Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Summer with chyldrun

Posted by mrs. chinaski 
Summer with chyldrun
July 06, 2017
Read about the adventure here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/moms-post-staying-home-kids-summer-goes-viral-204229958.html
Re: Summer with chyldrun
July 06, 2017
We were always sent to daycamp during the summer, no way would mom let us hang out "doing nothing."
July 06, 2017
But...but...but...I thought The Almighty SAHMoo was a saint, doing TMIJITW.

Or am I mistaken?

Bottom line, quit your complaining. You wanted them, so do your job caring for them and STFU.
July 06, 2017
Those kids are pretty lucky having Mom make them lunch in the summer. I was the youngest of 3, so by the time I was in kindergarten or so, lunch was more along the lines of "Lunch is XYZ. Milk's in the fridge." And we'd make XYZ (my siblings would help me if I couldn't manage the X part on my own) and eat it, and then go back into the yard to play. We could also get fruit or carrots or celery without asking.

"Doing nothing" didn't really happen much at Ma and Pa Random's house, either. Or if it was happening, I'd learned by watching others that you couldn't "do nothing" in annoying ways or the adults would find chores for you/take away privileges/etc. We were expected to entertain ourselves reasonably well.

But mostly...yeah, you're having to run herd on three kids all day. That sucks. Yeah, I've spent my time running herd on children. But they fucking wanted to be there because I ran good program, they went home at the end of the day, and I got paid to deal with them. You're working for free and they never go home. And you volunteer for this gig. Sheesh.
July 06, 2017
Gee, sucks for you that kids are out of school for the summer and you don't get 8hrs. free to hang out at Starbucks and go to the spa, but actually have to hang around your excuses for not getting a job like an able-bodied adult.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 10, 2017
randomcfchick
"Doing nothing" didn't really happen much at Ma and Pa Random's house, either. Or if it was happening, I'd learned by watching others that you couldn't "do nothing" in annoying ways or the adults would find chores for you/take away privileges/etc. We were expected to entertain ourselves reasonably well.

Exactly. And she could have parented the 4 year old and said kid is not old enough to cross the street. That would have solved the problem.
Because if kid is stupid enough to run out into traffic after junk mail then kid is too young to cross streets.

Also, separate the kids if you know they are going to fight. Make them do chores if they fight anyway.

And expecting a 4 year old and 8 year old to get along? Is it her first day of parenting?

All of this is bed, made lie. Boo hoo moo.
July 10, 2017
Loving the comments there. Nobody's putting up with her bullshit.

Is the climate slowly changing? Are we seeing the first inklings of a move away from worshiping someone just because they proved their productive organs worked? 'Cause that would be great.
July 11, 2017
Yeah, we weren't allowed to just do nothing, either. We went to Jesus camp; if we didn't go to camp, we went to Vacation Bible School. Or regular public Summer School, to get a head start on our academics for the upcoming year. If there was nowhere to go, we did housework at home. It wasn't much fun, but it motivated us to look forward to the start of school at the end of the summer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login