Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders butthurt over cinema junkfood prices

Posted by screaming sausage 
Breeders butthurt over cinema junkfood prices
April 06, 2016
Man blasts 'rip off' Vue cinemas after a trip with his kids to see a film cost £70

Where I live a cinema ticket costs £12 tops, and that would be for a 3D screening with glasses. Four adults would pay £48, and a couple with two sprogs would get a famblee ticket with a hefty discount, probably paying around £30... so: how did this Duh manage to spend £70? Of course, it was because he insisted on buying a load of nutrition-devoid junkfood for his brats to shovel into their cakeholes.

He just HAD to buy the stuff, you understand. He couldn't just take his own food in:

A Different Butthurt Duh whining about the £5.50 portion of nachos
'That's disgusting. I can buy a bag of Doritos and bag of grated cheese for half the price and make three times as much as that.

Like the rest of us, parunts know that bringing your own food is cheaper, but presumably they just can't do this because being a parunt is so hard and time-consuming and they simply don't have the time to buy some popcorn from a supermarket like us time-rich breeders. Also this:

Butthurt Duh himself interjected to say that he'd happily bring his own food from home but that choosing treats at the cinema was part of the experience for his children.

...or in other words, Butthurt Duh hasn't taught his entitled brats anything about the value of money, or to understand the word "No". It must be fun taking them to a supermarket checkout and simply having no choice but to buy them every chocolate bar in sight as part of "the experience".

Other options, such as bringing in healthy snacks, or letting the brats go without for TWO WHOLE HOURS are also just not feasible for Butthurt Duh.He just has to cough up £70 or go home.

Cinema tickets themselves are also too expensive for breeders:

Butthurt Moo
'I took my three boys to the cinema with my husband got a family ticket: two kids and two adults and had to pay for the third child - £35,' she said. 'That's not including the food which came to £30! £65 to take my kids to the cinema.'

A famblee ticket gives a famblee a hefty discount on the price of four single tickets, two of which would be reduced in price for the sprogs anyway. An extra ticket for the third child would be discounted too, but that's not enough for moo. It's not faiiiiirrr that cinemas put a limit on these discounts and charge five people for four seats- hell, they should just let breeders and chyldrun in for free- hell, the cinema should be paying them to watch films!

Here's a hint, moo: If you can't afford a cinema ticket for a third child, don't have a third child. You could also have saved some money by not spending £30 on junkfood.

There are plenty of breeders giving unsolicited advice to the cinema chains too, suggesting that if they dropped their prices, more people would go and more people would buy junkfood. Yes, I'm sure Hollywood needs breeders to tell them how to make profits, because it's not as if they're churning out films which gross millions of pounds and are watched in packed cinemas. Evidently loads of breeders are buying the food anyway, regardless of the costs and the quality. I think cinemas would make more money if they banned breeders and their brats altogether.

Butthurt Duh
a man of 25 on national minimum wage has to graft 10 hours to take two kids to the cinema for an hour and a half on his day off. Madness.'

What, like a cinema worker? Like those people behind the counter who rarely get tips from penny-pinching breeders like yourself? The ones on zero-hours contracts who know they can't afford to have kids and must get sick of greedy breeders making complaints and demanding perks? Especially when selling meals which cost more than they earn in an hour?

Greedy scrounging breeders make me sick, and that's without them insisting on feeding their children crunch, noisy, smelly, unhealthy snack foods and letting their brats scream while other people are trying to enjoy a film.
Re: Breeders butthurt over cinema junkfood prices
April 06, 2016
I thought most cinemas didn't allow you to bring food in. So you pay the prices or you do without - it's probably better for your health anyway if you don't mindlessly snack on high-calorie foods while watching a movie. But this one does let you bring your own food and he's just too lazy to do it? What a loser.
April 06, 2016
Butthurt Duh
a man of 25 on national minimum wage has to graft 10 hours to take two kids to the cinema for an hour and a half on his day off. Madness.'

