Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Animation Censorship --- ARRGGHHH!!!!

Posted by Coranth 
Re: Animation Censorship --- ARRGGHHH!!!!
September 13, 2008
Holy crap, I haven't ever heard of anyone else who remembers David the Gnome. I used to love that show!

Kids cartoons today are complete crap, that's for sure. But I think the thing that angers me the most is the fact that these breeders aren't content to screw with the present, they must f-up the past too. I've always enjoyed classic cartoons, especially Looney Tunes and Hannah Barbera. I'd love to buy the DVD's of these old cartoons...except that they are edited for offensive content due to breeder complaints (the Tom and Jerry mess where all incidents of cigarette smoking have been edited out comes to mind). I know there are also several Warner Brothers cartoons that are impossible to find because of "racial insensitivities." I don't want the bubble wrapped versions of 2008, and I do my research before I buy one of these DVD collections to make sure that I am not spending money on an inferior product. I won't support their editing with my dollars.

And My Little Pony and Care Bears being evil? My entire childhood life revolved around those two cartoons! Them and Rainbow Brite.

Speaking of adult cartoons, I was thinking about being Jessica Rabbit for Halloween this year. How long do you think it will be before the breeders manage to get THAT movie banned?
Coranth
September 13, 2008
LoveToLurk,

"I've always enjoyed classic cartoons, especially Looney Tunes and Hannah Barbera. I'd love to buy the DVD's of these old cartoons...except that they are edited for offensive content due to breeder complaints (the Tom and Jerry mess where all incidents of cigarette smoking have been edited out comes to mind)."

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! Those cartoons are called "CLASSICS" for a REASON! THEY ARE ***NOT*** SUPPOSED TO BE FUCKING EDITED!!!! You, good sir, have highlighted the EXACT reason why I made the original post: not only do the Cartoons of today SUCK, but the old cartoons also aren't broadcast anymore. And even when we go to get them on DVD, once again, they are -- in a sense -- taken from us, by the goddamn fucking breeder bitches, who have the nerve to get them "edited" for "offensive content"! AND I BLOODY HATE IT!!! Rrrrrggg... makes me so damn angry.

God-damn it... what the hell are they going to get "edited" next, huh? David The Gnome???!!! That Cartoon, even though it was more child oriented, was a wonderful show; I watched it at my Father's a long, long time ago, when it was on TV. I swear... if David The Gnome is ever edited, I will be IMMENSELY PISSED!!!
Coranth
On David The Gnome
September 13, 2008
From my last post...

"That Cartoon, even though it was more child oriented..."

Ugh, by 'more child oriented' I meant to say that it was suitable for anyone, you know? As far as I can remember, David The Gnome didn't contain any sort of graphic violence; anyone, even children, could watch it. It was a wonderful cartoon; the last episode -- The Mountains of Beyond -- even dealt with death in a manner that children could understand. It showed, in a way, that there is a sort of afterlife when you die. And poor, dear Swift... he mourned for them at the very end... but, he did meet a lovely Ladyfox, too!
September 13, 2008
Next they will have all of the classic movies editted of all "offensive" content including the black and white movies. The Three Stooges will have all "violence" removed, Humphrey Bogart will have candy canes dubbed in place of his cigarettes, George contemplating suicide via jumping off the bridge in, It's a Wonderful Life, will be dubbed over with his meeting and speaking to the town preacher and changing his mind rather than going to Martini's Bar first, BOTH witches from The Wizard of Oz and the Wizard himself will be removed, Gone with the Wind has underlying infidelity, racist situations, prostitution, violence, etc..so IT'S "out", ALL Westerns will have to go in file 13, and any and all movies relating to murder including What Ever Happened to Baby Jane (double whammy because of the alcoholism), Dead on Arrival, Madame X, The Fugitive, and of course ALL Hitchcock movies.............

