Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A fundie breeder group's list of their parenting beliefs/philosophies/rules

Posted by kidlesskim 
A fundie breeder group's list of their parenting beliefs/philosophies/rules
September 09, 2008
Our Parenting Beliefs

1. All children are a gift from God. Psalm 127:3
2. The husband/wife marriage relationship is the scriptural model for creating a family.
3. Life begins at conception, and unborn babies have a right to life and should be nurtured and loved. Psalm 139:13-16
4. Babies deserve the most natural and gentle birth possible.
5. Babies communicate through crying, and their cries deserve a quick, nurturing response.
6. Parents should not put an unnecessary emphasis on schedules.
7. Children greatly benefit from lots of physical touch, and babies can not be held too much.
8. Breastmilk is God's design in infant nutrition.
9. Breastfeeding satisfies not only babies' hunger and thirst, but it also is a great way to pacify and comfort them.
10. Breastfeeding babies on cue is important not only to help them grow strong and healthy, but it also helps them to learn to trust.
11. Breastfeeding into toddlerhood--and for as long as mother and child desire--continues to provide health and emotional benefits and serves to strengthen the foundation of trust laid in infancy.
12. Children's nighttime needs are as worthy of being met as their daytime needs, and each child has individual nighttime needs that should be respected and met to the best of their parents' ability.
13. There should be minimal separation between mother and baby, and parents need to be sensitive to their children's need to be close to them and not force separation before their child is ready.
14. Everyone benefits when children are an integral part of the family's daily life.
15. A father's involvement in raising his children is vital.
16. Parents have been given authority over their children from the Lord. Scripture is clear that discipline and correction are our responsibility as we raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
17. Fear and purposely-inflicted pain have no place in gentle, loving, Biblical discipline, and children should be discipled from birth with an appropriate mixture of kindness and firmness in a manner that respects their feelings and their developmental, emotional, and daily needs.
18. Parents are responsible for making informed decisions regarding their children's healthcare.

Some notable "rules"
Specific Rules

Beyond the broad rule of not posting things which are against the GCM Statement of Beliefs, here are some specifics.

No posts promoting or supportive of punishments, including spanking and traditional timeouts, or other punitive ideas.

No posts promoting or supportive of crying it out. CIO is when you leave your child unattended to cry themself to sleep. Babies cry and that is too be expected, but on this board we do not support leaving a crying baby by themself. There are formal and informal methods of CIO, and neither are endorsed here

No profanity or obscenity (including abbreviations and combinations of asterisks, exclamation points, etc., put together in order to stand for an unnamed profanity or obscenity) -- it will be edited out or censored.

No using the boards to promote personal crusades or preoccupations. We're not here to help you pursue specific agendas or win any converts. Single-issue preaching is not allowed.

no linking to other message boards or encouraging GCM members to participate in debates or controversial discussions elsewhere online, including blogs.

Discussions outside of the GCM Statement of Beliefs should not be carried out via GCM's PM system, and please do not solicit emails on topics that contradict the Statement of Beliefs.

shrug I probably wouldn't be considered a valuable member of that site, even IF I was a moomie.tongue sticking out smiley
Damn, the fundies have changed—at least the ones who posted that list. They used to be noted (if not notorious) for conducting strict, firm discipline including spanking; feeding infants on a parent-run schedule and not just every time the baby cried; and in letting the sprog cry it out. I don't like fundie beliefs, but had to give them credit on child-rearing in that strict fashion, as the children quickly learned that they weren't the center of the universe. Now the societal rot spreads.
from GCM site:

1. "Fear and purposely-inflicted pain have no place in gentle, loving, Biblical discipline...No posts promoting or supportive of punishments, including spanking and traditional timeouts, or other punitive ideas."

2. Our Christian Beliefs
The Bible is the complete, infallible, inerrant, inspired written Word of God; it is the final authority on what a Christian is called to believe. We do not hold Church Tradition to be on equal footing with Scripture.

3a. Proverbs 22:15: "Foolishness [is] bound in the heart of a child; [but] the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

3b. Proverbs 23:13-14: "Withhold not correction from the child: for [if] thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

3c. Proverbs 29:15: "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left [to himself] bringeth his mother to shame."
I am so fucking happy I am no longer Christian. These fundies are even more insane than I thought before reading this. I was willing to give them credit for decent child-rearing practices. Now we can have bible-banging asshat kids and breeders. Great!angry flipping off
Great Gods they are a pathetic lot. What a fucking cancer to society.

I just threw up in my mouth.
I have read the Bible, there is nothing in there that says women have to breast feed their babies.

Fundies want women breastfeeding well into toddler hood, because it helps promote their conservative agenda of keeping women at home, and out of the workforce.

Its that simple.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login