Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unnfiltered Parenting or pretentious narcissism?

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Unnfiltered Parenting or pretentious narcissism?
December 16, 2016
From Sept. 6 to Nov. 27, photographer Ted Zolyniak aka Ted Zee documented the Murphy Peetz family of South Park, Seattle. Shawna Murphy and Christian Peetz are parents to 12-year-old Beezus and 6-year-old Minnow.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/unfiltered-photo-series-shows-what-progressive-parenting-looks-like_us_585164cfe4b092f086866e66?

These people are the flipside of fundies, and equally as annoying. Stop using your kids as mouthpieces for your extreme left views and take a fucking bath. And spend some money on clothes instead of tattoos.

link to article here

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: Unnfiltered Parenting or pretentious narcissism?
December 16, 2016
Also, this is my favorite comment, it reminds me of how Gluten-Free Girl is raising her crotchdroppings:

Elizabeth Morse
I grew up in a family like that in the 1970s, in the Pacific Northwest. I was the younger child of hippy activist types. It has taken me years to reconcile with the intrusive thought control that was implemented on my little brain and emotions when I was too small to underdstand or defend myself. They are burdened with a set of expectations that of course everyone agrees with-- but if you as a child have it drilled into you that you MUST CHANGE THE WORLD, what happens if when you grow up you really just want to play XBox? I chose to be just a normal human who has a seccessful career in Education but because I am not out there CHANGING THE WORLD, my mother has all but estanged herself from me in her profound narcisistic disappointment.A friend from a similar family, bent on rebellion, became a corporate lawyer. Another became a hairdresser. All families are "disappointed in you." See the family photo where the younger daughter has her arms crossed and is scowling off- camera? That is protest in the only way she knows how: sabotage the public image.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 16, 2016
Holy shite, where to start? I have a feeling those poor kyds are misfits in school; we all know how nasty other kyds can be in a school setting. FFS, "Beezus" and "Minnow"? Guaranteed to get ridicule from the names alone, and then add poor grooming habits and "learning challenges"-- from the first picture's caption--no wonder they look pissed.

Moo and Duh should let their kyds be kyds for the time being, and not encourage the activism already. If the girls want to do that when they're older, fine, but right now it looks like the parunts are attention-whoring. Look how progressive we are!!!eleventy! Maybe I'm not as progressive as I used to be...at least I harbor no illusions that I'm changing the world or that my non-existent kyds will do it for me. sarcastic clapping

As an aside, I wish I could find other progressive types who could forego having kyds. Considering their professed love for the Earth, maybe they would realize fewer people would be a good thing.
December 16, 2016
WTF moo looks like a Bettie Page impersonator who really yet herself go a lot downhill.

In the future hiring managers will skip over resumes with the names Minnow and Beezus. Beezus reminds me of Beelzebub mixed with Jesus or Zeus. Remember breeders many bosses and managers prefer simple one syllable names to lukneek, hard to pronounce, or odd names. Many people in management positions have simple, easy to remember names. I'm kind of angry at my mom for my long name, but I can go for a shorted form. It's just that I've always went by my formal name since middle school.
December 16, 2016
Beezus? I too enjoyed the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary, but naming a child Beezus would've never crossed my mind. Especially since "Beezus" was Ramona being unable to pronounce "Beatrice" as a toddler.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 16, 2016
I think extreme liberals and extreme conservatives are just two sides of the same coin. Both tend to have beliefs that defy logic and common sense. Both are intolerant of anyone who does not agree 100% with their worldview. Both would like to force their lifestyle on everyone. For all these reasons and more neither make good parents.
December 18, 2016
I just have to ask....after reading the GFG Twitters, GOMI and here of course.....are all people in that area flat out crazy? I can understand and appreciate activism, but to the point these people go to it seems less and less about the cause and more about attention whoring. Almost like they are trying to outdo each other in who can be the most "progressive, freedom fighter, crunchy protester" there is.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
December 19, 2016
beezus and butthead

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 19, 2016
addiea raine
I just have to ask....after reading the GFG Twitters, GOMI and here of course.....are all people in that area flat out crazy? I can understand and appreciate activism, but to the point these people go to it seems less and less about the cause and more about attention whoring. Almost like they are trying to outdo each other in who can be the most "progressive, freedom fighter, crunchy protester" there is.

