Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 STEP CLOSER TO ESSURE AND NO BINGOES TO BOOT! HOORAY!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
WOO-HOO! I just got back from the primary care provider (PCP) (I'm active duty and use TRICARE) and got a referral to OB-GYN for ESSURE with NO PROBLEMS, NO HESITATION (even though I'm 36) AND BEST OF ALL NO BINGOES WHATSOEVER!! My PCP is child-free too and understood completely! God, I hope she doesn't have to move anytime soon!

One BIG-ASS step closer to Essure! Now I just have to do the OB-GYN 2-step in the next 24 hours, get into the Essure class (which is pretty much just to cover the docs' butts and drum home the point that this is permanent so they don't get sued), schedule the appointment and my soon-to-be-husband and I are DONE!! YIPPEE AND THANK YOU TAXPAYERS!!! I cannot tell you how much I TRULY appreciate this!! If you are active duty and stationed in the National Capital Area, you CAN get Essure--just be sure to ask! EVEN BETTER--the OB/GYN people tell you NOT to bring kiddos to the class! OH HAPPY DAY!! bouncing and laughing

PS. I also just pinned on full Commander--HOORAY!
Re: 1 STEP CLOSER TO ESSURE AND NO BINGOES TO BOOT! HOORAY!!
September 22, 2008
Good for you! I am assuming this "essure" is some sort of sterilization as I have never heard of it. Anyway, you sound happy and I am happy for you! It's unusual to find a military doctor who isn't a famblee oriented breeder, I think that you got lucky!
It feels great, dunnit? I got the go ahead for a tubal a couple of weeks back - just have to wait for the last pap test to come back AOK, pick up the referral, and off to the races! I can't wait!!
September 23, 2008
Congratulations on your Full Commander status. Also, congrats for so easily getting approval for Essure. My understanding of it is that it is a tiny spring-like wire that is inserted into the fallopian tubes and forms a permanent barrier. The tissue grows into the tube and blocks the passage. It is not reversible. It is said to be an easy process and takes just a few minutes to do--perhaps just outpatient? In all, the ideal solution; good choice!
September 23, 2008
RA, please keep us posted on how this goes! I am so interested in getting Essure for myself and I'd be thrilled to hear more about your experience with it.

Oh, and congratulations on a smooth ride toward a permanently childfree life!
RatsNotBrats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RA, please keep us posted on how this goes! I am so interested in
> getting Essure for myself and I'd be thrilled to hear more about your
> experience with it.

Me too. I've been thinking about it for awhile and would love to hear about it from someone who's actually had it done and not just brochures.
September 23, 2008
Now that's one thing I'm happy to be paying for as a taxpayer. Congratulations and I hope it continues to go well!
Congratulations on the Essure!! As a taxpayer I am PROUD to have helped with this!!!!
WOW! Thank you for spending my tax dollars in such a thoughtful manner!! You know you don't want kids, aren't cut out for the job and so you're not having them! Now this is money I like to spend! Congrats!!!!!!!

Ps. Please feel free to continue spending my tax dollars on whatever you need. You certainly deserve a reward for acting responsibly, I just wish the rest of us here could qualify for the same stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login