Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"

Posted by kidlesskim 
Re: The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"
September 23, 2008
Good Odin, Kim, your list makes me ever more thankful DH and I are kidfree. I can't imagine competing in the Mommywars to find whose brat is incrementally more "advanced" than the others--meh, face it mommies, they're all average at best and you'll be lucky to keep them out of jail. And none of the rest of us are impressed.
From KidlessKim's post: "5) At 11 months after watching his favorite kiddie educational show about colors, he pointed to a banana and said, 'ello', so he could recognize and understand color names"

Maybe the sprog wasn't trying to say "yellow", but simply "hello". Hello? Or perhaps "Oh hell"—as in, "Oh hell, have I got an obsessive idiot for a mother."

About "gifted" to mean "retarded": I'm sure it's coming. A number of terms that once applied only to gifted children—those with genuinely high IQs who show strong evidence of genuine capability to comprehend matters at a level years above their actual age, to use my definition—have been co-opted and ultimately taken over by the tard community to apply to tards and other stupid kyds. Examples include "special"/"special needs" and "exceptional". It's only a matter of time until "gifted" gets the same treatment so as not to hurt the widdle tards' feewings.

In fact, there have already been attempts to claim that all chyldren are "gifted" in some fashion, etc., which is patent BS to anyone who has known genuinely gifted children. (I was once one, but the public school system made sure my abilities got squelched. That is routinely done all over the US, Canada, and Britain, to judge from writings, posts, and comments elsewhere. But that's a topic for another time.... In the meantime, US laws mandate the schools must spend big bucks to "educate" the uneducable, meaning the tards and awwtistics.)

By the way, I concur with the rest of you. That girl is not "gifted" for wanting to handle dead animals, but seriously disturbed. I have in fact seen descriptions of serial killers who started out this way, and invariably the pahrunts though the habbit was "cute" or "harmless". They Shitney moves on to killing animals on his own, then to people.
My fumblefingers got ahead of me just above. For this, "I have in fact seen descriptions of serial killers who started out this way, and invariably the pahrunts though the habbit was 'cute' or 'harmless'. They Shitney moves on to killing animals on his own, then to people," read this:

I have in fact seen descriptions of serial killers who started out this way, and invariably the pahrunts thought the habit was "cute" or "harmless". Then Shitney moves on to killing animals on his own, then to people.
All these people talking about serial killers are dead-on (no pun intended). About a year ago I became fascinated with Jeffrey Dahmer and read everything about him. When he was in junior high he used to ride his bike in the woods dissect roadkill that he happened to find there. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. Sure it's gross, but maybe some good could come out of it. A kid who does that may become interested in biology and become a scientist. But in Dahmer's case we all know that's not what happened.
As far as I know Dahmer never thought of dead animals as his friends. He did that with dead people. He was so socially inept that he couldn't relate to living people. He didn't want to deal with the needs of another. If he found someone attractive he would bring that guy to his house and kill him. Then he would keep his victims bodies, prop them up in chairs and talk to them as if they were still alive.
I'm not saying that the girl could turn out exactly like Dahmer did but it's still a creepy thing to think about.
Hmm...
Separating things into piles by colour at that age is a classic autistic behaviour. Nothing to do with gifted.
ALL kids try to sit up 8mnths+. I know, some of my friends have kids.
The rest is a pile of crap.
I could read and write at 4. So could my kid half-sister. So could a fair few of my mom's friends' kids. That's nothing special.
Pycho alert!!! An emphatic "YES" to a few of the above posts.. I'm quite the True Crime buff and have read probably 100 books on the subject. A LOT of serial killers start out doing these kinds of things...it's a fairly high percentage.

Boy, these parents today can really delude themselves. Gifted? Special? You've GOT to be kidding.

If any of the kids I raised as a nanny had done anything even remotely like this.....1. They would've been punished quite severely (enough so they wouldn't even think about doing it again) and 2. I would be very worried that they had been born with a screw loose and would have informed the parents immediately.
And when she starts hacking up people and storing them in her apartment when she's an adult, I'm sure mommy will just say how creative she is, then too.
Ugh. I hate how the word 'gifted' is so sorely abused. Parents use it for anything the child does that is slightly advanced and/or quirky. Kids who're genuinely gifted are VERY few by definition...they fall at the extreme end of the bell curve. (and yeah, they often have social issues, as if all their brain cells were used up in one area, leaving gaps in others) Kids can be quite smart/above average and still not be 'gifted'.

I kind of wonder how this child views death. Not necessarily a future serial killer. Just maybe one who doesn't 'get' what death means.

Either way, her parents need to get her to knock it the hell off.
Heck...
when I worked at meijers someones little 3 year old bastard got a dead fish out of a tank (we couldn't get them all and we couldn't get the floater that died 5 minutes ago) and ate it.
Re: The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"
September 24, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi LoveToLurk,
>
> If you have a gifted program at the school you
> teach at, check out the kids in it. Often their
> social skills are on the same plane as the
> children in the special ed room. Gifted kids are
> often socially retarded. The kid in this story is
> probably not gifted, just really fucked up! smiling smiley

Oh yeah, I know all about them. I was in gifted classes when I was a wee sproglina (I actually had to pass an IQ test, something that the has gone the way of the dodo bird in the district I now teach at. Wouldn't want to hurt the little snowflake's feelings by showing them the cold hard evidence, I guess!) I'll be the first one to admit that I'm socially retarded. I hate most people and always jump at the chance to do everything myself. That's one of the things I love most about being a music teacher - nobody in my building knows anything about music so they all leave me alone! I've always been that way, to the point that my school actually made me have "learn to make friend classes" when I was little. And trust me, those classes didn't make a bit of difference! tongue sticking out smiley

Socially retarded as I might have been, I knew not to make friends with the dead things!
I love how these idiot moos think you have to be a paruhnt to recognise genius in a chyld. There are simply things that anyone with half a brain can see is abnormal. If anything the CF might do a better job of seeing what is what, since they are not actively involved in the situation.

And Alchemy, you are right--hurting animals or a fascination with dead animals has been accepted as one of a triad of things that indicate a chyld is at risk of becoming a serial killer. From what I understand a chyld is at risk if s/he exhibits two of the following behaviours:

1. Bed wetting (not sure of the age cut-off, but my guess would be 3-4 years of age).

2. Starting fires

3 Harming animals or a facination with dead animals.

This litte freak is definitely NOT normal and this needs to be dealt with ASAP. Of course, since moo thinks Freakleigh is spayshul, the kyd isn't likely to get the help that she so badly needs.
I'm with you, K-man (didn't edit previous post quickly enough). When I was young, my IQ was found to be 145--not sure how smart that means I am, but it's defintely above "normal". I got squashed, too. I didn't get to be in a class for "gifted children"--hell, the school I attended didn't even HAVE something like that. Luckily, my da was high IQ himeself and encouraged me to learn all that I could. To this day, I am always happy to learn something new.

I sure as hell never did something like this brat does...that would have been a flag to get me to a psychiatrist--FAST!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login