Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baby birds taking food back to the breeder parents

Posted by cfdavep 
Baby birds taking food back to the breeder parents
September 14, 2016
Today on Albany, NY channel 6 news there was a drive on where kids were getting a "backback full of food for the weekend" or "The Backpack Drive" Ten grand was raised for kids and I guess the parents also. It was considered to be food to get them through the weekend. I guess this goes home on Friday so "kids can eat" The kids "fly" from the nest pick up free food from the public, head back to the nest where they and the parents can eat over the weekend. Then school lunches for free during the week and at parks and some libraries. Don't forget the washer and dyers. Holy Cow!!!! A backpack full of condoms is the thing, but heaven forbid.
Re: Baby birds taking food back to the breeder parents
September 14, 2016
What about SNAP and the food pantries? Are the parunts selling their food stamps or are they just plain old irresponsible when it comes to budgeting their money. When we were on food stamps, we still had money carried over each month for a family of four. When we were cut off, we went hog wild on the last month spending every penny. I still cannot figure out how people can blow through their food stamps before the month is over, and I have five years of retail experience. There were many customers who had to put a cart load back because they didn't have enough to cover all of their shit. When I volunteered at the soup kitchen in order to get in to NHS, we would run out of food at the end of the month, and at the beginning of the month it was dead.

We have the buddy backpack program in my area.
September 14, 2016
Schools are now giving kids (and not just the poor ones) breakfast, lunch, dinner, food for the weekend, food in the summer, backpacks of school supplies and laundry services.
Are the parents not required to use the budgeted money they get for these very same things?
September 16, 2016
I was just thinking about this. This moo comes through my line. She said that she only wanted to buy so much because she wanted to get Papa Murphy's with her SNAP. I'm all like lolwut I had no idea that they accepted food stamps. She still had me void off quite a few items. After she leaves, I had to use the restroom. I saw her in customer service returning some of the items from the transaction.

I'm thinking that there's nothing wrong with frozen pizzas, so why couldn't she buy some "high end" frozen pizzas a couple dollars cheaper than Papa Murphy's. I don't really know their prices because I never order from them. When you are down and out, you need to give up luxuries. And pleeese don't give me the excuse that you want to "treat" yourself. SNAP is suppose to help supplement your food budget; it shouldn't be your meal ticket. It's sad and pathetic when people depend 100% of the gubment to feed them.

I learned how to budget and bargain hunt when I was a teenager. There's no excuse not to budget and shop around for deals. I hate to brag, but I got quite a bit of my kayaking gear and clothes for more than half off, slightly or never used on ebay. Some of it I got a deal on brand new. Next year I'm upgrading my kayak and found a great model for hundreds of dollars cheaper than listed retail price with free shipping on one website.
September 16, 2016
shy lurker
I learned how to budget and bargain hunt when I was a teenager. There's no excuse not to budget and shop around for deals. I hate to brag, but I got quite a bit of my kayaking gear and clothes for more than half off, slightly or never used on ebay. Some of it I got a deal on brand new. .

Oh, but you don't understand being a parent. Many parents like to be ripped off because if they bought everything at a bargain price, how can they guilt trip their kids into how much they spend on the kids? One reason I and the rest of the family are alienated from our mother is because she is almost 90 years old, but she still (tries, that is) to guilt trip us over how much money she spent on us kids and how poor they were when she grew up on a farm in Kansas with 11 other kids (I guess grandpa and grandma were sex mad back then. It's also living proof that growing up in breeder families has an effect on people that is not positive). I think this thinking is common, maybe it inflates their egos to spend too much money?
September 17, 2016
mr. neptune
shy lurker
I learned how to budget and bargain hunt when I was a teenager. There's no excuse not to budget and shop around for deals. I hate to brag, but I got quite a bit of my kayaking gear and clothes for more than half off, slightly or never used on ebay. Some of it I got a deal on brand new. .

Oh, but you don't understand being a parent. Many parents like to be ripped off because if they bought everything at a bargain price, how can they guilt trip their kids into how much they spend on the kids? One reason I and the rest of the family are alienated from our mother is because she is almost 90 years old, but she still (tries, that is) to guilt trip us over how much money she spent on us kids and how poor they were when she grew up on a farm in Kansas with 11 other kids (I guess grandpa and grandma were sex mad back then. It's also living proof that growing up in breeder families has an effect on people that is not positive). I think this thinking is common, maybe it inflates their egos to spend too much money?

I think they are just lazy. It takes time and effort to get a good deal on things. Sometimes I think it's worth my time and effort, sometimes not - it depends on how much money I'll save versus how much time I'll spend doing it.

Since breeders highly value any minute they get away from their kids, they don't want to spend it hunting for bargains. Or, if they'd have to do it with the kids, it becomes far too much work.

The only ones who "bargain hunt" are those who request ridiculous giveaways on Craigslist due to their breeder status.
September 17, 2016
DH and I hit the yard sales this morning, got a 10 gallon fish tank for a dollar and a gymbag and bag I can use as a purse for $4, a small lamp shade for 50 cents. Did pretty good today. Breeders can hit the yard sales also because many of them are chock full of kid crap, strollers and toys. Seriously saving requires planning.
September 18, 2016
I refuse to pay full-price for clothes. I do try to dress nice at least a few times a week and those clothes were bought on sale and with a coupon, but other than that it's HellMart, thrift store or hand-me downs. It always annoyed me to no end to see a dressed-up cow looking down on me while I worked the checkout line, put in their EBT, and tell me how hard they had it. I'm at the moment learning (fighting) how to really use my crock-pot in order to save money since I can make at least 4 meals for 10 bucks or so using it. There are so many things that can be made on the cheap, pizza crust included, that these stay-at-home cows have no excuse. I would think they would WANT to make things from scratch seeing as they are healthier instead of all the crap that goes into our processed food. I know I would if I had been stupid enough to breed. Grow my own veggies (even in an apartment you can grow small veggies), learn to can, and not have to worry about what actually went into their bodies and save a ton of money not buying junk.

