Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacher visiting site/ Sherz

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Teacher visiting site/ Sherz
March 30, 2006
I enjoyed the Sherz comments -from a teacher who spends hours weekly in the trenches. I to do this and can say this is exactly what is happening. Even with the poor kids I work with these last few years.

Last friday, I was threatned in third hour that a kid planned to stab me in the neck after I expressed to the table of rotten kids that throwing papers at my back while I talked to other teacher- was not going to get them ahead in life. Of course they all plan to be pro- what ever players or rapper( all the desk pounding- to a stupid beat they all play the same beat- as their prep for the limelight). This kids is on welfare and said the paper he wasted was of little concern( yep- we paid for that you little &@^#%.) I wrote up a dean referral and he is pending expulsion( will get to go to another school and we will help pay bus pass)- but he admitted it- said yep he had planned to do it. Then seventh period a rotten kid was chewing gum. Just a quick side note on this. Although this would seem benign to most. The no gum is a school rule. I have gum hanging from my tables, on the new carpet ground in, on my chairs, on my walls, on the steps to my classroom and finally in my textbooks. It spit it out everywhere. So I asked this girl to spit it out- she walked by trash can, I said please spit your gum. She said I heard you the first time, actually screamed it at me.
I walked by again and she was still chewing. Last week got kicked out of detention she was serving for chewing gum and in the detention chewing gum and talking.
So I wrote her up, handed her the paper and asked her to leave and go to dean. She took her own sweet time, I said in a quiet tone, you can leave. She pushed back the chair and hit the wall and screamed- I heard you bitch. Then said you don't know me, you can't talk to me like that. I am going to kick your mother fucking ass bitch. I remembered closing my eyes as I was sure the next thing was a blow to the face as she lunged toward me. She did not hit me, I said just leave. I really thought I was going to get my ass kicked, but a big ugly disrespectful nasty girl.
The admin. did back me, but I was suprised as that is not always the case, just as this other teacher stated about the detention- that is usually the flow of things.
To top it off the school police said to me they will investigate and if the kids are not a jerk to her, she will just site, not arrest. WTF- nice to you. Of course nice to you, they know you have some power, Try being in a room of 40 plus kids with out your badge, and gun. But she is a breeder- has pictures of her kids everywhere. I nice to kids on hall way- so they can see police are their friend. Stupid bitch.

I left work, very upset, not wanting to go back to teaching, and knowing I need to for another school year after this- then I am done.
But right now some dumpy ass mother is sitting at home, saying not my baby, they are precious, they would never- that stupid teacher.
When she was prego -someone I am sure said- you are going to be a great mom.
Nope, don't see those around anymore, just kids from hell and its only getting worse- and we all suffer for it.
We are the smart one- no kids for me.
Re: Teacher visiting site/ Sherz
March 30, 2006
why not tape the things, evidence, however that can be dangerous in itself, but if worst comes to worst, you have evidence.
Anonymous User
March 30, 2006
Halen

I am so sorry to hear about what you have to put up with at work.Teaching kids would be challenging at any time but to have to put up with the abuse you are getting well it is just not good enough.You should no-t have to put up with this.I agree with mercurior - I think you should tape the vermin.
I was interested in one part of you r post when you mentioned the school police.What are school police?
Anonymous User
March 30, 2006
Halen

I am so sorry to hear about what you have to put up with at work.Teaching kids would be challenging at any time but to have to put up with the abuse you are getting well it is just not good enough.You should not have to put up with this.
I agree with mercurior - I think you should tape the vermin.
I was interested in one part of you r post when you mentioned the school police.What are school police?
Sherz
March 30, 2006
Dear Halen,