They all look like they smell and have limbs cluttered with bad tattoos.

--------------------
December 20, 2016
addiea raine

There was no mention of veganism in this family. Drat!
I completely agree about the activism and attention whoring with healthy sides of one-upmanship.

There are definitely patches of crazy out here but not everyone is crazy. Some of us are working and living normal lives. Not everyone has the time to be so exhausting and into activism as this famblee. I feel bad for the youngest daughter because she seems to want to chart her own path and will probably internalize an ideology very different than the one being thrust upon her.

This is no better than the desperate moos who wear clothes identical to their teenage daughters, are botoxed to death, diet themselves to desiccation, artificially plump their faces, tan incessantly and desperately try to look like Barbie dolls. The far left versions tend to have visible arm pit hair, a "natural" odor, wear ill-fitting thrift store or obvious vintage clothing to make a statement, also look incredibly inappropriate for their age, have hair that is always tangled looking, diet themselves to desiccation through systematic limitation of everything they protest, and in this instance desperately trying to resemble a certain pinup doll before she found gawd. And they are very likely to regard themselves as earth mothers. I've known womben who religiously follow one of these lifescripts but the tragedy is the ones who live in a sea of clones and still cling to the idea that they are a unique specual sneauwflake.

Plenty of people have symbols to remind them to stay on their path without resorting to tattooing it all over their body. And while there is nothing wrong with tattoos I hold the argument that there are people from all ideologies and lifestyles who purposely expose their tattoos at every turn in hopes to have the opportunity to be asked about them so they can "raise awareness" and launch into a diatribe about whatever. Seen this used repeatedly as an attention whoring platform. Gives new meaning to wearing your heart on your sleeve.
December 20, 2016
Yep, unrelenting narcissism.

So my parents had met a couple of times before at the gay club where my mom did coat check on Saturday nights. They liked each other but my dad never asked my mom out

That's because he's gay?!? More likely a closet case or those ridiculous 'pan-sexual' types that simply can't admit it, and going by the creepy pics a kiddy diddler as well.

I can see that the kids are either going to rebel and become ultra-conservative, or become the shrill, in-your-face, obnoxious, vegan-dyke types.
December 20, 2016
nokidsandhappy
Yep, unrelenting narcissism.

So my parents had met a couple of times before at the gay club where my mom did coat check on Saturday nights. They liked each other but my dad never asked my mom out

That's because he's gay?!? More likely a closet case or those ridiculous 'pan-sexual' types that simply can't admit it, and going by the creepy pics a kiddy diddler as well.

I can see that the kids are either going to rebel and become ultra-conservative, or become the shrill, in-your-face, obnoxious, vegan-dyke types.

This.
Recently got back on facebook after 5 years. I don't know why. Because I'm an idiot. Anyway....

Saw my cousin that I haven't seen in 30 years on there so I friended her.

Now my aunt and uncle were die hard democrats and uncle was a wonderful man but an atheist. That's not bad but it comes into play. They were also wonderful people who provided their children a fantastic home and upbringing. So far so good.

I come to see all of my cousin's posts are Pro Trump and super god-bothering. I asked my mom (sister to my aunt) what the he'll happened. She tells me her sister is absolutely devastated with cousin's outcome. I mean, this aunt very outspoken about her democrat label that back when I was younger I heard mom talk about how she wouldn't go to so and so's wedding because they voted for Reagan.

Goes to show you that the saying the sign of a good education is when their children turn out exactly opposite of their parents beliefs.
December 21, 2016
That name is like Beezus from the Ramona Quimby books I used to read as a kid. It's supposed to be a real assbrained nickname for Beatrice. Who would take a beautiful name like Beatrice and fuck it up like that? Oh right, fundies.
December 22, 2016
Here's proof that parents have no interest in raising individual humans with their own desires- they all want mini-me's they can control. Those poor daughters are going to be teen-pregnant drug addicts, if they don't commit suicide first.

--------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login