Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo needed AC on United

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo needed AC on United
June 29, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/mom-angered-united-airlines-she-says-baby-overheated-070600342--abc-news-topstories.html

I guess moo and screamer got stuck on a United plane in the heat for a couple of hours and sproggie had to have an ambulance come out to the plane due to heat stroke or whatever. People are saying that the public wants $99 cross country flights yet they want first class treatment and will sue when it becomes miserable.
Re: Moo needed AC on United
June 29, 2017
Planes today are flying buses. Flying economy today is like riding a cattle car. Unfortunately that won't change in the near future.

You cannot expect first class service when you're paying $99 for your ticket. And don't forget, the baby flies free on her lap. Maybe if people like her were agreeable to pay more for a ticket, they would have better access to services. In the airlines, you get what you pay for.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2017
According to this source (http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/23/united-airlines-infant-overheats-dia/) she was bringing it to join her husband for a rocket launch. hitting head against a brick wall

I'd say the heat stroke was a blessing in disguise. Better than longterm hearing damage because she couldn't be bothered to find a babysitter.
June 30, 2017
I certainly don't condone bringing young children on flights, but people should not be getting heatstroke on a plane. What can happen to a child could happen to an elderly person as well; if it is hot enough for someone to get heatstroke people should not be kept trapped on the plane.

The problem is that airlines are encouraged to pull away from the gate and sit on the tarmac for hours, which is hardly the best place to give people access to food, water, toilet facilities, opportunities to move (such as to stretch or to get away from crying babies) and climate control. The rules should be changed so there is no incentive to keep people trapped on the plane, and they are instead kept in the airport.

So much as I dislike children on planes, I do not think that the airplane is in the right for keeping people bottled up in a plane when it was too hot to fly, and that's irrespective of what class people are flying in. Basic health of the passengers must be attended to. Besides, the last thing I want to do is encourage people with children to upgrade, as it's one of the few places on a plane where you can generally escape them...and it isn't as if 1/3 of the cabin gets better AC anyway.
June 30, 2017
I'm with Yurble on this one.
June 30, 2017
I don't fly, don't ever plan to.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 30, 2017
Wanna bet he was screaming the entire time?

From the comments:

She an author. That's why she doing this. To get her name out there. Now she hopes other women will feel sorry for her and buy her books. Real recognizes real and this just a scam to get her name out. I have 3 kids. Maybe you shouldn't travel at all with a 4 month old.just saying. This all a publicity stunt and I hope others see thru her attempt

Bad comment English aside, I checked....she is also a lawyer. Guess what she is setting up for. And she has to realize that the plane is on a computer so her time claims vs the airline and airport....I am believing the latter.

Another FTW comment: A hot fussy baby falling asleep and waking up. Not uncommon. A hot, tired, stressed mom holding a hot, fussy baby. Not uncommon. Mom's reaction to hot, fussy baby is uncommon. It's a wonder babies in Egypt, India, Arizona, or even Pueblo manage to survive.

As for this, she was allowed off with her screamer. She was pulled back on to fly.

Engines are off to add fuel for the diversion due to weather. This sounds like what she was allowed off the plane for.

Now if my kyd were in such distress I would have postponed or taken another flight. Because the baby allegedly got sick, she could have rebooked with no major inconvenience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 30, 2017
Peace
Planes today are flying buses. Flying economy today is like riding a cattle car. Unfortunately that won't change in the near future.

You cannot expect first class service when you're paying $99 for your ticket. And don't forget, the baby flies free on her lap. Maybe if people like her were agreeable to pay more for a ticket, they would have better access to services. In the airlines, you get what you pay for.

Quoted for truth. Airlines carry most of the blame, no doubt, but people who demand these super cheap airfares deserve some of the blame as well. Maintaining a plane is expensive. If everyone wants to fly on the cheap, then more people have to be squished into every plane to make up the cost.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 09, 2017
yurble

The problem is that airlines are encouraged to pull away from the gate and sit on the tarmac for hours, which is hardly the best place to give people access to food, water, toilet facilities, opportunities to move (such as to stretch or to get away from crying babies) and climate control. The rules should be changed so there is no incentive to keep people trapped on the plane, and they are instead kept in the airport.

The challenge in the USA is that many airlines have merged during the downturn in the economy. There are not usually more than 2 choices of carriers now between any big 2 cities.

As far airplane A/C goes, well, it does not work as well at lower altitudes, to say the least. Most aircraft use air conditioning packs that use pressurized air rather than a phase changing refrigerant. To make them work better at lower altitudes, bigger air-to-air heat exchangers would have to be used. Being that space and weight on an aircraft come at a huge premium, well, I don't see any changes coming any time soon.

I agree, 100%, that changing the rules and not allowing people to get stuck on the ground while aboard the aircraft is the best overall solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login