Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leading causes of death in children

Posted by kidlesskim 
Leading causes of death in children
September 07, 2008
"Leading causes of death in the United States - kids

The top two causes, Unintentional injury (accidents), Malignant Neoplasms (cancer), and Congenital Anomalies (abnormality at birth) accounted for more than half (63.35 percent) of all deaths among kids (ages 5 through 9) in 2002. Note that automobile accident is the number one cause of death in this age group, accounting for about 21%.

Top 20 Causes of Death - Kids (5 - 9)
Rank Cause of Death Total Deaths No of Deaths Percent
All Deaths 3018 3018 100.00%
1 Unintentional Injury 1176 38.97%
* Mohor Vehicle Traffic 621 20.58%
* Drowning 159 5.27%
* Fire/burn 153 5.07%
* Suffocation 40 1.33%
* Other Land Transport 33 1.09%
* Pedestrian, Other 27 0.89%
* Struck by or Against 20 0.66%
* Unspecified 20 0.66%
* Fall 18 0.60%
* Other Spec., classifiable 17 0.56%
* Poisoning 15 0.50%
* Firearm 14 0.46%
* Other Transport 12 0.40%
* Other Spec., NEC 8 0.27%
* Natural/ Environment 7 0.23%
* Machinery 6 0.20%
* Pedal cyclist, Other 4 0.13%
* Cut/pierce 2 0.07%
2 Malignant Neoplasms 537 17.79%
3 Congenital Anomalies 199 6.59%
4 Homicide 140 4.64%
5 Heart Disease 92 3.05%
6 Benign Neoplasms 44 1.46%
7 Septicemia 42 1.39%
8 Chronic Respiratory Disease 41 1.36%
9 Influenza & Pneumonia 38 1.26%
10 Cerebrovascular 33 1.09%
11 Anemias 29 0.96%
12 Perinatal Period 15 0.50%
13 Meningitis 10 0.33%
14 Nephritis 9 0.30%
15 Acute Bronchititis 7 0.23%
16 Pneumonitis 7 0.23%
17 Meningococcal Infection 6 0.20%
18 Diabetes Mellitus 5 0.17%
19 HIV 4 0.13%
20 Hernia 4 0.13%
All Others 584 19.35%

confused smiley So, more children (aged 5-9) die from "accidents" than they do from childhood cancers and congenital birth defects. They list murder seperately, but I would imagine that a lot of these "accidents" WERE murders, but they just didn't get caught. You would think that breeders would be a bit more careful with these "gifts" they have been so "blessed" to birth. Where WERE these people when their kyds were drowning, suffocating, and being burned to death? I would be willing to bet that a lot of the kids who were killed in the car accidents died because of parental negligence.
Re: Leading causes of death in children
September 07, 2008
Where does running with scissors come in this? Is that the intriguing 'cut/pierce' category?

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
nowhiggers
September 07, 2008
In other words, the leading cause of the deaths of children are ...

wait for it....

BREEDERS.

drinking coffee
September 07, 2008
http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/fatality.cfm
(This is rather long, but you can read it all at above link. Below are some excerpts which I found noteworthy)

Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities: Statistics and Interventions
Numbers and Trends
Author(s): Child Welfare Information Gateway
Year Published: 2008

"...Although the untimely deaths of children due to illness and accidents have been closely monitored, deaths that result from physical assault or severe neglect can be more difficult to track because the perpetrators, usually parents, are less likely to be forthcoming about the circumstances. Intervention strategies targeted at solving this problem face complex challenges.....

.... NCANDS defines "child fatality" as the death of a child caused by an injury resulting from abuse or neglect, or where abuse or neglect was a contributing factor.

....Many researchers and practitioners believe child fatalities due to abuse and neglect are still underreported. Studies in Colorado and North Carolina have estimated that as many as 50 to 60 percent of child deaths resulting from abuse or neglect are not recorded as such.....