Then they will start on Broadway musicals. Hello, Dolly! has some premarital kissing in it not to mention a strong Jewish leading man to Dolly and then Dolly herself is the Irish Catholic widow of a Jewish man, Guys and Dolls for the gambling alone, Cats has sexual undertones and tight leotard costuming, Gypsy won't do because of the obvious, and the list could go on. If they had it their way then EVERYTHING except PROTESTANT Christian oriented programming would be all that was left.
bratBgone
September 13, 2008
I'm sure our old buddy, Sarah Palin, is all for animation censoring and censoring of all kinds. I know she loves to try to censor library books. Check out this story:

http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/515512.html

All her hopes for keeping people's eyes away from questionable material didn't keep her daughter's eyes, and other assorted body parts, away from her teenaged boyfriend's dick.
September 13, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All her hopes for keeping people's eyes away from
> questionable material didn't keep her daughter's
> eyes, and other assorted body parts, away from her
> teenaged boyfriend's dick.

LOL!!!bouncing and laughing At first I was puzzled by the MASS SUPPORT she has been getting regarding her whore of a daughter. The more I think about it though the more sense it makes. THEY (the supporters) know that the same damned thing will likely happen to them, if it hasn't already, and this is just one more incident that will make THEIR sluts of daughters and weak willed sons look a little better. I mean, "If it happened to PALIN, the perfect fundie pahrunt, then I don't feel so bad and like the failure of a pahrunt that I am."

I feel like slapping my own mother because SHE thinks that Palin is wonderful and likes her speeches.eye rolling smiley My mother says, "She can't help what her daughter did", and I reply. "She CAN help that she popped out 5 kyds and a known retard at age 44", to which my mother answers, "I didn't realize she had FIVE kyds, but that's better than what Clinton did with Monica". So, elderly and conservative America sees MZ Palin as the lesser of two evils, I suppose. That, and people like MY MOTHER are no longer personally affected if she manages to lobby to get abortion and birth control abolished altogether or makes it difficult to get. I can GUARANTEE YA that if my sisters and I were still teens that she wouldn't even give this woman the time of day. She wouldn't like the bad example set by the teen whore NOR would she like that we couldn't walk into any grocery store and get birth control and might would saddle her with grandpupplets at 16-17 years of age. It scares me to death that otherwise intelligent women like my mother are being duped by this bitch. I was really shocked when my mother said that she liked her the other day and THEN proceeded to tell me I was hateful because of some of the shit I said about the bitch.

I can see RIGHT now that this subject will become another subject that she and I can NOT discuss, much like the topic of the Virgin Birth of Jesus became.
bratBgone
September 13, 2008
kidlesskim wrote:

"I feel like slapping my own mother because SHE thinks that Palin is wonderful and likes her speeches"

My brother and I had a similar conversation 2 days ago. Of course, he never misses a Sunday service, and is a pro-lifer. Sometimes I actually wonder if he was adopted. All three of us were raised by the same fairly open minded, rather liberal parents. I've marched on Washington for women's rights, along with my CF lesbian sister, while my brother attended prayer meetings and pro-life rallies. Isn't it funny though that the people least affected by an issue (pro-life) are die hard for it, like your mom and my brother?

You may have already read it, but I posted a blog written by Anne Kilkenny, a woman who from Wasilla, AK. She knows quite a lot about Palin, and it isn't good!
September 13, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> Isn't it funny though that the people
> least affected by an issue (pro-life) are die hard
> for it, like your mom and my brother?

Yes it is and it's ALSO funny how so many ANTI CHOICE people have had an abortion in the past or had a GF who did. I also can't help but notice how many of them qualify when it's ok to abort and when it isn't, and how some of them think that up to twelve weeks is "ok", but over that is not. If it's incest or rape, then by all means vacuum it on out, but otherwise it's baby shower time. In addition, none of them seem to have a problem with the death penalty. They also don't seem to mind self defense murders, crimes of passion murders, or battered women's syndrome murders. The bottom line is this: IF someone genuinely thinks or believes in the "sanctity of human life", then ALL abortions and ALL murders, should be equal. I HATE the way they pick and choose when it's a sin to end a life, not allow perceived a life to continue, when it's "ok" to pull the plug and when it isn't, WHICH convicted murderers deserve the death penalty and which ones lives should be spared.

