Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos upset at duh's bike obsession

Posted by cfdavep 
Re: Moos upset at duh's bike obsession
October 15, 2015
pitbullgirl1965
selidororous
I'll probably take a lot of flack for saying this, but...

Married men are more likely to have real hobbies and interests than their wives do.

Meanwhile, the wives - who are usually Moos - want to include their husband is every single little fucking activity they engage in.

Activities that, well, men really do not want to be a part of.

Like:

Shopping
Tea and petite-fours for lunch

ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, the husbands want to spend time watching sports on tv (which is fine; it's a guy thing), bikes, fishing, whatever.

The vast majority of married men do not want to be turned into women and be their wives' best girlfriend.

No wonder the divorce rate is so high in the United States.

Way to stereotype men and women. This is the same mindset that says women all want marriage and babies and men are just lovable shlubs who need a wife/mommy figure to correct them.

I get what you're saying PitBull, but I tend to agree that a higher percentage of women ditch their hobbies once they get married/have babies. Just looking around at a random sampling of my friends, and I see that before marriage, none of them had any hobbies that were of any merit. Drinking and the occasional crafting don't count. Personally, I have lots of hobbies that include cycling and hiking and shit, things I don't want to give up, but guess what, I'm not married. Probably because I haven't yet found a guy that didn't want me to quit my job to follow his career around and shit out babies. I think most of us here at Bratfree are the exception to the rule, and we take additional care in our romantic relationships to maintain balance.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2015
starbelly
pitbullgirl1965
selidororous

Married men are more likely to have real hobbies and interests than their wives do.

Meanwhile, the wives - who are usually Moos - want to include their husband is every single little fucking activity they engage in.

Like:

Shopping

ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, the husbands want to spend time watching sports on tv (which is fine; it's a guy thing), bikes, fishing, whatever.

The vast majority of married men do not want to be turned into women and be their wives' best girlfriend.

Way to stereotype men and women. This is the same mindset that says women all want marriage and babies and men are just lovable shlubs who need a wife/mommy figure to correct them.

I get what you're saying PitBull, but I tend to agree that a higher percentage of women ditch their hobbies once they get married/have babies. Just looking around at a random sampling of my friends, and I see that before marriage, none of them had any hobbies that were of any merit. Drinking and the occasional crafting don't count. Personally, I have lots of hobbies that include cycling and hiking and shit, things I don't want to give up, but guess what, I'm not married. Probably because I haven't yet found a guy that didn't want me to quit my job to follow his career around and shit out babies. I think most of us here at Bratfree are the exception to the rule, and we take additional care in our romantic relationships to maintain balance.

That reminds me of something I read always on the always-loathsome reddit's red pill : This thing opined that women are "quasi humans" who have no interests or hobbies at all : That women only pretend to have hobbies because they think this will make them more attractive to 'alpha men' . It further went on to opine that women never have intellectual passions; that even when they get a ph.d , it's solely to be able to attract a better mate. (It should come as no surprise that redpillers also believe that all women want children).

I thought that was the single stupidest thing I'd ever read on the redpill ( and Lord knows there's been lots of contenders for that title), because of course I have a ton of hobbies, some of them weird or arcane , none of them of much interest to some composite entity called 'men' or 'alphas', and all the women I know have at least one or two hobbies and passions. But maybe that redpill-thing was honestly reporting what it sees in its social circle: Women with no hobbies and no interests at all, outside of being a wifeanmother. And so it extrapolated from this to believing that all women are innately incapable of intellectual pursuits and hobbies solely for their own sakes or the pure pleasure they afford.

It did get a lot of upvotes for its bloviation, and that's not the first time at all that I've seen crap like that on the redpill or other sites in the so called manosphere.Hell, John Norman opined in one of his craptacular 1980s Gor novels that women just pretended to have an interests in classical literature to get attention from men : Bear in mind that John Norman is the pseudonym for a college professor, and he must been thinking about his own female students when he was writing that. Who knows how this belief of his came into play when he was determining his female students' grades...

