Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents being sent notes asking them not to put junk in kids' lunchboxes. sadly, not in the US.

Posted by Rose Red 
Warning! not safe for lunch pic!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4701895a24035.html
Parents love to tell the school what to do, but when the tables are turned they don't like it one bit. I'm all for healthier lunches. I do disagree with not allowing children to have p-nut butter. My whacked out aunt started a campaign at my weirdo, brat cousin's school for a p-nut free school because he has allergies. The entire population shouldn't have to go without something because of one child.

I had a student with severe dairy allergies. His mom had him eat at a separate table from the other students. He had several friends who voluntarily packed dairy-free lunches and sat with him. This mom didn't allow her child's problems to inconvenience the rest of the school.
bratBgone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> I had a student with severe dairy allergies. His
> mom had him eat at a separate table from the other
> students. He had several friends who voluntarily
> packed dairy-free lunches and sat with him. This
> mom didn't allow her child's problems to
> inconvenience the rest of the school.

Wait- are you saying you met a mother with intelligence? Brat, that's going too far.
Rose Red Wrote:
> bratBgone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > I had a student with severe dairy allergies.
> His
> > mom had him eat at a separate table from the
> other
> > students. He had several friends who
> voluntarily
> > packed dairy-free lunches and sat with him.
> This
> > mom didn't allow her child's problems to
> > inconvenience the rest of the school.
>
> Wait- are you saying you met a mother with
> intelligence? Brat, that's going too far.

I would estimate that I've met about 5 in my teaching career. The rest are nuts.
After thinking this over, I don't agree with the school meddling in parents' lunch choices. First, they should be busy enough with actual educational stuff. Second, teachers are not nutritionists or doctors and I daresay many of their diets could use a tune-up. Third, there's more than one way to eat healthily. But my main objection would be to the nanny-school aspect. Perhaps some parents make poor food choices for their kid but so be it. Kudos to the mom of the dairy-free kid who didn't make a federal case out of her child's situation (and the kid is clearly turning out OK if he has a passel of buddies willing to go dairy-free just to sit with him).
I agree, teachers are not nutritionists. And people who aren't educated in nutrition can make all kinds of false assumptions about certain foods and diets.

I think many people in general, just focus too hard on what other people are eating. I don't get that.
It's called people not minding their own damned business--seems to be rampant today. It's just sad that some moos are such idiots that they can't come up with a nutritional lunch for their kids.

I do give that mother kudos for solving the propblem with her child's allergy in a way that didn't mess up everyone else's lunchtime. I don't see why all the students in a school should go without because one or two children have an allergy to something. Asking the school to do so smacks of attention whoring on a major scale.
Many people on the forum were angry that someone from the school would rifle through the child's belongings/alter their lunch. This would never happen here.
bratBgone Wrote:
> Parents love to tell the school what to do, but
> when the tables are turned they don't like it one
> bit. I'm all for healthier lunches. I do
> disagree with not allowing children to have p-nut
> butter. My whacked out aunt started a campaign at
> my weirdo, brat cousin's school for a p-nut free
> school because he has allergies. The entire
> population shouldn't have to go without something
> because of one child.
>
> I had a student with severe dairy allergies. His
> mom had him eat at a separate table from the other
> students. He had several friends who voluntarily
> packed dairy-free lunches and sat with him. This
> mom didn't allow her child's problems to
> inconvenience the rest of the school.

WHAT A FUCKEN TWAT, this breeder wanted the entire school to live "p nut free" because HER soul sucker couldnt have peanut butter, fuck her
I don't think it should be anyone's business what a kyd has in his lunchbox, unless it's a bomb. I also don't think that one kyd's allergy should dictate what other kyds can have for lunch on the basis that little Allergin Annie might eat it or be jealous. She should be taught not to eat other kyds' lunches and this would be a good time to learn that life isn't fair too.
kidlesskim Wrote:
> I don't think it should be anyone's business what
> a kyd has in his lunchbox, unless it's a bomb. I
> also don't think that one kyd's allergy should
> dictate what other kyds can have for lunch on the
> basis that little Allergin Annie might eat it or
> be jealous. She should be taught not to eat other
> kyds' lunches and this would be a good time to
> learn that life isn't fair too.

I agree, but parents of kids with peanut allergies are raising holy hell and demanding that nobody serve nuts any time, anywhere. They are even trying to get nuts banned from restaurant foods.

They claim that even a whiff of nuts from across the room will kill their child. Sorry but I have a hard time believing this.

The real truth is, they don't want to train their child to be careful about what they eat.

I've had friends who threw parties and a moomie would call up and insist that nuts not be served. As if the whole party revolves around their child!
Unless they can get the whole world to stop using nuts of all kinds, then little Allergin Annie needs to LEARN what has nuts or nut products in it and not to consume it. If these little bastards don't have to learn what contains nuts, nut oil, nut residue, etc......then when they get into the REAL world, where no one gives a shit about their "special dietary needs", they will have no idea what to look for as far as nut products and will no doubt keel over at a restaurant table one day and die from anaphylactic shock.

