica was used as a name for 26 baby girls last year, while Sativa was given to 14 girls. Interestingly, no baby girls were named Marijuana, which is an actual name. Lest you worry the boys were left out, six baby boys were name Kilo." waving hellolarious

Also I can't imagine any of the 12 boys given the name "Master" last year are going to turn out well, though they won't be as bad as the 28 boys named "Jihad". saying 'wtf'
August 19, 2015
artemis

The website that article linked to included the name "Gamble", so I bet the Moo and Duh played birth control roulette. That website also featured Harsh, Ruckus, Mayhem, Furious, and Rage. Which are all great names for kids, and will in no way impede their abilities to get jobs in the future.sarcastic clapping smile rolling left righteyes2

How about if they're ever accused of a crime and have to appear before a judge and jury?

These names aren't going to elicit much sympathy from the prosecutors or jurors.
August 19, 2015
Robert Rodriguez's sons are named Rocket, Racer, Rebel, and Rogue. :headbrick

A very classy-looking, professional saleswoman who helped me in a store once had the misfortune of being named Precious. (I bet people gave her hell when that movie came out!)

Until last week I worked with a girl named Treasure.

Parents, here's a tip: Before selecting a name for your kyd, ask yourselves, "How will this name look on a resume?" If the answer is "hilarious," pick something else.
August 20, 2015
artemis
waving hellolarious

I can just imagine how introductions would go. "Hi, I'm Awesome/Majestic/Handsome/Wise" And what if "Captain" becomes a captain? Does that make him "Captain Captain dumblastname"

"There’s a legion of tough new names on the march, and Harsh, used for 18 boys last year, is one of the, well, harshest. There were also eight boys named Ruckus, six named Mayhem, five named Furious and another five called Rage. When it's not an English word name, Harsh is a Sanskrit name meaning joy."
Also THIS: "Indica was used as a name for 26 baby girls last year, while Sativa was given to 14 girls. Interestingly, no baby girls were named Marijuana, which is an actual name. Lest you worry the boys were left out, six baby boys were name Kilo." waving hellolarious

Also I can't imagine any of the 12 boys given the name "Master" last year are going to turn out well, though they won't be as bad as the 28 boys named "Jihad". saying 'wtf'

The name Master would be hilarious if the brat's last name happened to be Bates!
August 20, 2015
videogamesforeverkidsnever
artemis
waving hellolarious

The name Master would be hilarious if the brat's last name happened to be Bates!

Then he could open a fishing tackle and boat shop

Just taking after the Puritans

It would be interesting to know why someone named their kid "Fly-fornication"
August 20, 2015
Some of the names I've had to put on birth certificates or have seen in the hospital:

Da Finest Blackmon
A. Leana
Justice Peace
Pope John
Zoom Dash
Precious Armani
Nevah (pronounced Never) Mah'Angel
ESPN Montan (heard from the clerk at another hospital)

I wanted to ask some of these women if I should come back when the drugs wear off smile rolling left righteyes2
August 23, 2015
artemis
waving hellolarious

I might appreciate Captain Captain because I'd see it as a homage to Catch-22, which has a Major Major.
August 24, 2015
Zoom Dash......I hope his mum got him a crash helmet!
August 24, 2015
Dorisan

They didn't give a flying fuck about it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
August 24, 2015

Harsh, Ruckus, Mayhem, Furious, and Rage

"Hey, baby, let's just name 'em after the pack of fightin' dawgs we keep chained in the backyard!"
August 24, 2015
Dorisan

Here are some names from my family tree: Deliverance; grandma, mother, and daughter all named Experience; and Mercy. I'm working on my family tree right now collecting records.
August 28, 2015
How about requiring first names for brats to follow the truth in advertising laws?

Imagine these:

1) Fucking Nuisance Smith
2) Crybaby Asshole Jones
3) Stinks Like Horseshit Hamilton
4) Backseat of the Chevy Peterson
5) Why The Fuck Did I Get Drunk That Night O'Reilly
August 28, 2015
Cfbitchfromla~

You owe me a keyboard!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
August 29, 2015
I have seen some pretty awesome names, courtesy of my gaming hobby.

