Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

just a moment of gloating about weekends.

Posted by randomcfchick 
just a moment of gloating about weekends.
January 21, 2017
This week was a rough one for me. I was glad to leave work at the end of Friday. I picked up my spouse at his work place, we had dinner together, and he headed off for a planned thingy with friends. I was tired, but decided to pick up a few things at the store. NO ONE was there (it was 9 PM), so I actually enjoyed my errands. I went home, had a nice snack, played video games, had a hot bubble bath while the cat hung out in the bathroom being social, and listened to a favorite podcast while getting ready for bed. I slept like a rock.

I felt great when I got up this morning. SO fucking glad that I have NO kids to deal with so I can recharge and relax. Now I have the entire day ahead of me. I have a few things I need to do, but I can get those done when it suits me.

Weekends rock when your CF.

How about you guys?
Re: just a moment of gloating about weekends.
January 21, 2017
Mostly focusing on yardwork ATM. There have been some huge windstorms, and our yard basically looks like a forest exploded. I'm so glad we could get out there and do our work uninterrupted, without brats jumping into leaf piles and annoying us.

So glad to be CF, and the weekends are great. I get to spend them with my husband, doing what needs to be done or just chilling. Tonight it's burgers and fries, orange brandy, a cigar and bed. Tomorrow is R and R day, just relaxing, pampering and maybe going shopping without kids in tow.
January 21, 2017
Last night (Saturday), I had a spur of the moment idea, and caught up with old friends. Best part two friends I hadn't seen in almost 25 years came, and it was an awesome night of fun and frivolity. The best part was being able to let the hair down, and talk honestly with close friends without needing to temper the language for the precious snowflakes - as there wasn't any.

No pretenses, no PC rubbish and best of all no whining brats constantly interrupting. It was much needed after a horrible work week.
January 21, 2017
I normally take naps on my days off, damn you PMS and circadian rhythms

I went to bed early and slept in. I read some of my ever growing horde of kindle books. Surfed the internet afterwards. I took a long and relaxing bath. I went back on my laptop, read again. took a nap, read for a third time, went back online. read one last time, and slept. This is my winter weekend schedule. There were lay offs again, and they kept me. smiling face made up of smiles I now work first shift, so more time for hobbies this year especially going to the lake after work.

My weekend activities during the summer, spring, and fall are gardening, kayaking, and camping.
January 22, 2017
I've been sick so my weekend hasn't been much fun. It's dizziness which seems to spike later in the day. So I used my morning to cook healthy food to see me through the next several days in case I am not feeling better. I can't even imagine how much more my life would suck if I felt like this and had to deal with small children at the same time.
January 22, 2017
I work in the food industry so weekends for others are my weekdays, but I actually do get Sundays off for the time being. Today it's up in the air whether my evening is going to consist of frozen margaritas and a chocolate piñata or sake and Japanese food. And I may make an appearance at the employee holiday party before then if only to bitch out my coworkers for relentlessly badgering me after my initial "no" when they first asked if I was going to go.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
January 22, 2017
I've been sick the whole week (had fever every evening). I went to work anyway because I didn't want to miss out
and needed the ca$h as well.
Right after work, I went home, ate and went to sleep. No brats to take care of, just me.
On weekend, I did all the necessary stuff like cleaning, laundry etc. and then I just focused
on my health - healthy meals, herbal teas, relaxation. Peace and quiet, no yelling, no drama,
no tantrums.

I work with one divorced mother of two, she told me that she doesn't get enough sleep and her only
"me time" starts every day at 9.30 pm.
I am so glad that I have no children.
January 22, 2017
mrs. chinaski
I work with one divorced mother of two, she told me that she doesn't get enough sleep and her only
"me time" starts every day at 9.30 pm.
I am so glad that I have no children.

This would SUPER suck.

Sorry you've been sick mrs. chinaski. You too, yurble.

Today is gaming day. Slept in, and in a little bit Mr. Random and I are going to hit the store for snacks, etc before our friends get here for tabletop fun times.

No minors = we can talk about whatever the fuck we want during gaming. It's awesome.
January 22, 2017

Peace and quiet, no yelling, no drama,no tantrums.