My heart breaks for you. Fortunately, I've worked with 8-10 year-olds. They are at least small enough, if they are violent, that they can't do too much damage. I've never been hit by a student, but a child about 4 years ago threatened me with a knife. The blade was only 2 1/2 inches long. It needed to be 3 inches long for him to be expelled. He was suspended for 2 days, and my principal could have given him ten according to our county's safe schools policy. She felt sorry for him because he told her he brought it to school because he has to walk hom through a rough neighborhood, and it was for protection. This 8 year-old had already molested a boy in the bathroom and on the playground. His mother reported at conference that he had killed 3 of their family pets, but in secret, not when he was in a rage. She found them disected in his closet. Sounds like the beginnings of a Dahmer, eh? He is now being pampered at our county's alternative school. The principal at the middle school didn't put up with his crazy shit!
I'm thankful for you that you only have a year left. I'm sure this is taking a toll on your mental and physical health. I've been on leave since October. I first took leave due to pneumonia ( I have asthma and was constantly sick due to idiot breeders sending their sick children to school.), but after I recovered my husband urged me not to go back for the rest of the school year. My entire family has noticed a huge positive change in my outlook on life since being off. THe leave is unpaid, so money is really tight, but I would rather live in poverty, until I find another job, than put up with the shit that goes with teaching.
As far as the video taping is concerned, I think it could help and hurt you. Our school buses have cameras. At first it worked out really well in proving to breeders that their little darling really did misbehave. Then, the breeders started asking for copies of the tapes when their children were accused. Of course, our county administration gave them a copy. They would pick the tapes apart, take things out of context, and soon the bus driver would be in trouble for being too harsh in his or her manner of speaking to their precious criminal. I can't imagine being a bus driver. I also can't imagine teaching to retirement age. I actually think I would die before I ever reached 67.
Hope today is a better day for you, Halen.

Sherz
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 30, 2006
That is total bullshit that an educated professional like yourself has to put up with bullshit from such rotten kids. I could never be a teacher. First altercation, I'd whip out my .38 and blow their fucking heads off. My hat's off to you for dredging through it. Good fucking luck.
March 30, 2006
Wow...you guys are tough for putting up with all that bullshit; I'd rank it right up there with surviving boot camp. I could never be a teacher because of my lack of patience with kids; I have come within inches of strangling my little cousin when she was just being a typical hyper 4-year-old. I have absolutely no reservations about slapping a kid across the head or beating the crap out of them if they were to be half as rotten as the kids described by Sherz and Halen.
Latrodectra
March 30, 2006
I think you two should take martial arts just so you can defend yourselves against the phycos you teach.

I'm amazed at what kids are allowed to get away with these days. I think bringing back spankings in the classroom would help. There could be cainings at lunch for the very bad students.

Yeah, I've had enough of this shit and I'm not even a teacher.
March 30, 2006
i wasnt talking about video taping i meant audio taping, it should give some ammo, and if anyone asks say i want to record my teaching so i can learn from my errors teaching. and it just so happens to have caught a kid killing another kid.

its as a safety device, if anything did happen, god forbid, you could say look, i told you, over and over, and this is what they said in class to me,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
anonymous guest
March 30, 2006
I feel sorry for both of you, Helen and Sherz. I seriously hope something is done so that those psychos can never do such things again.

Audio taping is actually a good idea, even if it's not school related. Even some cop was busted big time a few years back for abusing his powers of authority when some lady actually taped everything. It is actually very useful.

Also, self-defence was suggested. Definitely--any type of self-defence that focuses on mainly grappeling. You can also carry around some pepper spray, but then again, that may not be allowed in the school system. Too bad to, considering knives were allowed here when I was still in HS (I think they're still allowed too), if the blades are below 3 inches here also.
Blossom, and whomever else is interested...
School police are actual police officers whose "beat" is actually a school. It's supposed to be a kind of community building, "Officer Friendly" sort of thing, until one of the kids flips out at a teacher, or another kid. Then the school police officer is supposed to step back in their role of Law Enforcement Officer and actually put some FEAR into the kids. Lots of schools just have uniformed security guards, who can't really do much, except call the cops when something happens.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.