I have a lot more respect for a fundie who is against all of the above across the board, rather than the pick and choose judgemental methods which are so common. However, I still think they are nutcases. The majority of anti-abortion people, while not generally directly involved, are DELIGHTED when an abortion doctor is murdered. If an innocent bystander is killed, like in the Alabama abortion clinic bombing where a part time security guard (a father trying to earn extra money for his famblee) was killed, they think of it as a casuality of the cause. ALL of their materials, written and otherwise CLAIM they are against the abortion doctor murders, but their actions and commentary found on their websites and in court room testimonies tell a different story.
bratBgone Wrote:
> kidlesskim wrote:
>
> "I feel like slapping my own mother because SHE
> thinks that Palin is wonderful and likes her
> speeches"
>
>
> My brother and I had a similar conversation 2 days
> ago. Of course, he never misses a Sunday service,
> and is a pro-lifer. Sometimes I actually wonder
> if he was adopted. All three of us were raised by
> the same fairly open minded, rather liberal
> parents. I've marched on Washington for women's
> rights, along with my CF lesbian sister, while my
> brother attended prayer meetings and pro-life
> rallies. Isn't it funny though that the people
> least affected by an issue (pro-life) are die hard
> for it, like your mom and my brother?
>
> You may have already read it, but I posted a blog
> written by Anne Kilkenny, a woman who from
> Wasilla, AK. She knows quite a lot about Palin,
> and it isn't good!

At least you can talk to your brother about politics. My brother and I can't do that any more. We called a cease-fire about 8 years ago after our discussions became increasingly heated (but still respectful) in the 1990s. Our dad was becoming more and more distressed at the level of rancor and asked us to stop, so out of respect for him, we did [our mom is deceased]. There are occasional flare-ups such as when I give my brother a political book for his birthday. No, I don't send him one by Michael Moore or Al Franken (which he would dimiss) but I have sent hom books by John Dean ("Conservatives Without Conscience"), Thomas Frank ("What's the Matter With Kansas"), and David Brock ("Blinded by the Right"). I recently sent him one by David Cay Johnston ("Free Lunch.....") and just because he was a writer for the New York Times (I did not know that when I bought it for him because I saw Johnston on C-Span's BookTV) he pretty much dismissed it as liberal "class warfare" like most conservatives like to do when they see anything associated with that newspaper.

I recall my mom first realizing my brother was a Republican when we saw a "Bush-Quayle" pin in his place in 1992 and how disappointed we were about that. He married a strict Catholic woman (we were raised mildly Jewish but I am an atheist now) so I guess he picked up her politics.

I wonder what will happen when his little boy gets a little older and can understand political stuff. I won't try to turn him into a liberal (I am an Independent but hate Republicans more) but my nephew could be the next battleground for our politics LOL!
Newbie Wrote:
> "An author wrote a book on people's experiences
> with Wicca, I am going to have to look that one
> up."
> Ooh, if you do find it, please post! I'm really
> morbidly curious - the stuff evangelists come up
> with is really some of the best comedy out there.
> By the way, check this out -
> http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.a
> sp
> It is about the Evils of Dungeons&Dragons
> Roleplaying game and how it really leads you into
> evil satanism. This one's infamous...

Reminds me of B.A.D.D., the notorious anti-D&D group started by a moo who tried to pin her son's suicide on the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Pulling

Thankfully, not only did all her lawsuits LOSE, when Pulling kicked the bucket in 1997 her nutty advocacy group ground to a halt.

On the subject of Christianity and D&D...I can think of no better explanation than was published by a notable webcomic artist. Oddly enough one who happens to be a staunch conservative and 'fundie'. (we haven't ALL lost our common sense!)

http://www.rhjunior.com/GH/00206.html
September 13, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> Then they will start on Broadway musicals. Hello,
> Dolly! has some premarital kissing in it not to
> mention a strong Jewish leading man to Dolly and
> then Dolly herself is the Irish Catholic widow of
> a Jewish man, Guys and Dolls for the gambling
> alone, Cats has sexual undertones and tight
> leotard costuming, Gypsy won't do because of the
> obvious, and the list could go on. If they had it
> their way then EVERYTHING except PROTESTANT
> Christian oriented programming would be all that
> was left.