I slept like a rock.

I have a few things I need to do, but I can get those done when it suits me.

See a common theme of awesome-ness here?

I work with one divorced mother of two, she told me that she doesn't get enough sleep and her only "me time" starts every day at 9.30 pm.

Super suck, indeed!

My mom used to say having children was one long interruption. Once you have a kid, particularly if you are a woman, you are thinking about it for the rest of your life, even if it isn't actually interrupting you at the moment. Is it hungry? What's it doing? (Destroying something, embarrassing you, getting into trouble?) You can forget about having a good night's sleep for at least 18 years. No thanks.

I seem to require a lot of "me" time to recharge my batteries. I am an introvert and I work a stressful job where I have people in my face all day. I am grateful I didn't have kyds because when I get home, my time belongs to me!
January 23, 2017
bell_flower
I seem to require a lot of "me" time to recharge my batteries. I am an introvert and I work a stressful job where I have people in my face all day. I am grateful I didn't have kyds because when I get home, my time belongs to me!

Because of my medical issues I require a CF life. Three times a week I use the YMCA's pool for exercise, and the rest of my time I'm in front of the PC with headphones on. Being on the spectrum, I'd kill a brat who bothered me too often.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 23, 2017
Every other week I have a four day weekend. Lots of drawing, writing, sci-fi watching, and depravity occurs. Only problem is that I am nocturnal so my schedule is out of sync with the rest of the world.

I would not change it for the world. I love my long lazy weekends and I actually have time to get my creative work done.
January 23, 2017
Had a "booze and snooze" weekend hosting my old boyfriend (just friends now. It was 20 years ago when we dated). He recently got out of a really bad relationship with a single moo with 4 kids that sucked him dry, so I wanted to pamper him a bit.

We got a huge amount of Chinese food and drank copious amounts of sake and Hazlitt's Red Cat while watching Hitchhiker's Guide. Stayed up until 6 a.m. watching a really cool animated film called Light Years.

We both slept late (him on the couch obviously) while DH met up with his folks. When DH got home I made pancakes and we all watched Game of Thrones.

It was a lovely weekend. Planning another in a month or so that will also include alcohol for breakfast (mimosas).
January 23, 2017
Being retired and CF gives me all the good things everyone here has boasted about but on a daily basis, not just on weekends.
January 24, 2017

Being retired and CF gives me all the good things everyone here has boasted about but on a daily basis, not just on weekends

Approximately 2-3 years from now.doG and financial markets willing, I will be posting an extremely smug, but not Breeder smug, post about my exit from the paid labor force. And unlike some smug cow who is patting herself on the back and congratulating herself for performing a biological function and taking the "you go, Girl/ socially approved" route of lying on her back, taking dick snot and 'retiring" from the paid labor force**, my exit will be an actual ACCOMPLISHMENT, one that required years of saving, stashing the maximum into my 401(k) since 1992, discipline and planning, which I can do because no babies ever.

**Or worse yet, remaining in the work force and taking advantage of all the workplace perks that parents give other parents, which include slacking off, skipping out after barely 8 mediocre hours of face time, refusing to travel or work overtime to get the job done, demanding "part time" work, while still taking off for every school function, implying their lives are generally more important due to being a parent. And let's not forget feeling entitled to promotions because they have "fambilees to support."

Living well is the best revenge. My day to day life is better and my retirement, or even working/doing what I want to do rather than what someone else wants me to do......it's all going to be GRAND. I'm not going to be tending grandbrats in my old age as many of my former friends are doing.

Thanks for the reminder, deegee!
January 24, 2017
I retired at 54 with a paid for house and car.
January 24, 2017
i do what I darn well please.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 30, 2017
My weekends are usually grand...full of pantless lounging and Netflix-watching, but this weekend was a bust. My mom called and Bingo'd me in an indirect, roundabout way, saying she just wants "someone to take care of me when I'm old because she's scared I'll have no one" if I don't have kids.

Say what?