But, then again, I didn't shat out my brain by calving.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
September 19, 2016
As disabled as I am I still manage decent food most of the time. Crock pots are my secret.

I can't put food into cold storage, as I share a standard fridge with three roommates in my subsidized housing. Still, I do far better than these stuffed up cows.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 19, 2016
OK, I can live with schools providing meals to poor kyds AT SCHOOL, because it's not the kyds' fault their pahrunts shat out a bunch of brats they can't afford.

However. I draw the line at sending the kyds HOME with a bunch of free food. A school doesn't need to provide free food for adults who are capable of working and are old enough to be held responsible for the consequences of breeding when they couldn't afford it. When the food gets sent home, we don't know who's eating it (maybe pahrunts and siblings are pigging out and the student gets nothing) or even that it's being eaten—for all we know, the pahrunts could be selling it to buy drugs, booze or food that's name brand/less healthy/whatever.

When I was in middle school a girl moved to our district in the middle of the year and sort of made her way into my friend group. There were multiple times she asked me to buy her lunch or share my own lunch with her because "her mom was broke," which I obliged because my 12-year-old self was too chickenshit to say no (leaving myself with little or nothing to eat), plus I felt bad. I got in trouble when my mom found out so I stopped. I quit feeling guilty after one day when she told us her pahrunts were buying her sister a motherfucking horse. angry smiley I mean, I know it wasn't her fault her pahrunts were dipshits, but DAMN.
September 19, 2016
I don't think it's laziness, because I can't be buggered to cook and I eat very inexpensively. I shop for food about once a month at a warehouse store and the bulk aisle of the health food store. I won't even buy bread because it goes bad before I can finish it, and I'm over frozen vegetables because they are even nastier reheated. I'd much rather hide dehydrated spinach in soup.

I make beans in the crock pot and that's about the extent of cooking for me. I even cold brew my iced tea all night to avoid boiling water. I eat ramen (I spring for the organic kind) with peanuts and dehydrated vegetables thrown in every day for lunch, and dinner almost always involves instant mashed potatoes. It's a little sad perhaps, but it's easy and pretty healthy.
September 19, 2016
rudeawakening
OK, I can live with schools providing meals to poor kyds AT SCHOOL, because it's not the kyds' fault their pahrunts shat out a bunch of brats they can't afford.

However. I draw the line at sending the kyds HOME with a bunch of free food. A school doesn't need to provide free food for adults who are capable of working and are old enough to be held responsible for the consequences of breeding when they couldn't afford it.

The school where I work does a backpack program. Bit of clarification: the food is NOT from the school lunch program. It's provided by the food bank, and the school is a handy pickup method. The school isn't providing the food.
September 22, 2016
When I was still working at the school and they did the start-of-the-year announcements and all that shit for all the staff, I learned that the local district does the weekend backpack food thing. I also learned that 65 percent of the ENTIRE district (we're talking two elementary schools, a middle school and a high school) "needed" the backpack program. They also offered breakfast and lunch to the students.

What in the actual fucking fuck are these parents spending money on that their kids need to be sent home with a bag full of food every single weekend?! Frankly, I'd be calling CPS if a parent was that incompetent and/or broke that they couldn't afford to feed their own damn kids on a regular basis. If I had to guess, the parents are probably selling their food stamps or scamming the system in order to get real money for their phones/booze/cigs/other substances and there's not enough left for actual food, so they cry poor to the school knowing that the district is run by suckers who won't let a child go hungry. They probably can't ask the parents to prove their lack of income because the parents will run screaming to the papers and news stations about how they were shamed for being poor.

If you're a breeder, food stamps are very generous. My old college roomie's family was on food stamps (I think there was a minor sibling still at home) and they had so much milk, bread and eggs (and other stuff) that they'd bring the overflow to us. And there was a lot too - I'm talking a constant supply of several cartons of eggs, gallons of milk and loaves of bread stuffing our fridge and freezer. So these parents have no excuse for not having enough to feed their little piglets.

I guarantee all the parents that "need" the backpack food grab are on government assistance. But I think the issue isn't so much being unable to feed their kids as it is food stamps not buying the processed slop breeders like to feed their kids. From what I understand, you can get very basic things with SNAP like generic cereals, fruit, bread, beans/rice, milk, eggs, certain snacks and so on. But since breeders don't want to have to lift a single finger (lest they damage their welfare-subsidized manicures), they'd rather get frozen shit, prepared foods and shit chock-full of artificial dye and stuff nobody can pronounce because it's easier than getting off their stretch-pantsed asses and making food from scratch.

You don't have to be a world-class chef to prepare a basic, home-cooked meal. Homemade mac-and-cheese is easy-peasy. Casseroles are easy. Pasta is easy. Stir-fry is easy. Sandwiches/subs are easy. Crock pot dishes are easy. Soups are easy. Salads are the definition of easy. Tacos are easy. Burgers are easy. There's a bazillion things you can do with potatoes. Breeders are just too fuckin' lazy to cook, so they'd rather have schools feed them and their broods. It takes a village, right?
September 22, 2016
I would love to use yard sales, but I am not risking bedbugs in furniture. Bedbugs are a HUGE problem where we live. So I have to pass on that sort of thing--even places like Goodwill and Sally Ann have this problem. I don't know who brought them in but Pueblo and Colorado are Bedbug Central. Luckily I have all the stuff I need, so all we worry about is food.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login