Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo holds baybee at Dunkin's

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo holds baybee at Dunkin's
December 05, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dunkin-donuts-employee-brought-baby-work-customer-internet-shamed-005915660.html

while working the counter and the commenters are letting her have it
Re: Moo holds baybee at Dunkin's
December 05, 2017
Yuck. Nothing is more unsanitary than a baby.
December 05, 2017
What happened to employees only behind the counter with no exceptions?
December 06, 2017
As the OP said, at least the comment section is 95% against this idiot moo. There are of course the usual "but... but... that poor single mother! At least she's working! How dare you point out how unsanitary this is! Wait until you have kids!" type of comments, but for the most part, the general vibe is one of "ew! gross! I don't want that germ vector at the food counter!".

It's nice to see a bit of sense on the internet for once.
December 06, 2017
I sent a tweet in support to the OP. Someone of course tweeted back that there was nothing wrong w/ it by the register. I said cashiers deal w/ many things, not just cash. First, she's slowed down by the kid, so giving bad service and it is unfair to the rest of the staff. Plus, he said there's nothing wrong w/ it. I'm like I bet if you read up on Dunkin policy, Food Handling from the State Licensing board, and the insurance policies, her employer will find lots wrong w/ it. What if the kid is dropped? What if the kid is burned? What if EVERYONE did this??? Would all the cashiers have babies in their arms after awhile.

Breeders boil my blood.
December 06, 2017
Not to mention she's touching all that cash and then touching the baby. Babies need to be exposed to germs in order to strengthen their immune systems, sure, but cash is some of the dirtiest stuff on the planet. Might as well let the kid suck on the door handle while she's at it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 06, 2017
What is it with single Moos? Why don’t the rules ever apply to them? I’d steer clear of that particular Dunkin’s.
December 06, 2017
If that Dunkin was anything like the one I worked at, more likely than not, she's not 'just handling cash,' as some of the commenters seem to think. Only on really busy days would people be scheduled to work register only. Most of the time {weekdays 12-Close} there would be 2 people on and those two people were responsible for everything, registers, sandwiches, and making drinks.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
December 07, 2017
I wonder who the franchise owner/operator is? Are they okay with this?

If so, I hope their insurance underwriter is okay with this arrangement, as it violates a number of liability laws and a whole smorgasbord of OSHA codes.

Think about what is behind the counter at a Dunkin' Donuts, it's not just a cash register. Ovens, flat-top grills, deep fryers, industrial size coffeemakers... this is a case of a parent being completely indifferent and negligent. In short, it is a tragedy waiting to happen. But I guess that doesn't fit with the "heroic single mother" narrative of the mainstream media.
December 07, 2017
contemplativeintrovert
If that Dunkin was anything like the one I worked at, more likely than not, she's not 'just handling cash,' as some of the commenters seem to think. Only on really busy days would people be scheduled to work register only. Most of the time {weekdays 12-Close} there would be 2 people on and those two people were responsible for everything, registers, sandwiches, and making drinks.

EXACTLY, I didn't want to get into it w/ the guy on twitter in limited amount of characters. He was like we don't know this, we don't know that, right dude, we dont know, but it still is likely not allowed for many reasons.
December 07, 2017
cj
What is it with single Moos? Why don’t the rules ever apply to them? I’d steer clear of that particular Dunkin’s.

Single moos are culprits, but I notice all parents want to be the exception to the rules. Rules are for other people. They are too burdened and stressed from doing the most important job.
December 07, 2017
StudioFiftyFour
I wonder who the franchise owner/operator is? Are they okay with this?

If so, I hope their insurance underwriter is okay with this arrangement, as it violates a number of liability laws and a whole smorgasbord of OSHA codes.

Think about what is behind the counter at a Dunkin' Donuts, it's not just a cash register. Ovens, flat-top grills, deep fryers, industrial size coffeemakers... this is a case of a parent being completely indifferent and negligent. In short, it is a tragedy waiting to happen. But I guess that doesn't fit with the "heroic single mother" narrative of the mainstream media.

Exactly, shows you how moos don't think and their breeder supports just dont think. Then shit happens and they are the first to blame others and sue.
December 07, 2017
cfuter
Single moos are culprits, but I notice all parents want to be the exception to the rules. Rules are for other people. They are too burdened and stressed from doing the most important job.

This is it in a nutshell. Having children suddenly makes you (and by extension, your sprogs, but only so far as it benefits you) of paramount importance, and screw everybody else. They shouldn't have to follow the rules, but everybody else better follow them. Take the baby to work and expose them to germs? Heroic if it's your kid. Babysitter does it? You can bet they'd be tarred and feathered for it.

If this moo keeps doing this and the baby gets hurt, it'll be udder rubs and Go Fund Mes all around. If a daycare employee lets a kid get hurt, it's lawsuits and license revocations.
December 07, 2017
kittehpeoples

If this moo keeps doing this and the baby gets hurt, it'll be udder rubs and Go Fund Mes all around. If a daycare employee lets a kid get hurt, it's lawsuits and license revocations.

When the GoFundMe gets going, I suggest you start the bidding for the entire board ... devil smoking
December 07, 2017
kittehpeoples
They shouldn't have to follow the rules, but everybody else better follow them. Take the baby to work and expose them to germs? Heroic if it's your kid. Babysitter does it? You can bet they'd be tarred and feathered for it.

This is exactly what I wanted to tell the supporters. You put this woman on a pedestal, but if it was an article about a nanny and the kid gotta boo-boo everyone would be calling for new laws forbidding this and outlawing that. Lawsuit is a knee-jerk reaction for these dicks, but no one thinks of the liability and the insurance implications when sticking up for the moo. You can't have it both ways.
December 08, 2017
Well, when you can't afford Disney and you want to do a PNA and there is no zoo with African Painted Dogs nearby, why not do it at DD?
December 08, 2017
mr. neptune
Well, when you can't afford Disney and you want to do a PNA and there is no zoo with African Painted Dogs nearby, why not do it at DD?

*snork*

And S54, I'm not sure what you mean....
December 08, 2017
cfuter
no one thinks of the liability and the insurance implications when sticking up for the moo. You can't have it both ways.

Just another example of the double standard that breeders expect to be applied to them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login