Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Posted by nowhiggers 
Re: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
September 11, 2008
My own mom collects the Kool-Whip containers, &c...and I found myself doing the same for a while until I noticed how cluttered it made my cabinets and how frustrating it was to dig up the right lid every time...if I still even had it. I went out and bought 4 multi-packs of square Gladware containers for DH's lunches and tossed all the dumb butter tubs, &c. These days the only containers I save are those of the garlic paste we buy...Mason-sized wide-mouthed jars in which I store our dehydrated food for the winter. Other than that...it's outta here.

actually there's a box of cleaned spaghetti sauce jars with lids out in the garage..."just in case".
Re: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
September 12, 2008
In my area, we have to recycle the plastic food containers from stuff like cottage cheese, etc., and just about everything else (cans, plastic egg containers, etc.). We do keep some for cleaning, paint brushes, etc.

Once a year we go thru our clothing and household items. Clothing goes to the Salvation Army and the used household stuff goes on a folding table at the curb with a big FREE sign on it. It's gone in a matter of hours. We also got rid of holiday decorations we were tired of by putting it out for FREE. I'd never give junk away so whatever these people end up with of ours is decent stuff.

I never got the deal where people will hoard an entire garage full of CRAP then hoist it out for a yard sale every year. We did that once when hubby and I combined households and made $1000 but for the small amount of year to year stuff, it's not worth it. I think the hoarding deal is mostly a breeder thing. You always see the faded plastic kindercrap and kids clothes out for sale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login