That is at least 45 years in the future for starters. I'm in my early '30s now lol. Secondly, I'm in a committed relationship for the last 12 years, have two cats and lots of friends...live in a city I love and am perfectly happy. So she's worried about my future? Methinks she's just finding creative ways to push the issue of wanting grandkids without saying it directly, but it threw me for a loop emotionally (since I already had PMS haha). What if she's right and I am alone with no money and no support system when I'm elderly? What a shitty thought! I know logically that parents can be abandoned in nursing homes too, but at least they usually have someone to come visit them or help pay for their stay. If my gf dies first I might not have anyone; she's the more outgoing one and I have major social anxiety.

Eh, it's probably just the hormones talking. I plan to make this upcoming weekend much more chill. Hope everyone enjoys theirs as well smoking smiley
January 30, 2017
set up my refugium for my aquarium. tried to connect an overflow box but darn it all, ran into the proprietary garbage that many manufacturers seem to engage in.
So, I built my own from a video by the diy king of aquaria.
wouldn't be able to do that trying to deal with the constant interruption from buggers.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 31, 2017
I froze my butt off this weekend but I finally got to play with my torch. Last month, I had scrapped enough cash to fly to a beadcamp in Florida to take a class with the author of "Passing the Flame". It was fun and I finally got over my stupid fear. I still have no frickin' clue why I was having such a hard time with this setup considering my first setup consisted of a HotHead torch attached to a MAPP canister sitting between my knees. Had a few hiccoughs because my OxBox plug somehow got a little bent....I can only imagine how hard that would have been with brats screeching. Met a few friends later for a wonderful celebratory lunch (my birthday and I finally got my Master's....yay no more school!) and went back to playing with glass. This week I'm hoping to get a drip system in place so I can run a dehumidifier continuously cause living in the south, the humidity is a bitch. I think I may have already lost my air conditioner due to mold. There is a function on it where it can act as a dehumidifier and that's what I used while trying to figure out what went wrong on the stand-alone dehumidifier I have. Now it's working, I'm waiting on the hose I got for the drip system to adjust to it's size (it's still flat...I have it stretched out so the sun can help) and once that's done I'm going to run it along an old stand-up hanger bar and hang plants on it for a self watering system.

I love being Child-Free!

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
February 04, 2017
another weekend: today I ambled up and down stairs trying to move my books upstairs. mom died Christmas eve .. (despite the problems, a bummer), but have about 2000 things i'm trying to do at the same time. everywhere I turn there is something.. but... one day at a time. I'm slow but eventually it will get done. the book case is now almost empty. I have to go back down with a bag to get rid of those books I don't want (thrift store)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

February 19, 2017
First of all, congrats @ Addiea on getting your masters!! That's awesome!!!!

@TwoCents Sorry to hear about your mom, my Condolences.

I have been dealing with some stuff of my own over the past few months here. Some of you may have seen the post of the noisy neighbors.They kept pretty quiet after they were fined and are finally out of there. Management has also been working on getting some of the other troublemakers out of the building as well. It's a little more quiet now, which has been really nice.

My appointment with the ear, nose and throat doctor is coming up and in a weird way, I am looking forward to it. I hope that he can help me because allergy season is coming up and allergies seem to exacerbate things. The weather has gotten warmer here, going from about -30 to a few degrees above freezing so it's messed with my sinuses, setting off the pressure and the headaches.

As some of you know with the neighbors, I wasn't getting much sleep because of the noise. Now, I am going through a bout of insomnia; so when I do sleep, it's erratic. It's caused me to spend my waking hours walking around like a zombie and unable to accomplish much. I couldn't imagine being like this and having a baby or toadler around demanding attention and needing things all the time. As I type this, I have to stop and go back, read it over, to make sure it makes sense. No amount of caffeine helps these days it seems. Ugh I just need a full nights sleep without interruptions! I refuse to rely on OTC sleep aids because I don't want to rely on them and I know that they can become habit forming. There is also no point in going to my doctor because I know prescription sleep aids can also have the same effect.For now, I am trying to get back on track on my own. Although sleep is erratic, not totally elusive, I feel like I have been up for days. How do parents, especially new parents cope? How can they think that this is part of the greatest thing in the world?

I'm going for a nap.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login