Maybe if you're on minimum wage and only 25 you have no business having 2 kids to begin with? In the real world, there are far more pressing problems than not being able to afford the luxuries you're complaining about.
April 06, 2016
They act like this is brand-new information. During the 8 years I worked at a cinema, I've seen obscene price hikes, especially when 3-D became a thing again. Kid tickets are $11 at where I used to work now. Breeders also put themselves in the position of unnecessarily paying more. At the concession stand, if somebody was buying multiple kid meals (a little box with popcorn, a tiny drink, and a packet of Skittles) that were $5 each, I would recommend just getting the $8 refillable tub of popcorn and the $5 refillable giant soda and give them little tubs and cups so they can divvy up the food amongst their brood because it would be significantly cheaper. What I heard more often than not was, "It's easier to get them their own individual meals because they can't share." Okay, so you'd rather pay $20+ to avoid telling your brats, "Either share or you get nothing"? Easier than having to actually parent, I guess.

Going to the movies is a luxury, not a necessity. You don't have a right to go to the movies. And you certainly don't need to eat during a movie. Feed your kids before so they can sit down and shut up during the movie instead of whining about candy or wanting more popcorn or whatever. Breeders and middle-aged white women were the worst customers.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 06, 2016
That dad is a dumb shit. It's the concessions, not the movie ticket booth, where movie theaters bring in most of their money to keep the whole theater functioning.
April 06, 2016
Here it's $12 for a ticket, a large pop will cost between $5 and $8. A big box of candy can cost close to, if not, $4...well you get the picture.

Now if you go to the city and want the VIP seats (adults only) that's $20 / ticket. I'm not sure about 3D, never been to a 3D film.

Yet, we still see lots of breeders and their spawn going to the movies. Either parents don't know how to DL or stream movies via netflix or on demand or whatever. It's still cheaper than going to the cinema where they have to wreck it for everyone else. But no, the kids also don't want to see an older movie, they want to see the new one that just came out with the merc with a mouth or superhero's etc, even though it isn't meant for them.Either that or a movie is too long for their short ADHD, autistic attention spans...thank f^C* Harry Potter is done and we won't have to go sit for over two hours with restless kids with no imaginations!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
April 06, 2016
yurble
Butthurt Duh

Maybe if you're on minimum wage and only 25 you have no business having 2 kids to begin with? In the real world, there are far more pressing problems than not being able to afford the luxuries you're complaining about.

I realise you may have been aiming that at 25-year-old Butthurt Duh, but for the record, I personally am not complaining about cinemas.

First of all, I have never been a fan of eating while watching a film- I would rather go for a nice meal before or after, and I can do that for a shade over £30 (for a meal for two with wine), so I see no need to stock up on hotdogs and nachos before the film starts. I know cinema food is poor quality and overpriced, which is precisely why I never buy it. I just don't get these breeders who act like the purchase of food in cinemas is compulsory. I could understand if they were talking about music festivals (for example) where you could find yourself unable to leave the site over the weekend and having to pay through the nose to buy an overpriced hotdog or burger, but spending two hours in a cinema, which probably has a few chain restaurants nearby if your famblee really can't go without food for that long? Really?

Secondly, I accept that cinema tickets seem expensive, but I also accept that going to the cinema is a luxury- and it's a luxury I am willing to pay for. This especially applies with the two independent arthouse cinemas near me- I am more than happy to support them, especially as they hold parunt and baybee screenings which means I can just go to their other screenings and avoid sprogs altogether, A lot of breeders seem to believe that a trip to the cinema with their famblee is an essential rather than a luxury, and one which should be subsidised and heavily discounted- parunting is so stressful, why don't CF people realise this and pay higher ticket prices so breeders can have much-needed trips out with the famblees they willingly chose to have, eh?