(Maybe a little OT, but if there is a fairly large contingent of men out there who really and truly believe that every single thing women do-what they wear, what they get a degree in, everything-is solely in order to get male attention, then that might explain why some men like to pester women who read books in public (try to read, anyway...). After all, she can't really be interested in that book, she must just be pretending to read it so A Man will see the book and come over and talk to her...It might even explain why there apparently are men out there who feel perfectly free to remove a strange woman's earbuds from her ears if SHE'S trying to listen to music but HE want to talk to her. I find it hard to believe that entitlement could be taken to such an extreme, but apparently, judging from what I've read online, this is not a rare occurence at all, to women who dare to listen to music while in public!)
October 17, 2015
The only thing I've learned as a woman in my 40+ years on Earth is that you can never win, so I don't even play the game.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 17, 2015
Maybe the reason women don't indulge in hobbies as much as men do has something to do with the fact that as a class we make 77 cents to their dollar, which just might have an effect on what we can afford to do. Or maybe it could be that women are expected to do all the daily housekeeping chores and take care of everyone in their family. Or even that women face a lot of safety issues that men don't.

Nah, it must be that women just don't like hobbies.
October 17, 2015
ex lurker
starbelly
pitbullgirl1965
selidororous

Like:

Shopping

ad nauseum.

That reminds me of something I read always on the always-loathsome reddit's red pill : This thing opined that women are "quasi humans" who have no interests or hobbies at all : That women only pretend to have hobbies because they think this will make them more attractive to 'alpha men' . It further went on to opine that women never have intellectual passions; that even when they get a ph.d , it's solely to be able to attract a better mate. (It should come as no surprise that redpillers also believe that all women want children).

I thought that was the single stupidest thing I'd ever read on the redpill ( and Lord knows there's been lots of contenders for that title), because of course I have a ton of hobbies, some of them weird or arcane , none of them of much interest to some composite entity called 'men' or 'alphas', and all the women I know have at least one or two hobbies and passions. But maybe that redpill-thing was honestly reporting what it sees in its social circle: Women with no hobbies and no interests at all, outside of being a wifeanmother. And so it extrapolated from this to believing that all women are innately incapable of intellectual pursuits and hobbies solely for their own sakes or the pure pleasure they afford.

It did get a lot of upvotes for its bloviation, and that's not the first time at all that I've seen crap like that on the redpill or other sites in the so called manosphere.Hell, John Norman opined in one of his craptacular 1980s Gor novels that women just pretended to have an interests in classical literature to get attention from men : Bear in mind that John Norman is the pseudonym for a college professor, and he must been thinking about his own female students when he was writing that. Who knows how this belief of his came into play when he was determining his female students' grades...

(Maybe a little OT, but if there is a fairly large contingent of men out there who really and truly believe that every single thing women do-what they wear, what they get a degree in, everything-is solely in order to get male attention, then that might explain why some men like to pester women who read books in public (try to read, anyway...). After all, she can't really be interested in that book, she must just be pretending to read it so A Man will see the book and come over and talk to her...It might even explain why there apparently are men out there who feel perfectly free to remove a strange woman's earbuds from her ears if SHE'S trying to listen to music but HE want to talk to her. I find it hard to believe that entitlement could be taken to such an extreme, but apparently, judging from what I've read online, this is not a rare occurence at all, to women who dare to listen to music while in public!)

So what if the husband thinks his wife's hobbies are stupid? Who determines what a "real" hobby is anyway. If the husband expects the wife to participate in his hobbies he needs to participate in hers. He also does not need to be dumping childcare so he can go off to play with his guy friends. As I said earlier, people with hobbies they are addicted to need to stay single and unbres. That way, they can indulge in their addiction all they want without impacting other people.
October 17, 2015
I was just reading ex-lurkers post and something rang a bell. When I was looking for a mountain bike, DH and I went to all the bike shops. There is one guy who inherited a bike shop from his grandfather around here. The guy is an ex druggie/alcoholic and has about five kids from different moos. I went to look at bikes and the guy tried to sell me a girly bike, so I asked for unisex or mens and he wouldn't have it. He insisted there are only men's bike and women's bike and never shall the two cross each other. He even stated that a certain bike in the shop "matched my clothing" I was talking to this guy who used to work for him and the guy told me that the bike shop dude is a sexist pig.

