Moo verbally attacks me in Walrusmart angry smiley
August 26, 2017
Husband and I had to go to Walrusmart today to pick up some chicken that was on sale...I also had to get some personal grooming stuff, and it's almost always less expensive there.

I was turning the corner of the aisle with my cart, when this little fucker with a shopping cart nearly mowed me over. I stopped and waited for him, his brother and their moo to pass, not smiling, not looking in their direction. I didn't say anything at all.

They pass me, and the moo says to her Hellspawn, "You almost knocked the lady over with the cart, but she was very RUDE about it!"

As she rounded the corner, Mr. M6, who was a way's behind me says, "Lady, you're crazy!" Loud enough for her to hear. Then he called her an asshole. The entire aisle heard him say it, so I know she did too.

She was a frumpy, dumpy, middle-aged, doughy looking sow. Too bad, so sad, moo! Once again, I'm being punished for other people's life choices. She did the wrong thing, but my husband gave her a smackdown like she didn't think she'd get.

I just want to add that I would have called her on it, but she was much larger than me, and I was afraid she'd try to hurt me.

ETA: I must be doing something right this week, to piss all the moos off like I have!
Re: Moo verbally attacks me in Walrusmart angry smiley
August 26, 2017
mumofsixbirds

They pass me, and the moo says to her Hellspawn, "You almost knocked the lady over with the cart, but she was very RUDE about it!"

Rude? Was she expecting her children to be complimented for reckless behavior?
August 26, 2017
I think she was expecting me to smile at her Hellspawn and say, "Oh that's okay. You didn't hurt me. Have a nice day!" Or something of that nature. He almost DID hurt me, because he nearly caused a head-on collision with my cart. He was racing right for me, and I had to veer out of the way to not get hit.

Mr. M6 and I talked about it in the car, and he said she HAS to be nuts, if she expects you to be all nice to her and her brat for nearly hitting you.
August 26, 2017
Fuck man, what are you meant to do, thank the brat for almost knocking you over? Ridiculous moo.
August 26, 2017
I have no problem putting a cow in their place. The last time a heifer decided to get smart with me I taught her sprogs a few new words. I'm trying to exit the store and Bessie and friend are blocking the exit looking at a RedBox. I'm muttering and trying to get around and bint decides to let out with a loud "what's your problem?". I unloaded and told her exactly what my problem was. Flipped them off and left the store.

I do what I can now to use HellMart's pick-up service. Just go online, fill up my basket with groceries and it's waiting for me to pick-up after work. It has saved my blood-pressure a lot.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
August 27, 2017
With walmart if you order $35 or more worth of stuff you get free shipping
August 27, 2017
I didn't know they had store pickup. I'll have to start doing that. I hate walmart, absolutely despise it {mostly because of the types of people that shop there} but I do go there when I need to stock up my medicine cabinet or when I need hygiene products, as I haven't been able to find my vitamins or cold medicine at publix, and CVS is overpriced.

ETA: good on your husband for telling her off, and I love 'walrusmart' lol! I might have to steal that.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 27, 2017
I'd do the online thing, but right now I am trying to pay down my credit cards and I'm only using debit ATM.

I am generally a polite person when I go out in public, so for this woman to accuse me of being rude was insulting. As I said, I did nothing to her. I didn't smile, and I think she took offence to that.

It's going to be a looonnnng time before I go back to that shitshow of a store. Husband and I are trying to save our money right now, and sometimes Walrusmart is convenient because of the location and prices.

I shouldn't let someone like that ruin my day, but I don't go out very often except for shopping, and I was in a fairly good mood when we left. I was upset after it happened, because it felt like a violation of sorts.

So much for moos being better people. If that's her as a 'better person' I'd hate to have met her BEFORE she sluiced.

I'm so glad that my husband told her off. Not only did she hear it, but so did her kids, and the people around us. He wanted to give her a little humiliation for being so nasty to his wife.
August 27, 2017
Oh, no, you're absolutely right. No justification needed about trying not to let her ruin your day. It's 100% ok to be irritated by rude behavior like the moos. And I've no doubt that you, and everyone else on this board, are nothing but polite. Based on my experience, there's a correlation between intelligence and common decency. Adding to that the correlation we've all seen between intelligence and number of children, I'd be hard pressed to believe that in a conflict between a breeder and a CF person, that the CF person is the instigator.

As to saving money, I can appreciate that. Some ways you could save on electricity are to buy a drying rack for your clothes {or hang them in the closet, so you only use electricity to dry towels or delicates} and to get a car charger {so you can charge your electronics as you drive}. The amount of electricity a phone charger uses might be marginal for all I know, but I guess any bit helps, and if I'm not mistaken the car battery charges when it's driven. You could see if any of your friends have amazon prime, and ask to use theirs to save on shipping, and you could also try getting a rebate app like Ibotta. It's pretty annoying sometimes when there aren't rebates on things you want, as it takes a long time to cash out, but if they have a rebate for something you would buy anyway, it helps. Finally, I would suggest starting an online savings account. They have higher interest rates and pay interest more often {Ally pays monthly, for example}. I know it's probably not much, but that's all I can think of for now.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
August 27, 2017
Thanks, contemplativeintrovert! I do have a laundry line in my backyard, but have yet to use it. I think I'm going to start hanging my clothes out to dry. I've cut down considerably on my electricity, but I don't have a cell phone. I only have a landline and PC right now, which is fine for me. Once I start working, I should have enough to invest in a cell phone. After I get my cell, I will cut off my landline, because my husband has a work cell he can use for home purposes as well.