Finally, if I was a cinema worker on minimum wage, and even if I was a CF one, I would still find the sight of a moo or duh rocking up with their brood, a £1,000 Bugaboo pram, an iPad or four and all manner of overpriced baby clothes and kyd crap, racking up a totally unnecessary £30 bill on crap food, and then having the nerve to complain about the cost, more than a little bit galling. Plenty of workers on the minimum wage can't buy cars, pay for foreign holidays, or even afford a nice place to live- I wonder what they think of these people who have the luxury of being able to afford to sprog and who still have the nerve to claim their lives are soooooo hard.
April 06, 2016
I would just get the same style box of candy for a dollar and put it in my purse. Dh has a thing for fountain soda and of course need popcorn. But we don't go to the movies very often anyway. I still have to tell my Star Wars horror story from a month ago.
April 06, 2016
screaming sausage
yurble
Butthurt Duh

I realise you may have been aiming that at 25-year-old Butthurt Duh, but for the record, I personally am not complaining about cinemas.

Yes. I quoted the text from him not the text you wrote, since my comment was about his complaint. Nothing you said seemed to contradict what I wrote. confused smiley
April 06, 2016
Cheers yurble- and sorry! I didn't want you to think that I assumed all cinema workers on the minimum wage would be jealous of breeders because they wanted kyds, it was more that they'd find it galling that relatively well-off people were spending outrageous amounts of money in front of them and then having the nerve to complain!

25 years old is rather young for someone to be sprogging though, no matter how successful that window cleaning business of theirs is winking smiley
April 06, 2016
screaming sausage
Cheers yurble- and sorry! I didn't want you to think that I assumed all cinema workers on the minimum wage would be jealous of breeders because they wanted kyds, it was more that they'd find it galling that relatively well-off people were spending outrageous amounts of money in front of them and then having the nerve to complain!

25 years old is rather young for someone to be sprogging though, no matter how successful that window cleaning business of theirs is winking smiley

No, I didn't think that - rather, I think it's standard that anyone who is low-wage is going to be quite offended by observing widespread entitlement around them. Hell, people who aren't low-wage are bothered by it, too!
April 06, 2016
It is galling to be a cinema drone and have to field complaints about prices when your paycheck would not allow for seeing movies if not for the perk of getting to see movies for free as part of the job.

The only movie theater that is worth getting food at is the Alamo Drafthouse. It's real food, not just popcorn, soda, hotdogs, nachos, and candy and it's of pretty good quality. It's overpriced, but that's why their ticket prices are cheaper than the competition. Plus, the Alamo tends to be stricter on the presence of children and doesn't tolerate disruptions.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
April 06, 2016
creativelycf
Here it's $12 for a ticket, a large pop will cost between $5 and $8. A big box of candy can cost close to, if not, $4...well you get the picture.

Now if you go to the city and want the VIP seats (adults only) that's $20 / ticket. I'm not sure about 3D, never been to a 3D film.

And precisely why I watch movies at home... comfortable seats, normally priced and portioned snacks, clean restrooms, and no riff-raff antics taking away from the film.
April 06, 2016
My thoughts are similar to yours, studiofiftyfour. Rude people (now armed with cell phones), ineffective parents, and sky-high ticket prices have made movies a rare event for me. Mr. Random and I will go if he finds a good coupon deal at a local place we like (they have an adult-only sky box and super-comfy seats.

25 years old and he has kids who're old enough to go to the movies?? Damn, he started EARLY.

Of course, my definition of "old enough" is likely different from his. I think kids should be old enough to sit through the whole thing, stay reasonably quiet, and understand the social norms well enough to stay in their own space. So...around school age for a lot of kids. The guy in the article, though, probably wants to take his toddler and four year old to a movie. Bleh.
April 06, 2016
Wow, talk about first-world problems. "Waaaaaaaaaaah! I can't afford to buy my kids loads of high-callory, nutrition-less junk food at the movie theatre! It's not faaaaaaiiiiiir!"
These dumbasses and their fuckstains should all be shipped off to some third-world country and forced to live like the locals. Wanna bitch about expensive junk food? How about you try not having any food at all! See how you like it when your kids are crying in pain from not having eaten in days, or when you have to work in horrible conditions just to make enough money to feed your family which is hardly anything at all.
That's real suffering, breeders. The fact you can't afford ass loads of unnecessary junk food is nothing compared to what some people have to endure on a daily basis. So, pardon me while I save my sympathy for someone who truly deserves it.
Oh, and if you're 25 and on minimum wage with two kids, I think you should sit down and consider your priorities. Going to the theatre is a luxury, not a necessity. It's not the theatre's fault you were so fucking stupid you couldn't put on a condom.
April 06, 2016
randomcfchick
My thoughts are similar to yours, studiofiftyfour. Rude people (now armed with cell phones), ineffective parents, and sky-high ticket prices have made movies a rare event for me. Mr. Random and I will go if he finds a good coupon deal at a local place we like (they have an adult-only sky box and super-comfy seats.