These parents are doing their kyds a grave disservice to force all of those around them to cater to them, watch out for them, and provide them with a plastic bubble existence. This does nothing to prepare them for the real world because in the real world no boss gives a damn about their need for a mid day nap, passengers on public transportation don't give a shit about their need to go potty first, visitors to public beaches won't put up with them copping a squat on the sand, and muggers would sooner pop a cap between their eyes than take the time for them to parrot gentle descipline hippie rhetoric about how they should play fair and that pistol whipping "hurts people."

I think it's child abuse to make a kyd's world like a perpetual Leave it to Beaver or Andy Griffith episode, because in real life there are no Aunt Bea's, friendly drunks, caring barbers, or neighbors who always do the right thing. They need to learn that in the real world, "the village" does'nt give a damn about their welfare.
nokyds4me wrote:

"WHAT A FUCKEN TWAT, this breeder wanted the entire school to live "p nut free" because HER soul sucker couldnt have peanut butter, fuck her"

My aunt really is a twat. Believe it or not she's a psychiatrist! Graduated the top of her class from med school! One would think she would have a bit more sense! My cousin, the soul sucker, is the twerpiest kid I've ever met. He's unable to get along well with other kids and has no friends. He lies constantly and seems that he might need a psychiatrist, other than moo. My aunt called me a few years ago whining about how horrible the teachers treated him at his old school, and how no one wanted to make concessions for his p-nut allergy. I let her know about all of the things she was doing wrong with in her communication with the school. Did she take my advice? Hell no!
Yes to peanuts!
Yes to natural selection!
What I'd like to know is where the fuck is all this crap about allergies is popping up? You rarely heard this crap when I was growing up. These kids now--allergic to this, allergic to that...well, if true, the world does not need to rearrange itself for allergic sprog. The parents do the child no favours with all this bubble-wrappinbg and coddling.
These allergy moos are nuts. At my school the allergy kids used to have their own little table where they and a few of their friends could sit (the chosen friends would voluntarily bring nut-free lunches). Then the allergy breeders started to moo about their kids being forced to sit at a special table and discrimination. They tried to get the entire school to be nut free. The final solution was to have half of each table be nut free, which is a huge pain in the ass for two reasons. 1) allergy tables have to be cleaned off after each lunch period (four in all) in a special way with special chemicals which takes about five minutes to do properly. Now instead of just having to do one table the lunch aides have do to 10 tables. It's extra unecessary work. 2) It is really difficult to police half of every class to make sure that they are nut free if they just happen to be sitting at the allergy side of the table that day. Most kids don't know or understand that their food may have traces of nuts in it. We're waiting for the day an Allergy Annie has to be rushed off to the emergency room just being the kid next to her was eating a Butterfinger bar. This would not be a problem if the kids were allowed to sit at their own little table with chosen friends who have had the importance of the situation explained to them.
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> What I'd like to know is where the fuck is all
> this crap about allergies is popping up? You
> rarely heard this crap when I was growing up.
> These kids now--allergic to this, allergic to
> that...well, if true, the world does not need to
> rearrange itself for allergic sprog. The parents
> do the child no favours with all this
> bubble-wrappinbg and coddling.

Yeah and don't forget all of their "intolerances" They have lactose intolerence, wheat intolerances, sugar intolerances, etc.......Milk allergies, dust mite allergies, peanut allergies, etc........Basically the same damned allergies which have been around for as long as I can remember. Only now, they have to have special diets, not just for themselves, but for EVERYBODY, just so Snotford won't feel left out or accidentally eat it. No stream of smoke can pass across their nostrils, no peanut oil can have ever been served on the same plate from which they might eat, all of the icecream has to be lactose free, etc..... What happened to the minority making adjustments so as not to disturb the majority?

Like I have mentioned, there is all KINDS of shit that makes me sick, but I JUST DON'T CONSUME IT. Red dye that's in Hawaiin punch, cherry koolaid, and stawberry jellos, popsickles, etc.... and just about anything with an artficial red/purple/blue color, GIVES ME HORRIBLE DIARRHEA, and always has. Did my mother tell the school to stop serving fruit juice at break times, or boycott the class parties because ONE KID shit all over the place because of purple koolaid? I think not. I didn't even bring a substitute, but JUST DIDN'T DRINK IT. When the fucking juice cart made it's way to my desk and all they had that day was red punch, I just didn't get anything and I turned out JUST FINE. I have since tested the waters, since I LOVE punch and red/purple popsickles, etc.....and I STILL get the runs whenever I consume it. I have grown to accept my life without fruit punch and purple popsickles, and so can the Shitford's of today. I can honestly say that not being able to consume purple koolaid while all of the other kyds did has NOT made me the least bit bitter or maladjusted.tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login