Oh yes, they'll also sanitize Les Miserables because of its themes of prostitution, child abuse, political radicalism, and Catholic overtones. Cabaret will have to be eliminated completely because of its Weimar-era looseness of morals, skimpy clothes, abortion, and "ooh the scawy Nazis". The death scenes and dark character of Phantom of the Opera will be replaced with biblical references. Adelaide and the other burlesque dancers from Guys and Dolls will be given prairie dresses and perform in a praise band.
September 13, 2008
As a side note, I love the cartoons of earlier decades. I used to watch Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbara shows before school. I also loved Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butt-head, Voltron, Transformers, He-Man, She-Ra, Liquid Television, The Super Mario Bros/Legend of Zelda cartoons, Captain N, You Can't Do That on Television, Jem, Sailor Moon, Ghostbusters, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Gargoyles, and Batman the Cartoon.

Most of today's breeders would shit themselves if they watched the original untranslated versions of Sailor Moon, where characters are openly gay and bisexual.
bratBgone
September 13, 2008
Deegee wrote:

"At least you can talk to your brother about politics"

Well, we can talk, but not for any length of time! I usually have to tell him it's time to change the subject when I begin feeling a little hot under the collar! He has made quite a bit of money for himself and is now a stauch Republican. He's also taken the pro-life stance, probably brought about by the guilt he has about 4 different girls he got pregnant, who all aborted, during his late teens and early 20's. He used to be a real man whore, but now he's repented, and is happily married with one daughter and another on the way. I wonder where he'd be at now if he was paying child support for all four of his lil' aborted miracles?
That's a good site, CFTeen! Thanks!
September 14, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> Deegee wrote:
>
>
> "At least you can talk to your brother about
> politics"
>
> Well, we can talk, but not for any length of time!
> I usually have to tell him it's time to change
> the subject when I begin feeling a little hot
> under the collar! He has made quite a bit of
> money for himself and is now a stauch Republican.
> He's also taken the pro-life stance, probably
> brought about by the guilt he has about 4
> different girls he got pregnant, who all aborted,
> during his late teens and early 20's. He used to
> be a real man whore, but now he's repented, and is
> happily married with one daughter and another on
> the way. I wonder where he'd be at now if he was
> paying child support for all four of his lil'
> aborted miracles?

This is an example of the type fundies/nuts I hate. It was OKAY when it inconvenienced HIS life to flush the zygotes down the tube, but suddenly he gets "religion" and no one else has that right any more. my god THAT PISSES ME OFF. It's very hypocritical.)
September 14, 2008
I used to have more of a "live and let live" attitude when it came to fundies, but for their own twisted reasons they are unwilling to extend me the same basic courtesy.

If they have a strong belief system that works for them, I do respect that. The problem arises when they think their way of thinking is the only and most righteous way and now they want to jam their beliefs down my throat.

Their hyprocrisy is maddening and seems to know no bounds.
I know what you mean, Tiquer. A friend of ours has been sending us emails that, to DH and me, are offensive politically AND religiously. He "found Jesus" when he was dating his now-wife, but it's a really kick-ass, take-no-prisoners Jesus.eye rolling smiley And now he has to do his damndest to make us see the error of our ways (that is, supporting Dems in general). Holy fuck! I wouldn't dream of sending friends emails pissing on their beliefs, and then take offense when they slap me back.:scr

Seriously, is this just something fundies do? Is it required?
September 15, 2008
LucyTrainWreck Wrote:
> Most of today's breeders would shit themselves if
> they watched the original untranslated versions of
> Sailor Moon, where characters are openly gay and
> bisexual.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! Silly! Don't let the breeders know our anime secrets! It's hard enough to find that stuff already! grinning smiley
September 15, 2008
LoveToLurk Wrote:
> LucyTrainWreck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Most of today's breeders would shit themselves
> if
> > they watched the original untranslated versions
> of
> > Sailor Moon, where characters are openly gay
> and
> > bisexual.
>
> SHHHHHHHHHHHH! Silly! Don't let the breeders know
> our anime secrets! It's hard enough to find that
> stuff already! grinning smiley

