Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More "but the children" mooing

Posted by LoveToLurk 
More "but the children" mooing
September 19, 2008
This morning driving into work I was came across a radio show talking about an incident that occured in a small town near where I grew up. I don't know all the details, but the story is that one man shot and killed another man. It sounded like the man who was shot was a neighbor from hell, very violent and was making life miserable for those around him. He tried to run over one of his neighbors with his car and ended up getting himself shot (the shooting neighbor was an off duty SEPTA cop).

As I said I don't know a whole lot about the situation, but it sounds like this guy did loads and loads of things to terrorize his neighbors. One of the things he did was threaten to sic his dogs on the people's children. Yeah, I think it's pretty crappy to threaten to kill someone's kids just because the parent did something to piss the guy off. But jeezus, these duhds couldn't let it go: "He threated to unleash his rottweiler on their KIDS! It's so horrible to do that to kids" (But it's ok to do it to adults? shrug) After that there was the mooing about "What if someone threatened my kids? What would you do if someone threatned your kids?" (screw the kids, what would I do if someone threatened me?!?) But the thing that made me the most angry was when they mentioned that this man HAD unleased his Rottweilers on a neighbors smaller dog, and of course the little dog died. This little dog's death was mentioned in an offhand manner; "And his Rottweilers killed the neighbor's dog AND THEN HE THREATENED THE KIDS (the caps are there to show the emphasis put on the latter part of the sentence by the speaker). The poor little dog, nobody cares about it. angry smiley

I would have loved to hear more about what this guy was doing and what caused the situation to blow up like it did, but the breeders wouldn't move past the kid thing. It was rock solid "THE KIDS THE KIDS THE KIDS" talk, no intellegent conversation about their point of view about the shooting, did the guy deserve it or not, what else has he done besides threaten kids, was the shooter out of line or justified, not even real details about what happened. It was SO frustrating because this incident happend really close to where I grew up and I was dying to hear more of the facts.

Why does EVERYTHING have to revolve around the kids, even when the kids are a tiny part of what happened?
Re: More "but the children" mooing
September 19, 2008
That reminds me of the 53 y/o former neighbor of mine who was accosted by a random thug who was cruising for a victim and beaten to death in her own front yard last week. NO KYDS IN SIGHT,NO KYD INJURED, THREATENED OR HARMED. However, the first comment made by a reader of the news article was, "...I live in close proximity to this woman and I HAVE TWO SMALL CHYLLLRENNNNNN!!!! MY KYDS could have been harmed if this had happened to me!!!!!". No mention of the poor woman or her family other than an off handed, "We'll pray for your family", but rather what COULD have happened had it happened in HER yard would have been MUCH worse than the woman who got beaten to death with a pistol, because of the "chyldreen"......I get so sick and tired of hearing about "the chyldren" when they were'nt even present or harmed in any way.

A bank gets robbed and 20 customers were held hostage and two people killed, but do they report any of that after a cursory make mention? No, it's "That bank was next door to a daycare!!!!!!!CHYLLDRENNNNN could have been harmed". Regardless of the disaster, accident, injuries, or death toll, "the chlydren" card will be played. If there is NO WAY that they can play "the chyldren card", such as there was a bombing in an adult nudist gambling resort where no one under 21 was allowed within 500 feet, they will play up how many chylldren the victims had. "Richard Cox, better known as "Dicky the Cock" to resort regulars, was one of the victims found today, and he leaves 3 young children fatherless and his pregnant wife behind". No one gives a SHIT about any death or perceived threat of anyone but the kyds, or how it MAY affect or MIGHT have affected them.
September 19, 2008
Hey, you know what the late, great George Carlin said--"FUCK THE CHILDREN!!!"
September 19, 2008
I agree, it is revolting. As if an adult medical researcher or physicist or doctor or journalist or paramedic or therapist or pilot or philanthropist isn't worth a mention...but some squalling, spoiled, useless brat is. Not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login