Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All the big boxes of plastic crap....

Posted by punctuator 
All the big boxes of plastic crap....
May 21, 2016
I work a second job for a certain big-box retailer (reluctant to name names, lest the names be listening, but let's just say our color scheme leans toward RED and KHAKI), and while I very much enjoy and appreciate the working environment (my first job, for which I deal with scads of scabrous court documents, being a cross between "the lowest circle of Hell" and "complete fucking shit") and get along well with my team, the amount of (MOSTLY) PLASTIC FUCKING BABY CRAP we ship from our store on a daily basis is nothing short of soul-maiming. At a guess, I'd say that roughly forty percent of our orders are sprog-related: sprog baths, play yards (since "play pen" is apt to sound insulting to the Modern Almighty Moo, I guess), car seats, bottles, toys, food and snacks, DIAPERS DIAPERS DIAPERS, swaddling cloths and carriers, bedding, breast-feeding shit of every description, creams and shampoos and soaps, wipes, wipe WARMERS, monitoring units, and clothing. Oh, and did I mention DIAPERS? (And, by the way, if you're old enough to VAMP for the fucking camera for the box photo, you're TOO FUCKING OLD TO BE WEARING DIAPERS. Thank you.) Then, as a cherry on that big heap-o'-baby-shit sundae, we cram the packing boxes with those little inflatable plastic air pillows. Which are labeled as "recyclable"-- and which, I'm certain, are, nine little inflatable air pillows out of eight, presently helping to increase the size of that twice-Texas-sized blob of garbage plastic floating in the Pacific to something nearer the size of Australia.

Just had to vent. It's a good corporation for a big-box giant, and they've treated me very well, but, Jesus, the fucking baby crap....
Re: All the big boxes of plastic crap....
May 21, 2016
I also tend to hate humanity more than usual when I'm forced to confront our mass stupidity (especially those who breed), for instance when I'm trying to walk and all I can see is a traffic jam.
May 21, 2016
I think of it for sure when I am at any event which is insanely crowded, people barely able to move and a preggo is waddling about.
May 21, 2016
punctuator
I work a second job for a certain big-box retailer (reluctant to name names, lest the names be listening, but let's just say our color scheme leans toward RED and KHAKI), and while I very much enjoy and appreciate the working environment (my first job, for which I deal with scads of scabrous court documents, being a cross between "the lowest circle of Hell" and "complete fucking shit") and get along well with my team, the amount of (MOSTLY) PLASTIC FUCKING BABY CRAP we ship from our store on a daily basis is nothing short of soul-maiming. At a guess, I'd say that roughly forty percent of our orders are sprog-related: sprog baths, play yards (since "play pen" is apt to sound insulting to the Modern Almighty Moo, I guess), car seats, bottles, toys, food and snacks, DIAPERS DIAPERS DIAPERS, swaddling cloths and carriers, bedding, breast-feeding shit of every description, creams and shampoos and soaps, wipes, wipe WARMERS, monitoring units, and clothing. Oh, and did I mention DIAPERS? (And, by the way, if you're old enough to VAMP for the fucking camera for the box photo, you're TOO FUCKING OLD TO BE WEARING DIAPERS. Thank you.) Then, as a cherry on that big heap-o'-baby-shit sundae, we cram the packing boxes with those little inflatable plastic air pillows. Which are labeled as "recyclable"-- and which, I'm certain, are, nine little inflatable air pillows out of eight, presently helping to increase the size of that twice-Texas-sized blob of garbage plastic floating in the Pacific to something nearer the size of Australia.

Just had to vent. It's a good corporation for a big-box giant, and they've treated me very well, but, Jesus, the fucking baby crap....
Plastic and waste go hand in hand with retailers and their desire to to please the almighty moos and their sproggen. If they got rid of that stuff, the holy heifers might complain that the company isn't 'serving their needs' and take their business elsewhere.

It's annoying (and disgusting) as hell, but the CEOs see nothing but dollar signs and would not bat as eyelash at serving up the most wasteful products known to man if it meant more customers pulling up in the parking lots.
May 26, 2016
I always thought baybee supplies were just a sliver of sales. Dry groceries and fresh are the big money makers
May 26, 2016
shy lurker
I always thought baybee supplies were just a sliver of sales. Dry groceries and fresh are the big money makers

Maybe so, but the markup for kid supplies has to be higher, especially with the low oil and gas prices we have now so the plastic does not cost much to make, but big profits for Playskool, Little Tykes, Fisher-Price, and the diaper manufacturers. After all, parents HAVE to buy them to keep the brats from whining!
May 28, 2016
mr. neptune
shy lurker

Maybe so, but the markup for kid supplies has to be higher, especially with the low oil and gas prices we have now so the plastic does not cost much to make, but big profits for Playskool, Little Tykes, Fisher-Price, and the diaper manufacturers. After all, parents HAVE to buy them to keep the brats from whining!

Bizzy mahms will go to one store to buy baybee supplies, groceries, towels, clothing and junk food at the fast food counter. I'd guess many of the larger stores cater to this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login