Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Day in the Life of a SAHM

Posted by clematis 
Re: A Day in the Life of a SAHM
September 16, 2008
Amethyst: hilarious! Somehow your schedule rings more true! "whispering to Bob"---LOL!

I liked reading all the other CF typical days. Common themes among them are contentment, satisfaction, fun, and untrammeled pursuit of personal interests. Pretty sweet.
deegee
September 16, 2008
Amethyst, that was a riot! I counted 4 donuts and 3 pop-tarts.

The only part of her day I actually appreciated was the "fart loudly" part LMAO!

priceless..........
September 16, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amethyst Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 9:20 am - Load washing machine. Sit down. More
> > coffee. There's one Pop Tart left and it looks
> > lonely. Almost as lonely as.... no! Don't think
>
>
> This sounds like a friend of mine with 3 kids.
> She's also a SAHM with a baby and that's exactly
> how she rationalizes snack time, which could be
> all day long.

I have known several women who rationalize poor eating habits due to all of the kiddie snack food being in the house. I don't really understand that though because shouldn't they be giving the kids healthy snacks like fruit anyway? None of the traditional "kiddie food", except mac and cheese appeals to me anyway. All of that expensive microwave junk like the nuggets and what looks like kiddie hotdogs stink so bad while they are cooking, I don't see how they could feed it to their kyds much less eat it themselves.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2008
Amethyst oh thats soooooooooo GREAT!!!! i must copy and paste and email it to my CF sister, it thats ok
September 17, 2008
I could spend the day at a proctology exam and it would be better than being a SAHM.
September 17, 2008
CEREAL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 17, 2008
I know someone who has to eat that shit food because his wife has it in the house for their children. A grown man with a skinny, boring wonder bread sandwich and Trix flavor yogurt. it's so sad. He became a father of twin infants when he was 55. look at what he's reduced to. I know, I know, bed, made, lie.
September 17, 2008
"A grown man with a skinny, boring wonder bread sandwich and Trix flavor yogurt."

Yech! That's not even food! That is insulting to her husband and just plain flat wrong. COOK something satisfying and yummy already! Put some leftover pork roast with roasted veggies in a Gladware container and some sliced cuke with a splash of vinegar and dusting of parsley in another for a good lunch! Or whatever! Cold pasta salad, home made cream of celery-parmesan soup in a thermos with a nice meatloaf sandwich (mouth watering here)...give the man food! Not this artificial processed sludge! Yuck!
September 17, 2008
It does make me feel odd when I nuke something and you can smell the indian or japanese food I'm reheating. I mean, I'm not being obnoxious with the scent but I am puzzled as to why people eat that crap- chicken tenders (does no one but me see that big tendon in the middle?) and all the other carnival food breeders seem to love.
September 17, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> chicken tenders and all the other
> carnival food breeders seem to love.

Carnival food!!! Haha! Last week I saw a package of re-constituted chicken, breaded, and pressed into the silhouettes of teddy bears. How obtuse is that? Teddy-bear-shaped-chickenesque-meat-pieces.

I always want to call moocows out when they try to describe how their days are FULL.

Bull.

Shit.

My sis has demonstrated to me what passes for 'busy' in a breeder household. Apparently, sitting on the sofa watching a child attempt to push a square peg into a round hole for 20 minutes actually counts as being busy. Oh and so is watching them brush their teeth. Telling them to do some things apparently takes hours out of every day. Making half a sandwich and putting some fritos on a plate takes all afternoon. But oh if they ask for some paper and crayons to draw, well standing up and opening a drawer and taking out a few sheets along with a box of crayolas is a major time-consuming task which will mean they don't get into bed until midnight....

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 17, 2008
I am amazed at how mac and cheese ( high in salt and crap) pressed chicken parts ( butts and lips), and sugary drinks are now considered healthy for kids.

No wonder the little shittlings are obese and have so many health problems at a young age. Hopefully this crap eating will weed out the weaker ones and and the strong will only survive.
September 17, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> I am amazed at how mac and cheese ( high in salt
> and crap) pressed chicken parts ( butts and lips),
> and sugary drinks are now considered healthy for
> kids.
>
> No wonder the little shittlings are obese and have
> so many health problems at a young age. Hopefully
> this crap eating will weed out the weaker ones and
> and the strong will only survive.

