Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF Hotels breeders in an uproar

Posted by thom_c 
CF Hotels breeders in an uproar
February 03, 2016
MSN Video

CF Hotels in Germany

Any adult who says "Children are life" should be put to death, seeing as such a person no longer qualifies by their own definition.
Re: CF Hotels breeders in an uproar
February 03, 2016
yurble
Any adult who says "Children are life" should be put to death, seeing as such a person no longer qualifies by their own definition.

Sounds reasonable to me.
February 03, 2016
yurble

They shouldn't be executed, but they should be given a copy of Milton Friedman's book, Free to Choose, and understand that it everyone shares their worldview, and that economic choice--including choice of hotel amenities, benefits us all.
February 03, 2016
I never understand breeder mentality. Nine million and one hotels allow children and cater to them and their breeders, but one hotel doesn't and breeders freak out. What, do they see a nice, luxurious, quiet hotel with childfree/childless and parents with enough sense to get a babysitter enjoying themselves and immediately get jealous? That because they're miserable and yet refuse to do anything to get away from their howler monkeys for a few days that nobody else should have an enjoyable vacation?

If breeders don't want the days of "children should be seen and not heard" and think any sort of proper behavior modification is tantamount to abuse, then they're going to have to deal with the fact that more and more places are going to ban children because they're destructive, disruptive, and a major liability and their breeders will take to social media and lawyers to avoid paying for their mistakes.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
February 03, 2016
They are freaking because they can't afford a vacation AND childcare. Their relatives are not stepping in for free and their big fear is one hotel like this will lead to half of them going CF.
February 03, 2016
I work in a swanky and expensive hotel. Breeders are ALWAYS BITCHING about the shit they can't afford. STARWOOD, BITCHES!

My favorite joke is that "this is a business traveler/ wedding hotel. Baby's are MADE here, not ACCOMODATED here."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
February 03, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
yurble

They shouldn't be executed, but they should be given a copy of Milton Friedman's book, Free to Choose, and understand that it everyone shares their worldview, and that economic choice--including choice of hotel amenities, benefits us all.

I just want to know what point they think they're making with that soundbite. It makes no sense. Anyone can say X is Y, but it doesn't actually have meaning. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Chocolate is life. Gibberish is whatever.

They just expect everyone to understand what they mean. I think they're trying to say "Children are a necessary part of perpetuating the species, and I don't want my species to go extinct." But if that's what they're trying to say, why the fuck can't they articulate it, instead of just reciting some meaningless mumbo jumbo?
February 03, 2016
I saw one "Adults Only" advertising just the other day -

Was thinking of because it's cold and grey here, and one of my neighbor's went on vacay to Morocco -
Which I have been to in the past and wish I could go now too, sigh ~

I do have a bit of extra money (not much) where I could maybe take a (semi) nice holiday, except for right now, and for the near future - I am getting *my teeth fixed* and it's all expensive!
And not overly fun. Not fun.

sad smiley

But - I can do some 'window shopping' online, look at scenic and travel pix, etc.

Morocco is a fantastic place and maybe next year I can go too. So I was 'window shopping' - and saw this -

http://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Morocco/Agadir/Riu_Tikida_Beach_Adults_Only_Hotel.h343229/

ADULTS ONLY - says right there on the header. Looks like a nice place, I book marked it for the future.

Remember too - to look AGAIN at spots you may remember - their policies may have changed since you last looked - they may have 'Gone Famblee' - so be sure to look at up to date info. (I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone / regulars here this - but for Lurking Morons ~)

Here's another place I saw and liked - does not say 'adults only' - looks nice though, and I liked the one pic of a lounge area where they have 'lit up' on the wall - 'Of all the gin joints in all the towns~ '

http://www.orbitz.com/hotel/Morocco/Casablanca/Sofitel_Casablanca_Tour_Blanche.h857171/

That looks pretty nice too. Does not (I mostly looked at the pix) say 'adults only'.

I don't know about you, but I'm not rolling in money so if I were to plan and take a nice holiday trip - I try to carefully research things. And if I see ADULTS ONLY on any hotel or resort - OK - that's my FIRST CHOICE right there!

I might look over some other spots, just to make sure I 'look at everything' so to say, the ADULTS ONLY looks nice - I'm going back to that choice and breaking out the credit card.
February 03, 2016
yurble

I just want to know what point they think they're making with that soundbite. It makes no sense. Anyone can say X is Y, but it doesn't actually have meaning. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Chocolate is life. Gibberish is whatever.

They just expect everyone to understand what they mean. I think they're trying to say "Children are a necessary part of perpetuating the species, and I don't want my species to go extinct." But if that's what they're trying to say, why the fuck can't they articulate it, instead of just reciting some meaningless mumbo jumbo?

I am not sure what they are trying to say, either.

In the US, people stand up to "no children" policies as if they are a modern civil rights issue. They think that an adults-only hotel is tantamount to Jim Crow laws resurfacing. They're incensed at the thought that their four-year old not be permitted inside a bar or nightclub, despite state law requiring patrons to be 21+ years of age.
February 03, 2016
Zzelda
sad smiley

But - I can do some 'window shopping' online, look at scenic and travel pix, etc.

Perhaps try a spa day at home? Paint your nails, take a long bath with a special soap, condition your hair, use some essential oils in the bath. I do this here and there and use much of the same ingredients as spas use but since I purchase the raw ingredients I spend very little - versus buying the expensive pre-made stuff. I do a regular face massage with rose hip seed oil, a few drops at a time. Keeps my skin glowing, costs pennies and only takes about 3 minutes a day.

Or maybe actually have a spa treatment of some kind?