(among the many reasons death by abuse is under reported)

".....The ease with which the circumstances surrounding many child maltreatment deaths can be concealed"

What Groups of Children Are Most Vulnerable?

Research indicates that very young children (ages 3 and younger) are the most frequent victims of child fatalities. NCANDS data for 2006 demonstrated that children younger than 1 year accounted for 44.2 percent of fatalities, while children younger than 4 years accounted for more than three-quarters (78.0 percent) of fatalities. These children are the most vulnerable for many reasons, including their dependency, small size, and inability to defend themselves.

How Do These Deaths Occur?

Fatal child abuse may involve repeated abuse over a period of time (e.g., battered child syndrome), or it may involve a single, impulsive incident (e.g., drowning, suffocating, or shaking a baby). In cases of fatal neglect, the child's death results not from anything the caregiver does, but from a caregiver's failure to act. The neglect may be chronic (e.g., extended malnourishment) or acute (e.g., an infant who drowns after being left unsupervised in the bathtub)....

Who are the Perpetrators?

No matter how the fatal abuse occurs, one fact of great concern is that the perpetrators are, by definition, individuals responsible for the care and supervision of their victims. In 2006, one or both parents were responsible for 75.9 percent of child abuse or neglect fatalities. Approximately 15 (14.7) percent of fatalities were the result of maltreatment by nonparent caretakers, and the remaining percentage (9.5 percent) represents unknown or missing information.

....While the exact number of children affected is uncertain, child fatalities due to abuse and neglect remain a serious problem in the United States. Fatalities disproportionately affect young children and most often are caused by one or both of the child's parents......"

shrug OVER 75% of KNOWN child fatalities are DIRECTLY caused by a parent. Then they do all of these attention getting things like act all scared to let kids go into a public restroom alone, and go around accusing every other man of wanting to molest or kidnap their kid, when in REALITY they are the ones killing their own kids on a consistent and alarming basis. They ALSO all get all twisted out of shape when something happens to their kid and the police ask questions or ask for them to take lie detectors and DNA tests to rule them out. They ALL wail, "Why are you asking ME all of this? Why are'nt you out there looking for the REAL killer?" The whole time the officer or agent is probably thinking, "Why waste all of that manpower, when I likely am sitting in the killer's living room?"
Gigabye
September 11, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OVER 75% of KNOWN child fatalities are
> DIRECTLY caused by a parent. Then they do all of
> these attention getting things like act all scared
> to let kids go into a public restroom alone, and
> go around accusing every other man of wanting to
> molest or kidnap their kid, when in REALITY they
> are the ones killing their own kids on a
> consistent and alarming basis. They ALSO all get
> all twisted out of shape when something happens to
> their kid and the police ask questions or ask for
> them to take lie detectors and DNA tests to rule
> them out. They ALL wail, "Why are you asking ME
> all of this? Why are'nt you out there looking for
> the REAL killer?" The whole time the officer or
> agent is probably thinking, "Why waste all of that
> manpower, when I likely am sitting in the killer's
> living room?"

I agree KLKim. All the breeder go on about pedophies and all thos strangers. The most and the highet threat is not pedophie because pedophile is the 2nd highet. The 1st & the Top of the list is 'family relatives' why? Because this can happen at least expected e.g. Uncle rape a niece and so on. What about all the baby killing which rhey always call it 'accident' it no accident the breeders cannot accpet the fact they are responsible for negelect and all the reporters are nothing but breeder-please. All this accident is BS because they never blame the breeders themselves.
September 11, 2008
Like I always say "It's different when it's your own" is totally breeder-code for "Go ahead, have a child, they're so much easier to abuse when they're your own...I should know, I'm totally getting away with it."

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 11, 2008
Forgive my stupid, but this just struck me as funny. The way the topics were arranged in the message list when I viewed it had the following topics listed in this order:

"Leading causes of death in children"
"The internet"

Maybe I'm just feeling extra silly, but I laughed when I saw that. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login