25 years old and he has kids who're old enough to go to the movies?? Damn, he started EARLY.

Of course, my definition of "old enough" is likely different from his. I think kids should be old enough to sit through the whole thing, stay reasonably quiet, and understand the social norms well enough to stay in their own space. So...around school age for a lot of kids. The guy in the article, though, probably wants to take his toddler and four year old to a movie. Bleh.

All good points made here, randomcfchick... sky box seating at the movies does appeal to me. Unfortunately my local theatres offer the standard movie fare as far as seating and concessions go.
April 06, 2016
electricfire
Wow, talk about first-world problems. "Waaaaaaaaaaah! I can't afford to buy my kids loads of high-callory, nutrition-less junk food at the movie theatre! It's not faaaaaaiiiiiir!"
These dumbasses and their fuckstains should all be shipped off to some third-world country and forced to live like the locals. Wanna bitch about expensive junk food? How about you try not having any food at all! See how you like it when your kids are crying in pain from not having eaten in days, or when you have to work in horrible conditions just to make enough money to feed your family which is hardly anything at all.
That's real suffering, breeders. The fact you can't afford ass loads of unnecessary junk food is nothing compared to what some people have to endure on a daily basis. So, pardon me while I save my sympathy for someone who truly deserves it.
Oh, and if you're 25 and on minimum wage with two kids, I think you should sit down and consider your priorities. Going to the theatre is a luxury, not a necessity. It's not the theatre's fault you were so fucking stupid you couldn't put on a condom.

I don't believe this guy. When I made minimum wage the only extracurricular activity was finding a second job so I could keep a roof over my head. No way he is making minimum wage, has two kids and can afford to take them all to a movie and spend £70. A sum like that could pay a bill, provide groceries, or other kinds of necessities. This doesn't add up. He must be living rent free, or with his mahm or other relative.
April 06, 2016
freya

I don't believe this guy. When I made minimum wage the only extracurricular activity was finding a second job so I could keep a roof over my head. No way he is making minimum wage, has two kids and can afford to take them all to a movie and spend £70. A sum like that could pay a bill, provide groceries, or other kinds of necessities. This doesn't add up. He must be living rent free, or with his mahm or other relative.

He's missing out on teaching his kids a valuable lesson, as well. You don't need to guzzle 40 ounces of Pepsi and gobble down a box of Goobers to enjoy a film. Just sit quietly and pay attention.

I notice a lot of parents don't even talk to their kids anymore, they just shut them up with junkfood and electronic devices 24/7.
April 06, 2016
Breeders in general like giving their kids food to shut them up. A mouth full of chips or candy is a mouth that isn't screaming or crying or asking questions, which is precisely why kids are CONSTANTLY eating no matter where you look.

I don't go to the movies much at all - I'd say less often than once a year, and I can manage to go 2-3 hours without stuffing my face. If I can't, then I buy snacks and drinks at a gas station or dollar store, hide them in my purse or coat and eat them once the lights die down in the theater. I know that theaters make most of their money on concession sales, which is why it's like five bucks for a candy bar and eight for a soda. I'm a cheap bastard, so if I absolutely must have something sugary or crunchy, I get it before I get my ticket from someplace else. I went to the movies a lot as a kid and I never once visited the concession stand because there was a fuckin' gas station across the street from the theater where I could get two candy bars for a buck.