I'm doing really well in my studies right now, with an A average in my courses so far. I'm studying medical law right now, and it's tough, but I'm taking my time and will be fine. Until I'm finished with school, I have to be super careful where I put my money. I've incurred some debt on my credit cards, and they have to be paid off.

As for the moo, your observations are correct. It seems those with a lower IQ seem to be the rude ones, because they don't know how to deal with situations of their own making. The moo had given her brat the shopping cart and he nearly hurt me with it. Her reaction is to lash out at me, because I didn't react with a smiling, forgiving response to that negative behavior.
August 27, 2017
Ugh. If you were neutral in your response (or kind of a non-response, really) to nearly being hit with the cart, then that lady has serious issues. She is likely used to the "whoops, tee hee" smiley response and thinks it's the only way to handle such a situation. SHE is the one that was RUDE, not you. What a piece of work.

Lower IQ seems to correlate with rudeness, as does a poorly-developed sense of responsibility. She didn't like having to deal with the negative side of her kid making a careless mistake.

I understand the saving money thing...times get tight. I agree with contemplativeintrovert about hanging up laundry. I envy you the backyard laundry line, because line-dried clothes and sheets smell awesome in my humble opinion. I can't do a laundry line, but I do hang up stuff on hangers and on a clothes rack. The rack folds down to a very flat rectangle when not in use, and I just stash it between the dryer and the wall. Dryer still gets used for towels, jeans, and a few items that develop odd textures when air-dried.
August 28, 2017
My response was completely neutral. I didn't address them, didn't smile or frown. I may have had an irritated look on my face, but hey...I almost became a pancake. She didn't have to do that to me. When my husband called her crazy and an asshole, I couldn't help but laugh. She probably didn't know we were together, so she didn't expect that kind of a smackdown.

One day that moo will piss off the wrong person, and she'll get a fist in her face.

As for the saving money part, I'm contacting another service provider today in order to see if I can get my TV, internet and phone for a lesser price. Right now we're paying massive payments for those three things, and I think I can get a better deal from the other place.

We also have other good stores here, such as "No Frills", which is a store that carries mostly no-name brand stuff, StupidStore, not much better than Walrusmart, but the prices are fairly good there, and Independent which is much the same idea.

I had to borrow some money from a family member yesterday to pay my debt off, and I'm going to have her paid off within 18 months. Her interest rate is much cheaper than the bank, and I promised my husband that I will pay back every penny myself once I'm working and put the rest of the money into savings to make up for what I spent.

It's going to be a bit tough at first, but once we've adjusted to our new budget, things will get better. I'm also going to be working in around six months, and we'll have a little extra money to play with.
August 28, 2017
mumofsixbirds
As she rounded the corner, Mr. M6, who was a way's behind me says, "Lady, you're crazy!" Loud enough for her to hear. Then he called her an asshole. The entire aisle heard him say it, so I know she did too.

Bravo Mr. M6!!!!!
August 28, 2017
I'm not a big texter or cell phone user so I'm on a GoPhone plan. It may not be in your best interests since there is 2 of you but it is worth checking out area plans to see if you can save money. Best of luck with your money saving goals!
August 28, 2017
addiea raine
I have no problem putting a cow in their place. The last time a heifer decided to get smart with me I taught her sprogs a few new words. I'm trying to exit the store and Bessie and friend are blocking the exit looking at a RedBox. I'm muttering and trying to get around and bint decides to let out with a loud "what's your problem?". I unloaded and told her exactly what my problem was. Flipped them off and left the store.

I do what I can now to use HellMart's pick-up service. Just go online, fill up my basket with groceries and it's waiting for me to pick-up after work. It has saved my blood-pressure a lot.

Good for you! They fully damn well know they are blocking the exit and shouldn't have to have the obvious pointed out to them in the first place.
August 28, 2017
they can't STAND it if you don't fawn all over their hell spawn! Reminds me of the hellish paper towel ad on TV where it says"more doing chores for Mom per roll"(which I misheard at first as "Parole"--and was perplexed. But the ad is SO nasty because the little demon is "doing chores" by knocking drinks over, dragging leaky trash bags across the floor, etc. And Moo and Duh happily follow after wiping everything up. THEN he gets a reward for "doing chores"!!
September 13, 2017
mumofsixbirds
Thanks, contemplativeintrovert! I do have a laundry line in my backyard, but have yet to use it. I think I'm going to start hanging my clothes out to dry. I've cut down considerably on my electricity, but I don't have a cell phone. I only have a landline and PC right now, which is fine for me. Once I start working, I should have enough to invest in a cell phone. After I get my cell, I will cut off my landline, because my husband has a work cell he can use for home purposes as well.

Do not cut off your landline till they fix this glitch. This is still true in 2017.

Lack of location
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/02/22/cellphone-911-lack-location-data/23570499/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login