I have a 3 y/o nephew who will eat nothing else, except candy and dog kibble. I used to think he was a little young to be gnawing on beef jerky until I realized he was going into the dog food stash at my MIL's and eating Pupperoni treats. If you don't watch him he will be down on all fours and eating the dog chow straight out of the bowl, but it's probably more healthy than those chicken nuggets he eats on a daily basis.
September 17, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
> Rose Red Wrote:
> -----
> > chicken tenders and all the other
> > carnival food breeders seem to love.
>
>
> Carnival food!!! Haha! Last week I saw a package
> of re-constituted chicken, breaded, and pressed
> into the silhouettes of teddy bears. How obtuse is
> that?
> Teddy-bear-shaped-chickenesque-meat-pieces.
>
>Breeders love food in shapes! and all the artificial color you can handle. soda soda soda. Fruit roll ups! god help us.
September 17, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:

>
> I have a 3 y/o nephew who will eat nothing else,
> except candy and dog kibble. I used to think he
> was a little young to be gnawing on beef jerky
> until I realized he was going into the dog food
> stash at my MIL's and eating Pupperoni treats. If
> you don't watch him he will be down on all fours
> and eating the dog chow straight out of the bowl,
> but it's probably more healthy than those chicken
> nuggets he eats on a daily basis.

Ok. for all my grand food posturing I will admit to winning 5 bucks off my step dad for eating a big spoon of Mighty Dog chicken flavor. When I was 14.
September 17, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> kidlesskim Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > I have a 3 y/o nephew who will eat nothing
> else,
> > except candy and dog kibble. I used to think he
> > was a little young to be gnawing on beef jerky
> > until I realized he was going into the dog food
> > stash at my MIL's and eating Pupperoni treats.
> If
> > you don't watch him he will be down on all
> fours
> > and eating the dog chow straight out of the
> bowl,
> > but it's probably more healthy than those
> chicken
> > nuggets he eats on a daily basis.
>
> Ok. for all my grand food posturing I will admit
> to winning 5 bucks off my step dad for eating a
> big spoon of Mighty Dog chicken flavor. When I
> was 14.

LOL. I have tasted cat food before.
September 17, 2008
Two words...
Lunchables and Uncrustables.

If you are too fucking lazy to put cheese and crackers in a plastic bag, or apply peanut butter and jelly to bread, it's obvious that raising children will be too much work for you.

Parents are really driving us down the shitter, aren't they?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 17, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> Two words...
> Lunchables and Uncrustables.
>
> If you are too fucking lazy to put cheese and
> crackers in a plastic bag, or apply peanut butter
> and jelly to bread, it's obvious that raising
> children will be too much work for you.
>
> Parents are really driving us down the shitter,
> aren't they?

Lunchables are NASTY as hell. I got one out of my mother's refrigerator once thinking it would be a quick snack, but I couldn't stomach it. It had some fake pita bread like round cardboard crap in it, with a few pepperoni that looked like scabs, a restaurant size 1/2 ounce of "sauce" that just plain stank. It came complete with some plastic looking shredded "cheese" and a shitty little red stick to spread it all out. Eeewwww, and it had a $3.29 price tag on it too. Anyone who would buy that shit and send it as a lunch can't care about nutrition OR buying food economically. A pack of ham and some cheese could have been bought for that amount just about and would have been enough for sandwiches for lunch all week long. I think it's a combination of ads geared toward kyds and lazy moomies.

Advertising geared toward kyds will make them eat or do just about anything. I remember my little sister ate a whole tub of Imperial margarine once in an attempt to try to get a crown to pop up on her head, like in the commercial.
September 17, 2008
Lunchables are gross. I went to a conference and the lunchables were provided as a snack. Most of us threw them in the trash.
All the kids foods are gross and just plain bad for you.
Why in the world would anyone not be able to make a salad and some a grilled chicken breast for dinner? It isn't rocket science or time consuming to make a meal. Must be plain laziness.
Anonymous User
September 17, 2008
I don't get why the moos can't make (or be bothered to make) healthier versions of kid favourites. For example, I often make homemade mac n cheese, but I use brown pasta, low-fat milk, wholemeal flour and add veges like pureed broccoli. And I cook the pasta in the water that I used to cook the broccoli in, so the vitamins in the water don't get wasted. Oh, and no one ever taught me how to do this, I just did it. Moos seem to need a three-inch thick manual to tell them how to do the simplest things. They seem to have no initiative whatsoever.
September 18, 2008
Ooh, yeah, Arctic_Fox, home made mac 'n cheese is on a different level entirely than "the box" or, as Canadians lovingly say, "Kraft Dinner" (I understand it's considered a food group up there). grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

I love making mac 'n cheese; the quintessential comfort food. Like you I like brown pasta but use whole milk and some really sharp cheddar with a little pepperjack and some pimentos fished from the olive jar. Souse the pasta in cheese sauce and bake it in the oven till the top cheese is just brown...yum. Super easy. Doesn't take more time than fiddling with the box kind, and so much more wholesome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login