Butthurt Duh himself interjected to say that he'd happily bring his own food from home but that choosing treats at the cinema was part of the experience for his children.

Why does it have to be part of the experience? If you have them think they need to get candy from the concession stand, then they're going to want everything and throw a tantrum when they don't get it. I went to the movies a lot as a kid and I never once got anything from the concession stand because my mother would take me to the gas station to get any desired garbage before going into the theater. It never occurred to me to even look at the concession stand because I got what I wanted from the gas station. Why can't picking out cheap candy at Dollar General be part of the movie experience where Duh teaches the kids the importance of saving money as well as planning ahead? Or maybe teaching them that they can handle sitting in a seat and not stuffing their pieholes for an hour and a half like sane human beings?

As a small aside, Hot Topic pants with two dozen pockets on them are great for sneaking candy into theaters. Not that I know from experience. Just make sure you don't put chocolate bars in the butt pockets. smiling smiley
April 06, 2016
"I was talking to my friend Desdemona the other day. She runs the Space Station and Bake Shop down near Boom Town and she told me that human beings are flawed individuals, that the cosmic bakers took us out of the oven a little too early and that's the reason we're as crazy as we are, and I believe it! Take for example when you go to the movies these days, you know? They try to sell you this "jumbo"drink: Eight extra ounces of watered down Cherry Coke for an extra 25 cents. I don't want it. I don't want that much organization in my life. I don't want other people thinking for me. I want ..... My Junior Mints!!!! Where did Junior Mints go in the movies? I don't want a 12 pound Nestle Crunch for twenty five dollar. I WANT JUNIOR MINTS!!! WE NEED MORE FRUITCAKES IN THIS WORLD! AND LESS BAKERS! WE NEED PEOPLE THAT CARE! I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!"

~Jimmy Buffett, Fruitcakes
April 07, 2016
StudioFiftyFour
He's missing out on teaching his kids a valuable lesson, as well. You don't need to guzzle 40 ounces of Pepsi and gobble down a box of Goobers to enjoy a film. Just sit quietly and pay attention.

Pretty much this. He's setting them up for a bad relationship with food in later life. People who don't pay attention to their food end up consuming more calories, which of course encourages obesity. And people who come to associate junk food with feeling good can develop emotional eating habits, which is also bad for overall health.
April 07, 2016
I've not gone to the movies in years. I'm satisfied with Netflix. Not paying $10-20 to listen to little howlers.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 07, 2016
I don't like going to the cinema anymore - invariably the experience is going to be ruined by rude brats and their clueless parents. Going to see Deadpool was nice, though - 0 brats!

When I was a kid, we rarely visited the concession stand if we were lucky enough to actually go see a movie. Usually we had to wait until a popular movie was shown on regular TV with commercial breaks. We thought it was the shit when we got a VCR and could rent movies after they'd been in the theater!

You know these whinging parents provide tablets to their sprogs with Netflix subscriptions, huge flatscreen TVs with premium cable and Direct TV and own a mountain of Blu-rays on top of all that. If they can't effing afford to take the brats to a damn cinema, I'm sure they'll survive.

IMHO, a kid hasn't lived until they've recorded their favorite movie off CBS and watched it until the tape is degrading, meticulously fast-forwarding through all the commercials throughout.
April 07, 2016
The movie theater experience has been ruined, like going to a major league sports event. Ruined by corporate greed and breeders and rude assholes. Those things were normal activities you could do with the famblee, not some big event that people need to save up for half a year just to see a movie or a game. The weekend dollar matinees were a good way to get kids out of the house, parents didn't even go.
April 07, 2016
After going to the theatre in my younger years, I decided to quit after seeing shitty shows and dealing with rude, loud people. I usually left the theatre wishing I never went in the first place.

I have a 55 inch 3D TV in my bedroom. If I want to enjoy a movie, that's where I wanna be!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login