Oh, sorry! We won't tell them about the *whispers* hentai either.smiling smiley
Anonymous User
September 16, 2008
A couple of weeks ago I was watching the old Disney cartoon 'Fun and Fancy-Free' on youtube. I'd seen it as a kid and really enjoyed it so I wanted to see it again. But I'd forgotten this one song that is in it, during the story of Bongo the circus bear. It's about how the bears slap each other to show love, 'a bear likes to say it with a slap'. As I was watching it, I thought shit, I can just imagine the reaction from the breeders if this cartoon were broadcast today uncensored - I'm sure they'd all start shrieking that that song would incite domestic violence and make children start slapping everyone! Never mind that I saw it and I've never slapped anyone in my life. But then I had the brains to distinguish the difference between cartoon and reality, which a lot of brats these days don't seem to.
Gigabyte
September 16, 2008
The problem with these society is that people turn moral as soon as they have kids. They had all the rights and freedom to do anything. And suddenly when they give birth to a little demon, they become all againste freedom all because hatching a loaf took away all their luxury lifestyle and forfeit their TV and absoulutly everything. In reality they want to ban all our CF rights because having demon seed lose theirs and the moos cannot accept the facts that CF remain free and people have sprog looses it all.

I have a friend which is too-overmoral. People who is overmoral, they don't like sex, they think, CF lifestyle are sinners and burn in hell BS they come up, esepcially moos get all wind up over sexuality. But they never get concerned about gore and war, blood and killing.
September 16, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> The problem with these society is that people turn
> moral as soon as they have kids. They had all the
> rights and freedom to do anything. And suddenly
> when they give birth to a little demon, they
> become all againste freedom all because hatching a
> loaf took away all their luxury lifestyle and
> forfeit their TV and absoulutly everything. In
> reality they want to ban all our CF rights because
> having demon seed lose theirs and the moos cannot
> accept the facts that CF remain free and people
> have sprog looses it all.
>
> I have a friend which is too-overmoral. People who
> is overmoral, they don't like sex, they think, CF
> lifestyle are sinners and burn in hell BS they
> come up, esepcially moos get all wind up over
> sexuality. But they never get concerned about gore
> and war, blood and killing.

I don't think they turn "moral" after having children. I have just as valid of morals as the next person, childed or not, there are things I KNOW aren't right...and I don't need a bible to tell me either. I think they just become overly concerned with things that pre-child didn't concern them, or that they didn't even think about. Once they have the child, they see nipples and penii peeking out from around every corner waiting to turn their child into a gay prostitute. Instead of taking the time to have a mildly uncomfortable explanation as to why Tinky Winky carries a purse, or why you can't say all the same words grown ups say, they instead cry and whine to the American Family Association to get it banned. Instead of monitoring what their children watch and using the on/off or channel changing switches of their television, they would much rather have a stream of sanitized babyshit constantly spewing into their home.

They aren't more moral, they're really just more lazy. They don't want to have to do or explain anything to their child, they just want to sit back and let the teevee feed them acceptably stupid and bland pap. After all,thinking is bad. If your child were encouraged to think, that might mean your pwecious will decide to be a happy gay person, instead of a miserable closeted married, and not make you a grandbaby for you to brag about to all your equally vapid friends.

Like nearly everything else parents whine about, this isn't for the children, it's just to make things easier for them.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
allison
September 17, 2008
Im surprised they havent attacked the cartoon "Scooby-Doo". After all, it has gluttony in the form of Scooby and Shagggy being constantly hungry and stuffing their mouths with food.
Cartoons such as Looney Toons were never meant to be kids only. Looney Toons had lots of cultural references at the time that only adults would really get. Robotech btw was actually sanitized for the US market. The original Japanese version included nudity (complete with a minmei shower scene), drinking, blood, and a scene where some of them end up at the red light district of the ship.
September 17, 2008
Jeeezus Kee-rist! I think that Feh has a good point. Moos are lazy and my doG, having to explain something to their sproggen would mean that they have to THINK. So they want to censor EVERYTHING so that the rest of us are miserable.

Fundies don't want people to think because then they will figure out that the fundies are full of shit. By keeping people intellectually lobotomized they start winning the culture wars. And the fucking moos go right along with it because it makes TMIJITW easier on them.

I'm a little old for Strawberry Shortcake and whatever, but I am a big fan of stuff like the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, etc. God, I hope all these fucking breeders end up with LGBT kids who smoke dope and vote Democratic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login