Christianist Neighbors and their Dogs (Warning: Animal Neglect)rusty chainsaw
November 23, 2017
DH and I moved to a small southern Wisconsin town in December last year, and our next-door neighbors are a pastor, his wife and four kids. They seemed like nice enough people, at least I thought so at first.

This famblee have a couple of small dogs, one a Border Collie mix, the other a Pug mix. They are both very sweet critters but they spend an awful lot of time outside. This evening we came home from Thanksgiving dinner and I went to visit the dogs. They were without food and water, which pissed me off no end. I brought them some of our cats' food and refilled their water bowl twice. Poor critters were so damned grateful they jumped all over me.

I've written a note to Moo and Duh and taped it to their mailbox so they can't fucking miss it. I mentioned that the dogs are God's creatures too and we want to see they are well cared for. Actually, the note was my DH's idea--I was inclined to call the police and make a complaint. Jeebus, when people who proclaim their Christianity publicly neglect their pets, I get severely pissed. I may still call the cops if famblee doesn't get the hint.
yeah, I had some of those next door years ago. He worked for the local Catholic fundie place.They were gone from 7am till around 10pm EVERY day/night--couldn't figure that one out. One son--age 8 or so. They got the cutest dog and just tied it out front--no shelter at all. My ex and I found a large wooden shipping box, covered it with some sort of rubbery insulation roll goods, and watched out for the dog. When they had the annual rabies shot clinic, I took him. SO I drive up to return the dog--the bitch never even offers to give me the $9 for the shot ,and THEN--even worse--she says Oh, we're getting Pooh a PUPPY friend! SO they get a young pup as a "friend" and chain the puppy up in the BACK yard--nowhere near Pooh. The puppy cries all day every day, and the only thing worse is when he stops. I used to go out and steal him when they were gone, and bring him in our house to give him some normal interaction
One night they come home late and the pup is whining for attention. Good Religious Guy keeps yelling SHUT UP. Eventually I hear a loud thump and the pup is yelping. I yelled out "leave the poor dog alone you bully". Next day I get a nasty note on my door.
Eventually--a few weeks later to be "safe" I went over and cut the line and raveled it well (to look like it was chewed) and took the pup to work and found him a home. When the a--holes moved a local cat rescue friend called them and offered to take in their equally neglected cats,and then "Oh , do you have a dog too?" and was able to get the dog too.Idiots!!
Re: Christianist Neighbors and their Dogs (Warning: Animal Neglect)rusty chainsaw
November 23, 2017
I've found the more religious people to be complete hypocrites, especially when it comes to animals. It was how I got my Eidan. I would be tempted to find some of the more animal loving congregation (if there are any) and start letting them in on some tidbits.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
Re: Christianist Neighbors and their Dogs (Warning: Animal Neglect)rusty chainsaw
November 23, 2017
The local pastor and his wife abandoned their handicapped child in a group home that was two blocks from their home and church.
They never once visited in 3 1/2 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login