It definitely isn't the same as traveling but it can be very relaxing.
February 03, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
If breeders don't want the days of "children should be seen and not heard" and think any sort of proper behavior modification is tantamount to abuse, then they're going to have to deal with the fact that more and more places are going to ban children because they're destructive, disruptive, and a major liability and their breeders will take to social media and lawyers to avoid paying for their mistakes.

It has really flipped since the 80's and early 90's. Parents (everyone I knew as well as mine) mostly vacationed alone and didn't call us all the time because they missed us nor did they seem especially delighted to be around us when they returned. It was socially acceptable to be sane and not miss us nor look forward to returning. I'm sure they missed the peace and quiet of being in a hotel in another city where if there were children then they were quiet and not obtrusive.

If we were on vacation the only time you'd hear kids is outside in play areas and in the pool.

Most of the kids I grew up with left during the summer for at least a month, if not the entire summer. Some went to their grandparents, or to camp, to visit with same age cousins and a few (lucky!!!) traveled abroad to stay with relatives. None had parents calling and whining that their kids were gone. The parents vacationed at a much cheaper rate with their kids away and enjoyed being home alone for a decent period of time.
February 03, 2016
Breeders don't want anybody possibly escaping the reality of brats (especially their brats), so of course they want to shit on and fight against everything that does not cater to children or specifically says "Kids GTFO." I mean, we've had countless numbers of trolls here over the years and that should be proof enough that breeders cannot stand it when people "get away with" not dealing with kid bullshit.

Any businesses that are child-free will always be well-received because people know they can go there and not have their experience ruined by someone's shrieking bastards (and many of the patrons are parents themselves), but I think a lot of business owners are too scared to take the risk of opening a child-unfriendly venue because they're worried about bad publicity and possible lack of business as a result. Who cares if a bunch of breeders get their udders in a knot over a place that doesn't lick their assholes? The ones who bitch about one single place not accommodating their monsters are the exact people who will cause all sorts of trouble, want everything comped for imaginary inconveniences and will drive off the sane patrons.

Breeders want absolutely nothing to be off-limits to them, so they'll fight and scream and bitch about the five whole places in the world that tell them to leave the dumplings at home rather than just, you know, taking their business to one of the seven million other places that are brat-friendly. That's like a vegan specifically going to eat only at steakhouses and then having a fit because there's nothing vegan-friendly on any of the menus. Go to a fucking overpriced yuppie cafe in the cultural district if you want your hummus-and-lilypad pita, asshole.
February 04, 2016
I travel with my dog a lot, we participate in dog agility competitions, and no dog in any hotel has kept me from getting to sleep, but a bunch of unruly teenagers HAS. I would imagine if someone's dog barked all night, hotel management would say something, I would imagine they wouldn't dare with kids.
February 05, 2016
Nothing worse than hearing running feet outside your door, until it's accompanied by screaming. That's why I try to stay in the most expensive places, not because I want luxury but the price deters breeders and drunk trash from ruining my sleep.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 05, 2016
I personally feel that all this talk of ageism is just bullshit. StudioFiftyFour is right, they act like its some sort of human rights issue. It really isn't. Ageism applies to old people who are written off for no reason other than their age, THAT'S ageism. Not "Please don't bring your child to the titty bar".

When I was 17, I had very well rounded political opinions and researched my votes and all that stuff, but I was not allowed to vote because I wasn't technically an adult. Did I cry ageism? Nope. They need to get over themselves.
February 06, 2016
freya
Zzelda
sad smiley

Perhaps try a spa day at home? Paint your nails, take a long bath with a special soap, condition your hair, use some essential oils in the bath. I do this here and there and use much of the same ingredients as spas use but since I purchase the raw ingredients I spend very little - versus buying the expensive pre-made stuff. I do a regular face massage with rose hip seed oil, a few drops at a time. Keeps my skin glowing, costs pennies and only takes about 3 minutes a day.

Exactly! Do a "Staycation" and visit places around your town that you haven't seen yet. I plan on going camping this summer in the 1000 Island region, which is down the road from me, and people travel from all over to visit. Pamper yourself too as Freya suggested.

Evan Davis
February 06, 2016
pitbullgirl1965
freya
Zzelda
sad smiley

Exactly! Do a "Staycation" and visit places around your town that you haven't seen yet. I plan on going camping this summer in the 1000 Island region, which is down the road from me, and people travel from all over to visit. Pamper yourself too as Freya suggested.

Nice! I'm a day's drive from the region. Any nice b&b or hotels you can recommend?
February 06, 2016
I wonder if Morocco is dangerous, like going to Egypt with the whole terrorism thing? Some people nowadays are saying that they are giving up travelling due to that sort of thing.
February 06, 2016
cfdavep
I wonder if Morocco is dangerous, like going to Egypt with the whole terrorism thing? Some people nowadays are saying that they are giving up travelling due to that sort of thing.

Once you get out of the major cities, it can be very conservative, especially for women. Don't go there without a head scarf packed in your bags. You wouldn't need it in the major places, but it would be useful in the countryside, and if you decide to visit a mosque.

We were planning to go, but are holding off for a few years because of some issues we've seen there in the past year or two. PM me if you want details.
February 06, 2016
paragon schnitzophonic
What, do they see a nice, luxurious, quiet hotel with childfree/childless and parents with enough sense to get a babysitter enjoying themselves and immediately get jealous? That because they're miserable and yet refuse to do anything to get away from their howler monkeys for a few days that nobody else should have an enjoyable vacation?

paragon's hammer, meet nail head. Nail head, this is paragon's hammer.

They've realized they were sold a bill of goods and that parenthood mostly sucks, and/or their own piss-poor parenting has produced whiny, grasping, destructive, wimpy little mini-apes who are developing zero sense of responsibility, compassion, empathy, or work ethic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login