A girl went into his shop years ago and asked for a commuting bike to get back and forth to classes and then asked for a rack for her books. He tried to sell her a pink bike basket with flowers on it. The girl was offended and left without buying the bike, so he calls her a "cunt" after she was out of ear shot. Shopping for a bike was a real eye opener. Mountain and racing bikes are considered hobbies that guys get into when they are REALLY young or middle aged dudes trying to get away from the moos and kiddies. Since the dude had idiot women willing to birth his nasty sprogs I did think that maybe he saw all women like the moos he was involved with.
October 19, 2015
Miss_Hannigan
The only thing I've learned as a woman in my 40+ years on Earth is that you can never win, so I don't even play the game.
50 years old here, fully agree. God, I hate gender stereotypes so very much though.
Stupid bigoted society with it's various "isms"
I want a post racist, sexist society NOW

Evan Davis
October 19, 2015
randomcfchick
Techie

I personally cannot say that married or single men have more or less hobbies, depending on their marriage status. What I did notice is that married men must often "report to control tower" before they are allowed to go anywhere or do anything with other men, even if it is something like going to a bar after work for an hour. The "control tower" often gets really upset and the "request" is often not granted.

Yeah, my husband noticed that at his workplace, too. He'd call me during lunch and say, "I'm going to get a beer with some co-workers after work." and most of the time I'd say something like "All righty. You gonna get dinner there, too? I'm eating at sevenish." Apparently some of the guys were stunned that he "had it that easy". I didn't think that respecting my husband's social times qualified me as the "cool wife". But apparently the capper was that that I didn't mind that the co-worker group often included women. Apparently female friends are not allowed anymore for some guys.

I find all these dynamics super weird too. My partner's friends think he has it very easy with me - the only thing I ask is that he doesn't do idiotic shit any more like he used to when he was younger that I have to bail him out of (cracked his head open on a stag weekend, couple of alcoholic poisoning incidents, got arrested for being drunk in the street abroad again on a stag do, lost his phone/wallet, etc). OH's mates are all hard drinkers, but most of them are now married with at least one baybee and if not more than one, a wife who's already planning baybee number two. If they ever go out, it's like seeing dogs let off the leash. They have to get "permission" and they have to pay the price afterwards with extra housework or kyd duties, but they go hell for leather. OH has calmed down in the last couple of years, whereas his mates have if anything got worse - the nights out are crazier now than they ever were because they get let out so infrequently.

Obviously I'd be pissed off if OH blew our plans off to go get pissed with his mates, but if we've got nothing on and he texts me and says "hey hun, off for a few drinks after work" it doesn't bother me. I know he wouldn't mind if I decided I wanted to come for a few beers - occasionally I will, but mostly I don't as he needs time with his bloke friends. He wouldn't want to come on a girls' night out with me and my friends, after all.

There do seem to be a lot of women who fail to understand that their partner/husband is a separate entity, as are they. I couldn't live like that - if my OH started trying to dictate to me how often I was allowed to go out, who with and when I had to be back, I'd be bailing VERY quickly.
October 20, 2015
yummynotmummy
There do seem to be a lot of women who fail to understand that their partner/husband is a separate entity, as are they. I couldn't live like that - if my OH started trying to dictate to me how often I was allowed to go out, who with and when I had to be back, I'd be bailing VERY quickly.

I do expect someone to be considerate of effort I might have already put in to creating a meal, and to respect that I don't like the house invaded by guests unless I'm prepared for it. But I do not expect to have a veto option over plans made a few days in advance, which leave me ample time to make my own plans. And vice versa, of course. I see this as the difference between communication between partners and consideration of the other person, versus the parental/child relationship where permission is granted or denied/requested.
October 21, 2015
Exactly.
I live my life and DH lives his.
It is more complicated now that we live a thousand miles apart but pretty much the same deal.
When I'm up at the shore condo I like to surf, bike and hang out at beach bars.
I try it go during the day but if not he doesn't care as long as we don't have plans.
If we have plans, I am home and ready to go on time.
I schedule my hobbies around my relationships.
If other people want to do so, that is their issue.
Regardless, people with obsessive hobbies should not breed.
October 25, 2015
A recent episode of Don't Tell The Bride featured a groom who planned a survivalist-themed wedding on a remote Scottish island. He claimed he'd become interesting in survivalism after his bride-to-be nearly died giving birth to their first sprog after a 50-hour labour: "I think I got interested in survivalism because of what happened to her"- yeah, right. Funny that someone might take up a hobby which takes them miles away from their partner and child for days on end, and takes it up the second they have a screaming baby around the house, eh? winking smiley
October 25, 2015
How does a 50hr. labor and delivery inspire survivalism? Was she stranded in the desert or lost in the tundra and ended up going into labor and having to deliver out in open nature with no access to a hospital or anybody who would know what to do medically? Because if not, that's a specious excuse and a treacly one to appease the majority and get away with a hobby that occupies a lot of time and creates distance.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login