Raziel and Melchiah are two examples that, if I'm correct, are Hebrew (Jewish?) in origin.

If I was crazy enough to actually have a snot miner extraordinaire, I'd name it something neat, but then the poor thing would possibly get teased.

I recall a story about a young female brat whose parents gave her Aryan Nation as a middle name.
August 29, 2015
Since most historic names have a meaning, there must have been some time in the past when people named their kids with common words. Lucky for us, the language evolved so you're more likely to meet someone named 'Elizabeth' than 'Oath of God'. Sadly, people didn't evolve, so now we're getting a whole new round of common words as names.

I propose the name Someday-this-name-will-sound-normal-when-the-language-evolves-so-the-meaning-is-lost,-but-that-won't-be-in-lifetime-of-the-unlucky-bearer-of-this-name.
August 29, 2015
On a flight two weeks ago the brat behind me was named Trendy, I know this because the moo was narrating everything the flight crew did.

Went to the state fair yesterday and there was a stand selling airbrushed shirts, some of the examples had names like Sterling, Mason, and Twilight. saying 'wtf'
August 29, 2015
I know a kid called Galahad and I have to try hard not to laugh every time I see him. Parents are PNB though.
August 29, 2015
I once had the misfortune to meet a chatty divorced at the laundromat (I was so happy to get a washer and dryer) who had drug his feral brood of four in during his every other weekend visit who was quite proud to tell me their names were Chevy, Ranger, Mercedes and Lexus (first 2 names were boys, last two were girls).
August 29, 2015
evilchildlessbitch
I once had the misfortune to meet a chatty divorced at the laundromat (I was so happy to get a washer and dryer) who had drug his feral brood of four in during his every other weekend visit who was quite proud to tell me their names were Chevy, Ranger, Mercedes and Lexus (first 2 names were boys, last two were girls).

The only one in that list that wouldn't stand out is Mercedes and that's because it's a popular girl's name in Spain and Latin America.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 30, 2015
I used to shop at a branch of TK Maxx where one of the staff was called Armani... it was pretty bleak hearing staff announcements like "Could Armani please go to checkout number 3" and imagining how disappointed his parents must have been with him for not meeting their aspirations. I like TK Maxx and I'm no snob but still, poor sod...
August 31, 2015
I mentioned this on in the kreative names thread, but a couple of week ago or so I saw an employee list at the local DQ (it was tacked up on the wall behind the register). One poor person's (I'm assuming a guy, but hell you never know now) name was Putt.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous User
August 31, 2015
The puritans and the Victorians liked names that were also qualities:

Faith. Hope.Charity.Chastity.Prudence.Patience. Mercy. Joy. And I guess Ernest.

Then there's the "common noun as first name", also big in the 19th century, especially for plants and minerals:

Rose. Daisy. Basil(e). Beryl.Garnet.Opal.Pearl.Ruby.

Any of those names, while old fashioned, would at least be better than the names parents are saddling their children with these days...It's like parents breeders think their progeny will be armloaves forever, so it's perfectly OK to give the kid a name that will look really stupid on a resume : Tallulah Does The Hula From Hawaii, seriously? If I was the girl subjected to that, I'd cut my parents out of my life and legally change my name on my 18th birthday.

On reddit, there's substantial overlap between r/childfree and r/raisedbynarcissists. I suspect there's also overlap between narcissists and people who think having a kid=an opportunity to give the kid a name to make other parents chuckle appreciatively when they hear it: Pilot Inspektor,anyone?
August 31, 2015
While I'm not a Julia Roberts fan by any means, I did not understand the shit she got for naming her twins Hazel and Phineas. Yeah, super old-fashioned names, but a damn sight better than her what her Hollywood peers are naming their respective children: Moxie Crimefighter, Justice Jay, Audioscience, Blue Ivy (granted, Ivy is a nice name), North West, Apple, Brooklyn, and so on.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login